U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Charlie Weis be Fired?
Yes 22 66.67%
No 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM

4,589 posts, read 11,975,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
This is pathetic. How could they keep Charlie??? Willingham and Davie were fired for much less. Notre Dame football is becoming irrelevant.

The fact is that Charlie could only win with Ty Willingham's players. His own recruits are horrible. Give this useless blob the boot.

Maybe ND should consider moving down to Div. I-AA. They might then have a shot at a winning record.
wow...so much anger built up frustrations maybe???

Charlie is workin' with a bunch of young, inexperienced coaches....he deserves the second chance.....if nothing pans out then so be it...he and the team move on their seperate ways....

calm down there killer....smile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 12:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,324,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
If so ... Large Charlie should have his bags packed on the sidelines.
I saw his pic the other day (full body). Holy cow that guy is fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Don't forget Purdue!!
Yeah, I think the Boilermakers can also beat him.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,673,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
wow...so much anger built up frustrations maybe???

Charlie is workin' with a bunch of young, inexperienced coaches....he deserves the second chance.....if nothing pans out then so be it...he and the team move on their seperate ways....

calm down there killer....smile
I agree with him. Why does Weis get a longer shot to win when he has one more win than Willingham did at this time, and Ty was fired under the not impressive enough record?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I agree with him. Why does Weis get a longer shot to win when he has one more win than Willingham did at this time, and Ty was fired under the not impressive enough record?
lol....alright sweetie look, There are many reasons for their decision....1. ND already has commitments from several top-ranked recruits and as not to create a fall through, keeping Weis is a must 2. ND fans, and everyone else, should know how obsessed with tradition Notre Dame is. This being said, to continue the school’s recent tradition of bringing in top-10 recruiting classes and then coming nowhere close to actual top-10 during the season, the school needs to retain Charlie Weis to ensure the stability of its recruiting class for 2009.

As far as Wilingham goes.....I'm sorry but i'm totally not jumping on the “they did Tyrone Willingham wrong” bandwagon annoying.....Plus, how could you jump on that band wagon when Wilingham has Failed sooooo terribly at Washington???? Good thing we fired his @**.... Now lemme' make something clear......I'm not sure I have that much faith in Weis for year five because of many reasons but, ND does have a method to it's madness so i'll sit back and watch.....S*it happens...ya know' but at the end of the day.....it is what it is

Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
lol....alright sweetie look, There are many reasons for their decision....1. ND already has commitments from several top-ranked recruits and as not to create a fall through, keeping Weis is a must 2. ND fans, and everyone else, should know how obsessed with tradition Notre Dame is. This being said, to continue the school’s recent tradition of bringing in top-10 recruiting classes and then coming nowhere close to actual top-10 during the season, the school needs to retain Charlie Weis to ensure the stability of its recruiting class for 2009.

As far as Wilingham goes.....I'm sorry but i'm totally not jumping on the “they did Tyrone Willingham wrong” bandwagon annoying.....Plus, how could you jump on that band wagon when Wilingham has Failed sooooo terribly at Washington???? Good thing we fired his @**.... Now lemme' make something clear......I'm not sure I have that much faith in Weis for year five because of many reasons but, ND does have a method to it's madness so i'll sit back and watch.....S*it happens...ya know' but at the end of the day.....it is what it is
Im sorry he brings in top 10 recruiting classes and does nothing with them, and thats a coach you want? Also, people say well those lists aren't accurate, I say look at 2006 and you will see a pretty similar top 10 recruiting to the top 10 in the polls, with the exception of Notre Dame.

I dont care about Ty in Washington and how he stunk. When Notre Dame fired him one of the reasons was a poor win loss record. Weis in the same time frame has one more win than Ty, and yet not fired. Sorry but thats seems to be contradicting themselves.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 PM

^^^ bla bla bla........that's all u got?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
^^^ bla bla bla........that's all u got?

Well put like any or every sports debate we could go on for days. Time will tell I guess.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM

17,700 posts, read 35,635,365 times
Tyrone Willingham was hired as a third string replacement in the George O'Leary vacuum. Ty's wife and kids didn't want to move back to the cold midwest, but they did it because they saw it as a stepping stone job. Ty wasn't planning on staying at ND for very long. His family hated South Bend/Granger and his kids hated the schools they attended. The decision to fire Ty was a relief to his family and they immediately moved back west.

Ty wasn't their first choice to begin with and, for that matter, neither was Charlie, but unlike Ty, Charlie and his family WANT to be in South Bend.

Charlie did do well with Ty's recruits, he got them to play well, unlike Ty.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:32 AM

So how come Weis gets time for his recruits to develop and Ty didn't? You can keep saying the same Ty's family didn't want to be here, but Im talking on the field. Ty recruited the team Weis was successful under, and wies who has had top 10 recruting classes the past 3 seasons has not devloped his players. THis is a fact Weis has one more win than Ty and was given an extension while Ty was fired.Maybe if Ty got more than 3 years he could have had success under players like Quinn. Makes you think about Notre dame and it's fans

Old 12-06-2008, 04:11 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,231,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So how come Weis gets time for his recruits to develop and Ty didn't? You can keep saying the same Ty's family didn't want to be here, but Im talking on the field. Ty recruited the team Weis was successful under, and wies who has had top 10 recruting classes the past 3 seasons has not devloped his players. THis is a fact Weis has one more win than Ty and was given an extension while Ty was fired.Maybe if Ty got more than 3 years he could have had success under players like Quinn. Makes you think about Notre dame and it's fans
Most of Weis's success was with Bob Davie's players and his failure has been with Ty's and his own recruits. I wonder if a team of Charlie Weis's could drive the field on the ND defense if you put a tub of gravy in the end zone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football