U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,359,560 times

Advertisements

didn't boise beat oregon at oregon? what's utah's claim to fame? beating a pathetic michigan team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Firstly, Boise State belongs behind Utah. There is no question about it, no argument. So if Boise State receives a bowl bid, it should not, and will not, be at the expense of leaving Utah out.

Whether or not BSU should receive a bowl bid is up to speculation. I dont know of any team worth mentioning that BSU has beat this year. Going undefeated in the WAC means nothing. I would rather see TCU over BSU in a BCS game considering TCU was beaten by two teams that are ranked in the top 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM

I wonder if you were upset when USC and oklahoma got to the NC game ahead of an undefeated auburn team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac101964 View Post
I'm frustrated with the BCS once again this season. I'm a USC fan and whether they are undefeated, have one loss or two. The one thing even the people who hate the west coast can't deny is the fact that USC is very hard to beat in January. This year we have one of the best defenses ever put together in college football. Along with Alabama's defense I would like to see a battle of two good teams with bonofide defense...

But here we go again, Oklahoma will get pounded by who ever wins the SEC championship in my opinion, and USC will pound on Penn State.. Why does Ohio State and Oklahoma always get the red carpet rolled out when they have one loss??

Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,855,871 times
If OU goes to the BCS NCG, Boise State vs Utah in the Fiesta Bowl. Sorry Ohio State.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM

I'd like to see ball state vs. ohio state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
If OU goes to the BCS NCG, Boise State vs Utah in the Fiesta Bowl. Sorry Ohio State.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I'd like to see ball state vs. ohio state.
Leave out two undefeated teams?? Your crazy, unless Ball State takes FU's place....I'm cool with that.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,640,526 times
Quote:
didn't boise beat oregon at oregon? what's utah's claim to fame? beating a pathetic michigan team?
Utah did beat Oregon State at home. Utah is in no doubt, Boise does not deserve to get in over them. Besides both teams are done with the regular season and there is no way Boise will jump Utah in the rankings and get the non-BCS bid that comes with being in the top 12.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:53 PM

521 posts, read 1,492,105 times
Quote:
Please...

You're claim to fame: Beating up on an overrated Oregon team that is #23 today, and was #17 at the time you beat them by 5 points. I dont think there is much contention that the PAC-10 this year is weak.
Other than that, the WAC's "elite" is: Hawaii 7-5; LA Tech 7-5; Nevada 7-5; and Fresno St 7-5. None, except BSU, that is ranked. BRAVO.

Whereas the MWC stands at - Utah 12-0; TCU 10-2 (the two losses coming from top 10 teams); BYU 10-2 (BYU's only two losses by ranked teams in their conference); even AirForce at 8-4.
TCU ranked as high as #13. Today is #14
BYU ranked as high as #9. Today is #18
And of course, Utah today is #6.

There is no argument that Utah has had to play a tougher schedule, even though admittedly we haven't played a formidable non-conference opponent (but neither have you), being that we are in a much tougher MWC and will deservedly get a shot at a BCS bowl. I can however get over BSU not playing. Its what happens when your conference is weak and you dont play much of anyone worth mentioning.

I would say that ranking BSU at #9 is being very generous and you should count your blessings that you aren't ranked behind TCU since their only losses were against Utah #8 and Oklahoma #2 (at the time); and Ohio State who has beaten two ranked opponents and their two losses are from top 5 teams!
But I dont think that you are "entitled" to any BCS bid because you are undefeated considering your strength of schedule.

Last edited by wesside; 12-01-2008 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM

I guess I will have to say it again...... Utah is going to play Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. Texass VS. 'Bama in the Sugar Bowl. How cool is that?

I mean its not a fact but I think it would be way cool. The fans would travel. Who doesn't want to see two undefeated BCS winners go at it?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:07 PM

no no. I agree with you. I would like to see utah and boise. I am talking about another bowl where ohio state and ball state could play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Leave out two undefeated teams?? Your crazy, unless Ball State takes FU's place....I'm cool with that.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:08 PM

I have no problem with utah being in. I would like to see boise play a powerhouse though. they seem to be a pretty good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
Utah did beat Oregon State at home. Utah is in no doubt, Boise does not deserve to get in over them. Besides both teams are done with the regular season and there is no way Boise will jump Utah in the rankings and get the non-BCS bid that comes with being in the top 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football