U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:27 AM

1,821 posts, read 4,646,859 times

Advertisements

Well, there is the 45-35 campaign going on, as well as Oklahoma making their case. We'll see how that turns out today, but I want to start a campaign for Boise State. Oregon State lost last night which will more than likely open up a BCS spot. Now, I keep hearing that Ohio State is looking like they could get it. I think this is bull. Boise is undefeated and ranked a spot higher than Ohio State. I don't care if a non-BCS team is already in and that Boise plays in the WAC, Ohio State has lost 2 games and its not like the Big Ten is that great this year. Undefeated and the rankings should mean something.

So what do you think? Boise, Ohio State, someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,596,710 times
Boise State is looking pretty darned good in my book. They have my vote!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:33 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,680,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Boise State is looking pretty darned good in my book. They have my vote!

Agreed. I saw them vs Fresno St and they just blew them out of the water in the 2nd half.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:02 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,863,552 times
I vote for Ohio State. Sorry, just because a team goes undefeated in the WAC shouldn't mean automatic BCS Bid. I would take TCU over Boise State. The WAC is horrible. Wins over Oregon and FSU aren't much. I will admit though I HATE Boise State. Just can't stand them. They need to go to the MWC if they want more clout.

Also Ohio state only lost one conf. game to the number 7 team in the country and the conf. champ, their noncon loss was against a very good top 5 team.

This year I would rather see a rule change where they could take 3 from one conference.

If the Big XII has 3 one loss teams, someone is going to the holiday bowl with one loss!! That sucks for football. Just like last year when Mizzou got left out with two losses.

Is Boise State any better than Hawaii was last year? I doubt it.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:01 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,944,104 times
Just think of the mess if Missouri pulls an upset in the Big 12 championship.

Still think they should take the 6 big conference champs plus 2 at large teams and have an 8 team playoff.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I vote for Ohio State. Sorry, just because a team goes undefeated in the WAC shouldn't mean automatic BCS Bid. I would take TCU over Boise State. The WAC is horrible. Wins over Oregon and FSU aren't much. I will admit though I HATE Boise State. Just can't stand them. They need to go to the MWC if they want more clout.

Also Ohio state only lost one conf. game to the number 7 team in the country and the conf. champ, their noncon loss was against a very good top 5 team.

This year I would rather see a rule change where they could take 3 from one conference.

If the Big XII has 3 one loss teams, someone is going to the holiday bowl with one loss!! That sucks for football. Just like last year when Mizzou got left out with two losses.

Is Boise State any better than Hawaii was last year? I doubt it.
My guess is that you hate Boise State for beating us in the Fiesta Bowl Nevergoingback.

I can't hate a team for doing all they could to win a game. Plus, the Boise State fans are pretty decent folks.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,863,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
My guess is that you hate Boise State for beating us in the Fiesta Bowl Nevergoingback.

I can't hate a team for doing all they could to win a game. Plus, the Boise State fans are pretty decent folks.
Yeah, you might be right. I also can't stand that stupid smurf turf. Boise State has fans? news to me!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yeah, you might be right. I also can't stand that stupid smurf turf. Boise State has fans? news to me!!!
I DO hate the smurf turf; it's disgusting. As for the fans, I went on to their boards after they won and they were a pretty gracious bunch.

I hated the fact that they won that game though!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,145,051 times
I would vote for Ohio State. Not because I think they deserve it, and not because I think they are the better team. If you are the Sugar Bowl (used for hypothetical, sub BCS bowl of your choice if you prefer), and you have to choose between Boise State and Ohio State; more often than not you are picking money. Ohio State brings loads of fans and ratings. The Sugar Bowl could care less about Boise State; they want Ohio State and their throngs of fans.

As it stands now, Ohio State, Boise State, TCU, and Ball State would be eligible for the last BCS spot. I can not imagine any of those schools getting picked over Ohio State, fair or not.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:13 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,646,859 times
Thats a great point DC 38. Unfortunetly, money talks too much in college football. Example number one, getting a playoff system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football