U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:45 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,012,483 times

Advertisements

Texas maybe, but not Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
USC is not in if oklahoma loses. either texas or a 1 loss alabama team is in before USC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,012,483 times
No one ever counts USC's wins against any team, much less big ten teams as quality wins after the fact. But before they the Ohio State's Auburn's, Penn State's, Arkansas's, Virginia Tech's, Nebraska's, Notre Dame's and who ever else they beat in non league games as big games, then after they get blownout by USC, those wins suddenly become a non quality wins. Just like next year's game at Ohio State, it will be so blown out of proportion as the game of the year, but when all is said and done, it will be another USC blow out, and Ohio State will be seen as having a down year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksinco View Post
On the basis of what?
Because their loss to oregon State was a quality loss or because they shine against teams with losing records?
I wouldn't count either of their wins vs Big-10 as quality wins. Sorry.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:43 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,229,602 times
I think USC could play with any team in the country but I don't know if they're the best. They certainly have the most impressive athletes. One thing that impressed me about USC is that they would be favored against any team in the country.

Their main problem is that they have a killer instinct when it comes to the big games, but when it comes to the unimportant games, they're too busy banging B-List celebrities to mentally show up and they end up losing one to Stanford or Oregon State.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:41 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,428,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
I think USC could play with any team in the country but I don't know if they're the best. They certainly have the most impressive athletes. One thing that impressed me about USC is that they would be favored against any team in the country.

Their main problem is that they have a killer instinct when it comes to the big games, but when it comes to the unimportant games, they're too busy banging B-List celebrities to mentally show up and they end up losing one to Stanford or Oregon State.

Title game should have been Florida and USC.

We need a 4 team playoff badly.

Some want 8 teams, no way.

Leave it to the top 4 to play each other and the survivor wins it all.

Do not know how to match the 4 up but I am sure someone will.

Maybe 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 or something

Winners play for the title.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:46 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,671,396 times
Well if it was just a 4 team playoff then it would have been OU, Bama, Florida and Texas. USC ranked 5th in the BCS would have even been in it.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:56 PM

14,550 posts, read 22,415,763 times
Utah belongs at #2, not SC.

Utah did something that SC couldn't; beat the Beavers.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:40 PM

142 posts, read 240,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Utah belongs at #2, not SC.

Utah did something that SC couldn't; beat the Beavers.
If you reacall usc did beat the beavers the second time they played at the collisseum

F.Y.I. the Pac-Ten is undeafeated in bowl games explain that, how does such a crappy conferrence as the Pac-Ten win all there bowl games?huh
maybe becouse they are better then people give them credit, people just see that USC always beats them so they automatickly suck

Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM

14,550 posts, read 22,415,763 times
Well... USC is certainly a good team with some amazing talent. And if they could go a season without getting upset by the Stanford Cardinal or the Bruins or the Beavers, then it's BCS Championship time, right?

Either way, it's the Greater LA Metro's pro team, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football