Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
It should have been Texas versus Bama. I agree wholeheartedly.

Do you think it was a money thing having two big teams in two different games? I guess no one would want to see a Ohio St vs Utah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Do you think it was a money thing having two big teams in two different games? I guess no one would want to see a Ohio St vs Utah?
I think in the end it's ALL about money. I wish they'd have a darned playoff!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
Why in the world would we want to see a conference rematch? This is all reminding me of the 2006 NC when everyone said Michigan and Ohio State were the two best teams and should have a rematch for the NC; well, we all know how that turned out. No rational fan could say that FL doesn't deserve to be there, they lost once to a good team and beat the #1 team in the country. Not to mention that you can tell that they are a heck of a team just by watching them play. TX OU would mean that no other conference matters and the entire season would be decided within the Big XII.

USC has a better argument than TX at this point. At least they won their conference and played a real team out of conference. Same goes for Penn State.

TX had an argument for the Big XII South but you came up short, get over it, and take care of business against OSU or look stupid like Michigan did two years ago.

Last edited by truckingbronco; 12-11-2008 at 08:16 PM..

Old 12-11-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post

USC has a better argument than TX at this point. At least they won their conference and played a real team out of conference.

I said I didn't want to talk about this anymore but I cant let this go. Texas lost to the #7 team in the country on the road at the time and USC lost to a then unranked Oregon St team.

Texas is 4th in SOS playing in arguably the best conference in college football. Compare that to USC who is 67th in SOS and playing in the weak Pac 10.

Sorry , USC did not hold a candle to texas in this argument.

Now I would like to focus on Texas Ohio St and OU vs Florida.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I said I didn't want to talk about this anymore but I cant let this go. Texas lost to the #7 team in the country on the road at the time and USC lost to a then unranked Oregon St team.

Texas is 4th in SOS playing in arguably the best conference in college football. Compare that to USC who is 67th in SOS and playing in the weak Pac 10.

Sorry , USC did not hold a candle to texas in this argument.

Now I would like to focus on Texas Ohio St and OU vs Florida.
USC won their conference, Texas did not. I don't think USC should be in the NC game either, but at this point, they have a better argument than a team that didn't even win their division.

The point is not that USC should be in the NC, it's that FL deserves to be there and Texas does not.

...on to FL OU

Last edited by truckingbronco; 12-11-2008 at 08:58 PM..

Old 12-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
USC won their conference, Texas did not. I don't think USC should be in the NC game either, but at this point, they have a better argument than a team that didn't even win their division.

...on to FL OU

Sorry cant let that go. USC should be ahead of Texas even though they played in a VERY weak conference and has the worse loss? Sorry don't think so.

Again 67th in SOS compared to 4th. Playing weak teams doesn't mean your better other wise Ball St should have been thrown into the mix

Now on to OU Florida and Texas OSU

Old 12-11-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry cant let that go. USC should be ahead of Texas even though they played in a VERY weak conference and has the worse loss? Sorry don't think so.

Again 67th in SOS compared to 4th. Playing weak teams doesn't mean your better other wise Ball St should have been thrown into the mix

Now on to OU Florida and Texas OSU
Once again, my post wasn't about USC, it's about Texas. If the OP wants to argue that Texas should be in the NC then Penn State fans and USC fans have just as strong, or stronger, of an argument that their teams deserve a shot.

I would have gave you Utah, but Ball State???

Old 12-12-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Once again, my post wasn't about USC, it's about Texas. If the OP wants to argue that Texas should be in the NC then Penn State fans and USC fans have just as strong, or stronger, of an argument that their teams deserve a shot.

I would have gave you Utah, but Ball State???

Ball St was undefeated at the time, even though they didn't play anyone why should they no0t be considered if we use your method. USC and Penn St didn't play near the same level of competition OU, Texas and Florida did. OU and Texas's losses were all to top 10 teams, unlike USC and Penn who lost to unranked teams.

I don't understand who it can be held against Texas for playing a tough sechdule and USC and Penn St can play an average one but be in the same boat

Old 12-13-2008, 06:15 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
All of these USC homers don't have an argument. Texas had a far tougher schedule than USC. Get out of the weak PAC 10, beat some good teams and then you might have a good argument.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
All of these USC homers don't have an argument. Texas had a far tougher schedule than USC. Get out of the weak PAC 10, beat some good teams and then you might have a good argument.

I agree 100%.

Whats done is done though so what does it matter now. We should just focus on the games that are going to be played rather than things that could have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football