U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 06:09 PM

7,126 posts, read 9,243,022 times
Default Why Florida?

Why not Texas? Florida got beat by Mississippi! At least Texas was beat by a ranked team..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 06:40 PM

3,108 posts, read 926,683 times
Florida deserves to be there, the team they most likely will be facing does not.

Do as I will and become a Gator fan that day and hope Tebow throws for 9 TD passes.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:46 PM

I always thought the national championship game was supposed to be between the two best teams in the country......OU and Texas........

Old 12-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I always thought the national championship game was supposed to be between the two best teams in the country......OU and Texas........

Well I would say Florida is a team to be respected. Once again it comes down to a playoff, we will never know if Florida could beat Texas or whatever because computers decide it, when it should be done on the field. It is really disgusting some nerds math formula decides college football.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:59 PM

In every statistical analysis of the season, OU beats Texas. Yes, Texas won the game over OU, but Texas lost to TTU who got spanked by OU......so in head to head playing they are equal. whine all you want but OU deserves to be in the big 12 Championship. I simply think that Texas is a better team than Florida and deserves to meet OU in Miami. The NC is supposed to be between the two best teams in the country. That is OU and Texas. Not Florida. Not USC. Simply because they are in the same conference should not make a difference.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
In every statistical analysis of the season, OU beats Texas. Yes, Texas won the game over OU, but Texas lost to TTU who got spanked by OU......so in head to head playing they are equal. whine all you want but OU deserves to be in the big 12 Championship. I simply think that Texas is a better team than Florida and deserves to meet OU in Miami. The NC is supposed to be between the two best teams in the country. That is OU and Texas. Not Florida. Not USC. Simply because they are in the same conference should not make a difference.

I could and really would go on about this but it's been argued in like 5 different topics on here.

What the heck. The whole Tech beat Texas is a great argument it really is, if it were from Tech who was trying to pass Texas to get into the Big XII game. However it's from an OU point of view and Texas beat OU. Look at any other conference and Texas would be playing tonight.

Thats it Im done talking about Texas vs OU.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:14 PM

So quit talking about Texas and OU. I'm talking about Texas and Florida. I think Texas belongs in the NC game instead of Florida. OU is a done deal...their spot was decided by the rules they all agreed to follow. Get over it.

BUT, had Alabama won tonight, I would not have said a thing. But Florida won. Texas has the same record as Florida. Texas played a tougher schedule and was beat by a tougher team than Florida played or was beat by. Texas, based on those computer nerds and in every practical way, is a better team than Florida. They should be playing OU in the NC game.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:35 PM

40,871 posts, read 42,078,943 times
Quote:
By any other conference rules Texas would be in the championship game . Teaxs beat both Oklahoma and missouri.The only way this season can end on a good note is if Flroida wins against Oklahoma because Oklahoma will never clearly really be thought of as a national champion. Even iof okloahoma plyed Tewxas again that would just mean one win each;nothing decided.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:38 PM

24,590 posts, read 10,768,450 times
I think OU will have a tougher time with Florida. OU has pretty much psyched out Mizzou at this point. Florida will not bow down so easily.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:54 PM

2,818 posts, read 3,921,814 times
Man I hope Oklahoma puts up a good battle, all these Texas fans whining about how they should be in, they're not, its been decided, done, nothing is going change that.

How about looking at the positives of the season and look forward to your bowl game (even if it isn't a NC game).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football