Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Boise St. will get schooled by TCU.

I'm pissed that Rutgers got screwed. They got a crappy Papa Johns Bowl against NC State. RU is one of the hottest teams in all of college football (6-game winning streak)! And for that, they earn a mediocre Bowl.

Rutgers is 7W 5L, they're lucky to be going anywhere with such a mediocre record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 09:22 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
the Orange Bowl is horrible!!!! no 4 loss team should ever be allowed to a BCS game. ILLINOIS had 3 losses last season and that was pushing it.

i like watching Ohio State get owned every year in the BCS bowl games, so I'll enjoy watching them get ROMPED again.

the thing with small schools like boise state is they don't play anyone so you can't blame anyone for them being left out...

look at who Ohio State played...Boise can't compare to that competition. watch TCU beat them...TCU will be the best team they've played all season long...

Old 12-08-2008, 10:02 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
Had Rutgers beat Cincinnati (they lost 13-10) they would be in the Orange Bowl.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post

Had my Aunt Edna been born with testicles and a penis she'd be my Uncle Edward.

Hadda, woulda, shoulda, couldas count for nothing.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Boise St. and TCU played eachother a few years back. Boise St. won, so this could be a revenge game for the (10-2) Frogs. Add on the fact that they're playing in the WhoCares Bowl, and you've got some heat for TCU to come out and kill the Broncos.

BTW, BOTH schools will be in BCS confrences, soon enough......

Old 12-08-2008, 10:22 AM

Which BCS conferences would they most likely be included in? the Big 10 needs 1 more school but neither would come close to qualifying since the Big 10 is all about elite academics. plus the obvious is their locations...

Old 12-08-2008, 12:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Thats what you get for starting the season losing 5 out of 6 games and losing to a feeble Fresno State team and an even worse Navy team.
Yes, they started out 1-5. The team from the 1st half of the season was a bottom 25 team. Today, they are as good as a top 25 team (but obviously not ranked). Somehow, Teel finally figured it out and he was on fire the last couple mos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Rutgers is 7W 5L, they're lucky to be going anywhere with such a mediocre record.
Again, they started off slow and finished hot. Right now, I bet most teams in the Top 25 outside of the 0-loss and 1-loss teams could lose to Rutgers, be it at home or road. RU gave Pitt (a top 20 team) their biggest defeat, in Pitt no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Well, I guess there's always next year. Last year, RU lost Ray Rice to the NFL, who left early. This year, we'll lose Teel (senior), Underwood (senior), and probably Britt (junior). I hope their underclassmen can mature quickly. And that they continue getting great HS athletes.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Had my Aunt Edna been born with testicles and a penis she'd be my Uncle Edward.

Hadda, woulda, shoulda, couldas count for nothing.

My point was how stupid the BCS is. I wish there was a playoff because I think Rutgers can do some serious damage with the way they're playing right now.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Yes, they started out 1-5. The team from the 1st half of the season was a bottom 25 team. Today, they are as good as a top 25 team (but obviously not ranked). Somehow, Teel finally figured it out and he was on fire the last couple mos.

Again, they started off slow and finished hot. Right now, I bet most teams in the Top 25 outside of the 0-loss and 1-loss teams could lose to Rutgers, be it at home or road. RU gave Pitt (a top 20 team) their biggest defeat, in Pitt no less.

Well, I guess there's always next year. Last year, RU lost Ray Rice to the NFL, who left early. This year, we'll lose Teel (senior), Underwood (senior), and probably Britt (junior). I hope their underclassmen can mature quickly. And that they continue getting great HS athletes.
If Britt stays and the quarterback situation gets settled, they will be tough. Big if though, plus you have to figure most other teams are in the same situation.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:13 PM

I wish louisville had better academics. they would be a great addition to the Big 10.

my personal choice is Mizzou but they would never leave the weak Big 12 North...but if one school joined the Big 10 I would hope that it would be Missouri. I can dream, can't I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football