U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,677,697 times

Advertisements

I would say Harvin would be fine from a sprained ankle after more than a month. Also I would say Florida has the edge in Special teams.

The over under on this game is 71.5. I would take the over with these two teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,582,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Also I would say Florida has the edge in Special teams.
Understatement of the year. Their special teams may be what beats the Sooners. I hope not.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:51 PM

142 posts, read 473,068 times
I would like to already congratulate Florida, I think they will blow out Oklahoma, just Like USC did a few years ago. The only team that could possibly beat Florida, is USC with their outstanding defensive unit. I'm not saying SC would win, just that they have the only chance of beating Florida.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
I would like to already congratulate Florida, I think they will blow out Oklahoma, just Like USC did a few years ago. The only team that could possibly beat Florida, is USC with their outstanding defensive unit. I'm not saying SC would win, just that they have the only chance of beating Florida.

The LAST thing I want to do is defend OU but here I go. Why does OU not have a chance? Who has USC played? The Pac Ten sucks this year and the other top team beat USC. Say what you want but OU beat some of the top teams in the country, thus earning it the #1 in SOS. I would also throw Texas in there who is #3 in sos. Now compare that to USC who is 67th in sos. I think both teams could handle Florida.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:03 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
It's not going to help UF that their OC just took another job. Same thing happened in 2000 with FSU, good omen for OU possibly.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:33 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,582,003 times
Quote:
The LAST thing I want to do is defend OU but here I go. Why does OU not have a chance? Who has USC played? The Pac Ten sucks this year and the other top team beat USC. Say what you want but OU beat some of the top teams in the country, thus earning it the #1 in SOS. I would also throw Texas in there who is #3 in sos. Now compare that to USC who is 67th in sos. I think both teams could handle Florida.
I know you don't appreciate the situation (with the Longhorns) right now, but your objective nature is shining through Packersnut21!

I'd rep you if I could but I have to spread it around...

Old 12-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Status: "Come to Texas. We still have plastic straws!" (set 1 day ago)

47,037 posts, read 37,156,408 times
I don't think it's going to be a blowout. I really don't. Here's the prediction right here: Florida 37, Oklahoma 33. Real competitive. Lots of drama expected.

If nothing else, the Big 12 has had their best year ever, especially the South division. It's only fitting that one of the teams from there is going to be represented in this game.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I know you don't appreciate the situation (with the Longhorns) right now, but your objective nature is shining through Packersnut21!

I'd rep you if I could but I have to spread it around...

IN the end we are both Big XII teams and you and I are sick of the SEC is tops talk. You know you might be getting me to root for you guys, just don't expect me to be wearing a OU jersey.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 AM

142 posts, read 473,068 times
SOS is so hard to determine, we only had three non conference games. We kicked the crap out of all three. Two of them have the riches of football traditions in Ohio State and Notre Dame. They beat Ohio State 35-3, Notre Dame 38-3 and Virginia 52-7. Is it our fault N.D. hired Charlie Weiss? I wished they had fired him, so N.D. could get better so the win over them would mean something. OSU on the other hand was 10-2 and in the last 2 of 3 NC games. I know Virginia is not a football power, but they're not Miss Valley State or McNeese State either. It's too bad that we have to have these types of duscussions, instead of just strapping it up and settling it all on the field. I personally think only Florida could beat USC. I would love to see that game!!! But that's just my opinion.

Quote:

Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
SOS is so hard to determine, we only had three non conference games. We kicked the crap out of all three. Two of them have the riches of football traditions in Ohio State and Notre Dame. They beat Ohio State 35-3, Notre Dame 38-3 and Virginia 52-7. Is it our fault N.D. hired Charlie Weiss? I wished they had fired him, so N.D. could get better so the win over them would mean something. OSU on the other hand was 10-2 and in the last 2 of 3 NC games. I know Virginia is not a football power, but they're not Miss Valley State or McNeese State either. It's too bad that we have to have these types of duscussions, instead of just strapping it up and settling it all on the field. I personally think only Florida could beat USC. I would love to see that game!!! But that's just my opinion.
I really don't think SOS is hard to determine, the better records your opponents have, the tougher your schedule is.

USC lost to Oregon State.

Quit over recruiting the state of Ca and let the PAC10 get stronger. Half of the players on the USC bench would be starters for other PAC10 teams.
Until this happens USC better quit losing to OSU, Stanford and CAL. To go the NCG out of the PAC10, you can't lose.

Back on topic, OU and UF are definitely the two best teams in FBS today (not in Oct maybe). The BCS got it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football