U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:00 PM

1,779 posts, read 3,484,888 times

Advertisements

Tebow or Harrell.

Objectively, Harrell has much better stats than any of the other three.

Subjectively, Tebow has an amazing leadership story this year to sell. Plus he gets to vote for himself.

McCoy and Bradford are too close to each other, and in the middle both subjectively and objectively. They'll split, with Bradford probably pulling ahead due to the 60+ 5 game record.

But either Harrell or Tebow will win it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 02:21 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,546,160 times
Tim Tebow will win the Heisman trophy,just because he puts Jesus Christ Lord and Saviour first and foremost in his life and attributes his talents and abilities are from God.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:28 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,383,088 times
It would have to be tebow again

none of the quarterbacks put up any significant statistics, and they all play on loaded teams

Bradford has DeMarco Murray, and Chris Brown

Harrell, and Crabtree have each other

Colt has plenty of good players around

Tebow really is the whole offense for the gators

not that the gators do not have good all around players, but Colt plays well within the system, and Tebow basically is the system

It is probably between colt and tebow, but if you took colt and put him on UCLA, they would still have done bad, but if you stick Tebow on UCLA then they would instantly become good even without a defense

Old 12-09-2008, 04:47 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,538,378 times
Bradford. No other QB in the nation has performed as well as he has. Tebow is a great QB, but I think his biggest hurdle will be winning it the year before. If Tebow wins though, I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:50 PM

8,340 posts, read 14,095,346 times
No disrespect; but if Graham Harrell wins the Heisman; they should close down the athletic club and stop giving out the Heisman. It will officially have become a hype driven award with no meaning. Harrell is not even the best player on his team, let along all of college football.

I guess I should post a list so it doesn't look like I am ruthlessly bashing someone with no ideas of my own.

Tebow
Bradford
McCoy
Crabtree
Shawn Green

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 12-09-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-09-2008, 05:41 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
none of the quarterbacks put up any significant statistics,
explain???
48 td with only 6(5) int's is pretty significant. Mr. Bradford has a higher passing efficiency than the last ten QB's that won the heisman, pretty significant. Tebow's #'s aren't anywhere close to last years. Its gonna be real close between Colt and Sam.

I don't care what team anyone is on, Sam Bradford was the best player in the FBS this year.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,901,398 times
McCoy;Bradford or Crabtree. Tebow will not get it because he already won. That also works aginst Mccoy because he will play as a senior next yuear. I bet Bradford.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post

Colt has plenty of good players around
I'm sorry I laughed at this. The guys around Colt are so good none were named.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:22 PM

612 posts, read 1,623,562 times
Very close race this year. I despise Oklahoma but I really give them props to a great year and team. The Big 12 overall was a tough conference and produced great players. This is my order.

1. McCoy
2. Bradford
3. Tebow
4. Crabtree

IMO, Sam Bradford deserves it after all the big numbers he produced but I think Colt McCoy did a better job.

Hook 'Em Horns!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:24 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Tebow or Harrell.

Objectively, Harrell has much better stats than any of the other three.

Subjectively, Tebow has an amazing leadership story this year to sell. Plus he gets to vote for himself.

McCoy and Bradford are too close to each other, and in the middle both subjectively and objectively. They'll split, with Bradford probably pulling ahead due to the 60+ 5 game record.

But either Harrell or Tebow will win it.
Lol lucky you do not decide the Hesiman race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football