U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:33 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,579,448 times

Advertisements

As much as I am not a big fan of the Pac 10, you have to give it to them, they ARE winning their bowl games. And Ok State was a pretty good team that took the Longhorns down to the wire.

So, props to the Pac 10 for their good showing in these bowl games!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,677,306 times
To be fair Dez Bryant was in the entire game vs Texas not the case vs Oregon. When he was in he had over 100 yards receiving in the 1st half. I bet a whole different story if he is in the game the entire time.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,579,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
To be fair Dez Bryant was in the entire game vs Texas not the case vs Oregon. When he was in he had over 100 yards receiving in the 1st half. I bet a whole different story if he is in the game the entire time.
I didn't know that, which SUCKS! Dez Bryant is a machine. Did he get injured?

Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,677,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I didn't know that, which SUCKS! Dez Bryant is a machine. Did he get injured?

Did something to his knee I believe. I didn't know he was a sophomore, which sucks because another year for Texas to have to deal with him.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:55 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,395,951 times
why cant Southern California be beaten by the midwest in a football game?

Cal did beat miami, Oregon(mostly Cali kids) did beat OK State, USC beat Ohio State and PSU

but I refuse to believe California has better talent than florida, texas, and the midwest combined

I think it is because these other teams are beat up and burned out from a grueling season, and have no motivation to play these pac-10 teams

Old 01-01-2009, 09:36 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,825,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
why cant Southern California be beaten by the midwest in a football game?

Cal did beat miami, Oregon(mostly Cali kids) did beat OK State, USC beat Ohio State and PSU

but I refuse to believe California has better talent than florida, texas, and the midwest combined

I think it is because these other teams are beat up and burned out from a grueling season, and have no motivation to play these pac-10 teams
And if these teams are as good as they think they are they should be beating teams like Cal, Oregon.

Sure they might be burnt out but so are the rest of the teams in the country. Despite what conference you play in you have a bunch of tired football players who give there all.

And for having no motivation, I won't even go there. To win a bowl game against a west coast team would be motivating enough. Heck just to win a bowl game. I'm sure motivation wasn't a problem.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:07 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,022,063 times
Originally Posted by Packersnut21

Does Dez play defense?

Nope, and Oregon rolled offensively in the second half. It would not have mattered because Robinson was beat down in the second. He could not complete a pass because his arm was thrashed. Dez is awesome, but Oregon's D made adjustments at half and held OSU. Believe me, I hate our defensive coordinator as he usually does not make adjustments, but he did this time. Besides, Dez was not a big scorer away from Stillwater, so OSU needs to find other play maker receivers.

The key to OSU's defeat was they could not run the ball. If you have Kendall Hunter and cannot run the ball, even our dbs can begin to make plays. Put simply, Oregon started to run th ball in the 2nd half (they only ran it around 10 times in the first) and you saw what happened. When you have a 5'9'' qb bulling over your db for a touchdown, it is over.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The #2 Pac 10 team just beat the #4/#5 team from the Big 12. I guess that is somewhat of a quality win.

Outside of the Rose Bowl, the PAC 10 plays lesser ranked teams from other conf. and mid majors in their bowl games.

I'm not impressed one bit.
You are a Sooner fan, so who cares?

Besides, you have lost 4 straight BCS games (including a 55-19 smackdown to USC)...yowzaa!

Hey the Bills called, they want their CHOKE back.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,859,903 times
Yeah the Ducks sure are a powerhouse.

OU since 2000

6 conf championships
1 NC

Only team to have played in 4 BCS NCG.

I didn't mean to take away anything from the Mighty Ducks.
They are the greatest powerhouse in CFB evar!!!
PAC10!!!! PAC10!!! PAC10!!!!!!

1-6 against the MWC, nice try.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yeah the Ducks sure are a powerhouse.

OU since 2000

6 conf championships
1 NC

Only team to have played in 4 BCS NCG.

I didn't mean to take away anything from the Mighty Ducks.
They are the greatest powerhouse in CFB evar!!!
PAC10!!!! PAC10!!! PAC10!!!!!!

1-6 against the MWC, nice try.
In Cross Country we are!

2 time defending Champions!!!

Yeah, you haters can step off this Xcountry POWER!!!!

For information on becoming a Sooner booster, call

1-800-CHOKE (that's 1-800-CHOKE)

The University of Oklahoma
"Where Whine is a Way of Life"

Last edited by Acuda; 01-02-2009 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football