Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times

Advertisements

the Pac-10 has been darn lucky this year

Ohio State didnt have Chris Wells, and PSU didnt have Evan Royster when they played USC

Dez Bryant was not in for most of the game against Oregon

Robert Marve did not play against Cal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post

Ohio State didnt have Chris Wells, and PSU didnt have Evan Royster when they played USC

Excuses,Excuses.

USC still would of beat both Ohio State and PSU comfortably.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:20 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
How is it great what he said??? "No one can beat them"?? Come on now, leave that stuff for the players. I call it classless. They got beat already, so did OU, UF, UT. Are the other coaches gonna be spouting that same nonsense? No. Unless UT takes care of business, Mack is going to have plenty to say. (I would to)

Pete Carroll needs to get in line behind Mack Brown (if they do what they should on Monday) and Kyle Whittingham.

Mack beat the last "unbeatable" SC team and no one has beat the Utes.

I guess it's only funny to SC fans.
I'm glad Stoops doesn't spout that kind of nonsense.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:

BWAAAAHAAAAAA

SC didn't have Joe McKnight or Stanley Havili.

Dez Bryant went out around halftime and Oklahoma State's defense stayed in the locker room to hang out with Kendall Hunter who was there the entire game (note sarcasm). Besides, that QB for Oregon who ran all over OSU was the Duck's 4th string to begin the year...but, he'll start for us the next 2 years.

Robert Marve was garbage anyways. Jacory Harris played awesome and is going to be great. Of course Nate Longshore (Cal) is terrible and played the entire game.

Getting back to the OP, Carroll has a loud mouth, but who cares, he's Pete Carroll...everyone knows he mouths off.

Last edited by Acuda; 01-03-2009 at 10:06 AM..

Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,201 times
Quote:

It's not like USC barely beat Ohio State and Penn State, they dismantled them and put both games away by halftime.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:04 PM

^^^

Without beanie wells, or evan royster to deal with, and plus why does USC get to play at home for a bowl game?

in football the best defense is the best offense because the more the offense is on the field, the more rest the defense gets, the less the offense is on the field, the weaker the defense becomes

Old 01-03-2009, 06:34 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
^^^

Without beanie wells, or evan royster to deal with, and plus why does USC get to play at home for a bowl game?

in football the best defense is the best offense because the more the offense is on the field, the more rest the defense gets, the less the offense is on the field, the weaker the defense becomes
With or without Beanie Wells or Evan Royster, it was quite clear that USC would of still won.

And for the bolded part, maybe because they are the best team in the PAC-10.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:47 PM

How come the Big-10 does not get its own bowl game in Midwest?

It is not fair that they have to come to SoCal all the time

Old 01-03-2009, 09:50 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,716,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
How is it great what he said??? "No one can beat them"?? Come on now, leave that stuff for the players. I call it classless. They got beat already, so did OU, UF, UT. Are the other coaches gonna be spouting that same nonsense? No. Unless UT takes care of business, Mack is going to have plenty to say. (I would to)

Pete Carroll needs to get in line behind Mack Brown (if they do what they should on Monday) and Kyle Whittingham.

Mack beat the last "unbeatable" SC team and no one has beat the Utes.

I guess it's only funny to SC fans.
I'm glad Stoops doesn't spout that kind of nonsense.
He said what was on his mind. Instead of a being politically correct wussy. That's classless? I respect that. He's being straight up, not a double speaking, say nothing politician. Yeah, I thought it was great.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
I wish Utah could play one more game! I mean they are 13-0 and just beat the crap out of Bama, would love to see them play one more game, maybe against the winner of FL, OU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football