U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:04 AM
 
36 posts, read 12,720 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

usc should be proud. they beat UVA just as bad as duke beat UVA. usc may or may not be as good as duke. congrats to their coming up short year once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
This is USC argument every year, USC in it's 3 non conf. games played Ohio State, Notre Dame and Virginia. 2 of those programs are of the top ten in the history of college football!!! And Virginia is not some Div ll slouch like some of the east coast "powers" play every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:14 AM
 
36 posts, read 12,720 times
Reputation: 14
I think that sooner linebacker was foolish for calling out tebow. when tebow gets called out, people get destroyed. lsu had a player that did that. florida ended their season. fsu had a player that did that, and the gators feasted on seminoles in the rain. I watched texas play last night. if that offense hung 45 on the sooners in victory, I can't imagine what a balanced offense is going to do to them. I am very familiar with the sooners, as my dad is a sooner fan. I am sure that most sooner fans have only heard the name tim tebow. I have some names you might want to remember. percy harvin, jeff demps, chris rainey, brandon james (since I know how horrible the sooner special teams are), brandon spikes, janoris jenkins, and ahmad black. the gators top 3 running backs are faster than every single player in the big 12. jeff demps is the fastest teenager in the united states, and proved it in the olympic trials. the gators even have a 5th or 6th stringer named emanual moody that's pretty good. he was a starter at usc, but when he transferred to a real conference, he was only good enough for 5th string. oh those talented and deep trojans! long live the trash talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Ha Ha Ha!!! I love it!!

As long as we hang half a hundred +1, I won't be complaining.
I'm sure you know where "hang half a hundred on them by halftime" originated.

By the end of the first quarter I think uf and all of their fans aren't going to know what hit them.

1-8-09 OU Gets #8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005
As much as I want Texas to be #1, it's not gonna happen. It will be out of whoever wins Thursday.

Utah will (or should) be #2 (at least). If there was any real justice in this world, they would be #1. Regardless of what confrence they're in, they are still the only FBS school that's undefeated.

It's a toss up for #3 between Texas, USC, and (depending on the outcome), the National Title runner up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 AM
 
36 posts, read 12,720 times
Reputation: 14
well if utah didn't play the sec runner up, maybe they would be number 1. if they want consideration, they should join the pac 10 or something. I heard that in the late 70's, utah and byu were going to join the pac 10, but they took arizona and arizona state instead. if you want to play with the big boys in the championship game, you have got to play with the big boys all year long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
As much as I want Texas to be #1, it's not gonna happen. It will be out of whoever wins Thursday.

Utah will (or should) be #2 (at least). If there was any real justice in this world, they would be #1. Regardless of what confrence they're in, they are still the only FBS school that's undefeated.

It's a toss up for #3 between Texas, USC, and (depending on the outcome), the National Title runner up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,854,072 times
Reputation: 1825
Hey Florida Fans, just in case it slipped your mind, it's a football game on Thursday, not a track meet!!

Sooners are doomed I tell ya!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 AM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,854,072 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
well if utah didn't play the sec runner up, maybe they would be number 1. if they want consideration, they should join the pac 10 or something. I heard that in the late 70's, utah and byu were going to join the pac 10, but they took arizona and arizona state instead. if you want to play with the big boys in the championship game, you have got to play with the big boys all year long.
Yep they took UA and ASU from the WAC instead of Utah and BYU.

I think its time for the PAC 12 with a CCG. It would help the entire conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM
 
36 posts, read 12,720 times
Reputation: 14
does tim tebow look like a track star? power and speed. it's gonna be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Hey Florida Fans, just in case it slipped your mind, it's a football game on Thursday, not a track meet!!

Sooners are doomed I tell ya!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
 
36 posts, read 12,720 times
Reputation: 14
I totally agree. when you play better schools, it makes you a better team. I live in NC, and root for app. state. I think app. state is scheduling schools like michigan and lsu because they want to raise money, and they want to jump to d-1. you heard it here first. look for them to jump to d-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yep they took UA and ASU from the WAC instead of Utah and BYU.

I think its time for the PAC 12 with a CCG. It would help the entire conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
well if utah didn't play the sec runner up, maybe they would be number 1. if they want consideration, they should join the pac 10 or something. I heard that in the late 70's, utah and byu were going to join the pac 10, but they took arizona and arizona state instead. if you want to play with the big boys in the championship game, you have got to play with the big boys all year long.
I think ya have to be invited to a confrence.... and if that's true, the Pac-10 isn't rolling out the welcome mat.

TCU SHOULD BE in the Big XII now. Eventually it will happen. I know their gonna get tired of Baylor someday.
Same thing goes for Utah, BYU, and Bosie State. These schools will be in better confrences..... just as long as they continue to play good enough for consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,547,663 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
I think that sooner linebacker was foolish for calling out tebow. when tebow gets called out, people get destroyed. lsu had a player that did that. florida ended their season. fsu had a player that did that, and the gators feasted on seminoles in the rain. I watched texas play last night. if that offense hung 45 on the sooners in victory, I can't imagine what a balanced offense is going to do to them. I am very familiar with the sooners, as my dad is a sooner fan. I am sure that most sooner fans have only heard the name tim tebow. I have some names you might want to remember. percy harvin, jeff demps, chris rainey, brandon james (since I know how horrible the sooner special teams are), brandon spikes, janoris jenkins, and ahmad black. the gators top 3 running backs are faster than every single player in the big 12. jeff demps is the fastest teenager in the united states, and proved it in the olympic trials. the gators even have a 5th or 6th stringer named emanual moody that's pretty good. he was a starter at usc, but when he transferred to a real conference, he was only good enough for 5th string. oh those talented and deep trojans! long live the trash talk.

Pretty bold talk the day before the big game. I hope the Sooners will shut that trap clap closed for the rest of year to tell you the truth.

However, if those who worship Tebow and kiss his godliness win this game, I'll be back to give you my dues.

Deal?

Will you do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top