U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2009, 04:21 PM
 
36 posts, read 12,715 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

what about 6-6 vandy beating boston college. what about 6-6 kentucky beating ecu. what about what lsu did to the #13 team in the country. how easy it is to forget that. if it wasn't for nebraska and mizzouri barely winning their bowl games, the big 12 would be a laughing stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Hmmm, just seems they would have got beaten badly when they played a "real" conference. I guess:

Alabama's heart wasn't in it

Smith wasn't playing

Utah had a lot more to prove so they played harder than ever

Alabama didn't prepare

Utah just got lucky

blah blah blah, I forget what some of the other popular excuses SEC fans have been trying to float.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
 
36 posts, read 12,715 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Here ya go, this is the kind of stuff we're sick of. This guy has the biggest Tebowner evar!!! I mean, really, this guy can't be serious.
you know what I bet tebow is sick of? being left off the balot in the mid west to make room for graham harrell, and having that bias cost him the heisman. bradford was more than worthy, but it fuels tebow. also, I am sure that tebow, who if he comes back next year, will go down as the greatest player in college football history, is sick of hearing he will be a 5th round draft pick and be a fullback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,430,059 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
what about 6-6 vandy beating boston college. what about 6-6 kentucky beating ecu. what about what lsu did to the #13 team in the country. how easy it is to forget that. if it wasn't for nebraska and mizzouri barely winning their bowl games, the big 12 would be a laughing stock.
Trying to change the subject from Utah whipping Alabama like a red headed step child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,430,059 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
will go down as the greatest player in college football history,
Put down the crack pipe, and just slowly step away from it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 04:44 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
you know what I bet tebow is sick of? being left off the balot in the mid west to make room for graham harrell, and having that bias cost him the heisman. bradford was more than worthy, but it fuels tebow. also, I am sure that tebow, who if he comes back next year, will go down as the greatest player in college football history, is sick of hearing he will be a 5th round draft pick and be a fullback.
Bradford was left off over 90 ballots, McCoy was left off over 120, Tebow was left off 150. That only says more people had Tebow 4th place than the rest of the guys. All 4 of those guys were Heisman worthy this year. You are saying there was no SE bias? come on now.

Can we please see the the video of his speech after the Ole Miss game? please? It's only been played 5 million times.

Greatest CFB player ever? The entire world will disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
 
36 posts, read 12,715 times
Reputation: 14
undefeated and #6. look what ole miss did to 1 loss texas tech in texas. that one looks much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Trying to change the subject from Utah whipping Alabama like a red headed step child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
 
36 posts, read 12,715 times
Reputation: 14
heisman finalist, heisman trophy, already 1 national championship, perhaps the best leader college football has ever seen. if they win another NC this year, and imagine another heisman and NC next year. that legacy would not be touched by ANYONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Put down the crack pipe, and just slowly step away from it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 PM
 
36 posts, read 12,715 times
Reputation: 14
would you care to submit your choice for greatest college football player? let's not forget, on thursday, he has his chance to win his second NC. should he come back next year, which I think he will, he will have another chance to rack up even more awards. he was also the first, and only sophmore to win the heisman. sorry sammy boy, but even that red shirt you hide behind can't cover the yellow stripe down your back as you cower away from the gator defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Bradford was left off over 90 ballots, McCoy was left off over 120, Tebow was left off 150. That only says more people had Tebow 4th place than the rest of the guys. All 4 of those guys were Heisman worthy this year. You are saying there was no SE bias? come on now.

Can we please see the the video of his speech after the Ole Miss game? please? It's only been played 5 million times.

Greatest CFB player ever? The entire world will disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,430,059 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
undefeated and #6. look what ole miss did to 1 loss texas tech in texas. that one looks much worse.
Okay, now its which one looks worse. Changing the subject again.

How about undefeated team from non BCS conference written off by everyone taking the SEC powerhouse to the woodshed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:37 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,430,059 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise76 View Post
heisman finalist, heisman trophy, already 1 national championship, perhaps the best leader college football has ever seen. if they win another NC this year, and imagine another heisman and NC next year. that legacy would not be touched by ANYONE.
perhaps, if, imagine

Clearly the KEY WORDS in your attempt to go ahead and make such a claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top