U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:39 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,255,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
They dont throw a dart at the wall and say well they have the 31st hardest schedule. Sorry but facts and stats out weigh personal opinion and Utah has a tougher schedule than Bama.

You criticized Utah for playing weak teams Bama played Ark. St(6-6), Western Kentucky(2-10), Tulane (2-10). In fact Bama opponets were 83-80 if you dont include the 13-0 Utes, compare that to the 88-77 record of the Utah opponets and I think theres some logic behind Utah being 31st in SOS
Packersnut21,

Thanks for some factual information. Utah is creating controversy. That is good. Some will hold out for "The Club," perhaps not realizing who was quarterback at BAMA when the TIDE was accepted into the BCS. I believe it was Joe Namath (I may be wrong about that, but one of the really great Q Backs).

One problem Utah has had, until now, is getting some teams to want to play in the Mountain West. The elevation isn't something every team likes, except WY, CSU etc. Plus, there are long-standing commitments to some other teams. Utah has tried to add SEC and other teams and they have said no. Perhaps Coach Meyer and Coach Saban, along with Coach Crowton (former head coach at BYU) may be able to convince some teams to rethink their decisions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, facts are facts.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,377,834 times
Quote:
I would disagree with this.
Why? Wasn't the Florida-Oklahoma evidence of my point?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,695,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Why? Wasn't the Florida-Oklahoma evidence of my point?
Im leaving the teams out to avoid fighting about what team.

I think we would agree that the 14th ranked defense in the country is a pretty good defense. I think we could agree that the 9th ranked offense is a pretty good offense.

The 9th ranked offense beat the 14th ranked defense in their bowl game

Another example.

The 3rd ranked defense is a pretty good defense. the 35th ranked offense is a decent offense. However the 35th ranked offense beat the 3rd ranked defense.

A third example

The 18th ranked defense is a good defense and the 12th ranked offense is a good offense. However the 12th ranked offense beats a good defense.

Three case from this years bowl where the good offense beat the good defense.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,377,834 times
Quote:
Im leaving the teams out to avoid fighting about what team.

I think we would agree that the 14th ranked defense in the country is a pretty good defense. I think we could agree that the 9th ranked offense is a pretty good offense.

The 9th ranked offense beat the 14th ranked defense in their bowl game

Another example.

The 3rd ranked defense is a pretty good defense. the 35th ranked offense is a decent offense. However the 35th ranked offense beat the 3rd ranked defense.

A third example

The 18th ranked defense is a good defense and the 12th ranked offense is a good offense. However the 12th ranked offense beats a good defense.

Three case from this years bowl where the good offense beat the good defense.
I see your point, but in 2 of your 3 examples, one team's offense was better than the other team's defense in terms of ranking. About #35 offense beating #3 defense, which game was that? There had to be anomalies, turnovers, etc., I'm guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football