Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times

Advertisements

Here we go.

Texas Longhorns

Offense: A
Defense: A-
Special Teams: B+
Coaching: A+
Fan Support: A+
Overall: A

The Longhorns fell just short of their goal to get to the championship, but they hit a roadblock in Lubbock. Other than that, some great and exciting moments for these guys. And QB Colt McCoy will be returning for his senior season, which should propel Texas to #1 in the polls going into August. I look forward to recruiting day, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 11:38 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Since I have two favorite teams I will go with this. I am in Ohio and moving to Florida someday soon and love both the Buckeys and Gators and have for 15 years. 2006 Match up was a dream one for me.

Ohio State Buckeyes:

Offense: C+ ( lots of talent poor play calling, should have used two QBs )
Defense: B ( great talent, coaching had them always in the wrong defense )
Special Teams: B
Coaching: C ( Poor calls, poor use of talent, unable to adjust as game goes on)
Fan Support: A+++++++
Overall: B-

Florida Gators

Offense: A+
Defense: A- ( Got better as time went by, many mistakes early on )
Special Teams: B+ ( to many long returns on punts and kickoffs giving good field position )
Coaching: A++++++++
Fan Support: A+++++++

Florida Gators, this coach has the best in the country at using the talent he has for a specific purpose. Although many good coaches also have this talent, Meyer has the skills to see a talent and adapt them to what they need on the field like no other coach.

Like Meyer said, you would have to be freaking nuts to not come to Florida is you are talented.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:09 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Since I have two favorite teams I will go with this. I am in Ohio and moving to Florida someday soon and love both the Buckeys and Gators and have for 15 years. 2006 Match up was a dream one for me.
Impossible!!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Here we go.

Texas Longhorns

Offense: A
Defense: A-
Special Teams: B+
Coaching: A+
Fan Support: A+

The Longhorns fell just short of their goal to get to the championship, but they hit a roadblock in Lubbock. Other than that, some great and exciting moments for these guys. And QB Colt McCoy will be returning for his senior season, which should propel Texas to #1 in the polls going into August. I look forward to recruiting day, too.

We were top 5 in the recruiting rankings so we have some good guys coming in.

I also like that Shippley is coming back to give Colt one of his favorite WR again.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Time for the recap you have all been waiting for; a recap of the 2008 season of YOUR Purdue Boilermakers.

2008 Season
Offense: F
Defense: B+
Special Teams: C
Coaching: C
Fan Support: A-
Overall: D

Comments: When you start the season with a Heisman campaign for your senior quarterback who is close to breaking several records; you are setting yourself up for the expectation of a big season. Curtis Painter, you failed. Kory Sheets carried the offenseearly on; and the defense stepped up big time early on. The defense was competitive against Penn State and Ohio State. The running attack was there against the best competition. Curtis Painter and the passing attack was non-existant. The losses to Ohio State and Minnesota were unbearable because those were WINNABLE games if the offnese had not been so inept. The crowd at Ross-Ade was more like an angry mob every time Curtis came onto the field against Minnesota.

Closing with a 62-10 win over Indiana helps ease the pain; and saluting Joe Tiller helps as well. There is hope for the future under Danny Hope and Justin Siller. Last season was an absolute disaster for Purdue.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Clemson Tigers

This year is a tough one to grade for Clemson fans.
Offense: D - Great skill players with weak OL
Defense: B+
Special Teams: B-
Coaching: F for first half of season and A for the end = a C overall
Fan Support: A Stuck with team and rallied behind a new coach
Overall: C

Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post

Closing with a 62-10 win over Indiana helps ease the pain; and saluting Joe Tiller helps as well. There is hope for the future under Danny Hope and Justin Siller. Last season was an absolute disaster for Purdue.

I was sad to see Tillers last season not be a good one. I hoped they would make a bowl game because he was such a great coach for so long.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM

112 posts, read 716,655 times
Default Go Ducks!

Oregon Ducks

Offense: Depending on the game A- to C+

Defense: A

Special Teams: C

Coaching: A

Fan Support: A

Overall: B

Old 02-03-2009, 01:38 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,296 times
No Huskers fans on here yet...

Nebraska:

Defense: C-
Special Teams: B
Offence: B-
Coaching: A-
Fan Support: A+++++++++++

Overall: B-

Bo Pelini did well in his first year. The defense was pretty weak, though played well at Texas Tech, considering. Special Teams was decent, and the offense was OK when it wanted to be, but was too inconsistent. Nebraska fans remain, in my opinion, the best in college football. The sellout streak is near 300 games, dating back to 1962. Even during the last few, um, "less than desireable" years for the program, support has remained as strong as ever, including an attendance of over 84,000 for the 2008 game against whopper New Mexico State and the attendance record of 85,800 against Colorado in 2006.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football