U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
You could say the same thing if someone like Cincinnati wins the Big East. How is a team that got crushed by Oklahoma more deserving than UNLV if they had a miracle season?
Because Cinci would have won their CCG and also beat teams like WVU, Va Tech, Pitt, USF, Louisville etc. etc.

OU crushed TCU as well. TCU had Utah beat, plain and simple. Utah had to rely on 3 missed FG's to win. (I think 2 were inside the 30.)

Big East>MWC

Last edited by nevergoingback; 01-29-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 11:36 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,155,516 times
Thumbs up Make it the PAC 12 with Utah and BYU

It's funny how those teams/conferences that fought to be added to the BCS at different times were dismissed just like Utah and the MWC. Alabama, for example, was considered a "nothing program" when the SEC became part of the BCS. How quickly some forget......

I agree with nevergoingback's comment: "What Utah should do is join the PAC 12 along with BYU. Realignment would be better than to give the sorry *** MWC an auto bid."

BYU and Utah have asked many times to be part of the "Pac 12." It makes the most sense to me. If teams are good enough then the regional conference closest geographically could add them. Not sure where that would leave TCU as usually two universities are added at a time.

Any ideas from anyone how to get the PAC 10 to add BYU and Utah? The two schools will go together to the same conference. It's the in-state rivalry that is close to what the Iron Bowl is in 'Bama, plus regional rivalry's could develop fast. Some may say the PAC would get to big. I'd defer to the SEC and their solution of having a west and east subconference within the SEC. And they play a game for the title of the SEC, so other conferences could as well.

Can't agree with some comments that no one will play Utah or BYU. Look at the 2009 schedules. It's true that Utah and BYU had commitments to some teams for 2010 already scheduled. Also, look at those drafted from Utah in the McBride era, let alone Urban Meyer/Whittingham. Same for those drafted under Coach Edwards at BYU.

I think the easiest solution is to add Utah and BYU into the PAC.

MSR

Why doesn't anybody give CSU a chance to come back and be a contender in the MWC?

Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Not sure where that would leave TCU as usually two universities are added at a time.

:
TCU ========> replaces Baylor in Big XII.

Simple as that.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Alabama, for example, was considered a "nothing program" when the SEC became part of the BCS. How quickly some forget......

Can't agree with some comments that no one will play Utah or BYU. Look at the 2009 schedules. It's true that Utah and BYU had commitments to some teams for 2010 already scheduled. Also, look at those drafted from Utah in the McBride era, let alone Urban Meyer/Whittingham. Same for those drafted under Coach Edwards at BYU.
'Bama was never a nothing program, maybe went through some down years but never a nothing program.

OU is opening their season on a neutral site against BYU. OU, Utah, and USC are the only top 5 teams from last year that have a decent OOC. I'm glad my team steps up to the plate and at least plays Bowl teams in 3 out of 4 OOC. UF and UT should be ashamed of themselves.

Utah would have gotten crushed by the rest of the top 5, and if that game would have meant anything I think 'Bama would have at least showed up, they didn't even show up!

Every BCS conf should have 12 members and a CCG, that would make things a little easier. And no team should play in a BCS Championship Game in their Home State either.

ACC>MWC.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
TCU ========> replaces Baylor in Big XII.

Simple as that.

Baylor is going Bowling in 2009!! Heard it here first!!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:25 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,780,719 times
Quote:

Any ideas from anyone how to get the PAC 10 to add BYU and Utah? The two schools will go together to the same conference. It's the in-state rivalry that is close to what the Iron Bowl is in 'Bama, plus regional rivalry's could develop fast. Some may say the PAC would get to big. I'd defer to the SEC and their solution of having a west and east subconference within the SEC. And they play a game for the title of the SEC, so other conferences could as well.

Why doesn't anybody give CSU a chance to come back and be a contender in the MWC?

Seriously up the academics at both schools.

As for CSU, stop losing to Colorado. Losing to a program with such blah support now doesn't make a strong case.

I'll pick this back up if the talk about the MWC adding Boise and Houston sometime down the line picks up some more.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,671,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Robert Griffin does look like he is going to be a stud in the next season or so.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:05 PM

193 posts, read 471,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Maybe the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
Maybe the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.
Yes, that would be the most likely one. The Insight or Sun Bowl if they have a real good season.

7-5 would still be a miracle. I'm on the record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football