U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times

Advertisements

Our football team plays here 2 or 3 times a season.
Yeah, just 2 or 3 times in our OWN stadium.
Two games are played at Reliant in Houston and the PV/Grambling game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, and the team seems to play in the Coloseum in L.A. every year.
So I guess the alumni's too embarrased to have teams to play here. And I don't blame 'em.

I'm an architect major, and I dream everyday of changing this place. The WHOLE athletic facilities area really, but let's stick to main subject.

My proposal (I gotta get a map to make this easier):
-Keep the stadium we have now (yeah, yeah, I know, but stay with me)
-Move the softball field to the open field south of the current stadium.
-With the given space, build the new stadium, with concrete
-use current stadium for track and field, soccer(games/practice), and football practice.
-Get rid of visitor bleachers and current restrooms. Use center building for storage. Build new restrooms and concession stand. Move scoreboard to the north side (that way EVERYONE can see it).

_______________ NEW STADIUM FEATURES______________________
-Home side: Double deck (18 rows for lower deck, 10 for upper deck)
-Visitors Side: Single deck (18 rows)
-State of the art press box with brick facade
-Instal artificial grass
-ad 4 men/women restrooms (2 on each the home and visitor side).
-New concession stands to the north side of the stadium with new scoreboard on top of it.

Now that would make a good "starter set" for the new stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 04:43 PM

14,540 posts, read 22,406,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm an architect major, and I dream everyday of changing this place...
Sounds like a good plan! Can't you (and perhaps many other fields of study at that school and adjacent schools) do that for a senior project? Now where to fund it? Perhaps if you get enough schools from around the area to chip in...

Old 02-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Sounds like a good plan! Can't you (and perhaps many other fields of study at that school and adjacent schools) do that for a senior project? Now where to fund it? Perhaps if you get enough schools from around the area to chip in...
I already started a group on my facebook page.
Step one, complete.....

Also, we've had a 5th year class (two years ago, I think) that did a project like this. There were two posters by students that I loved the most.
One of 'em had a brick facade with a building on the south side. The building had luxury boxes, a place for the alumni, locker rooms, and I think a cafe.
That's just a little more than what most of us our askin for.
The second poster was a basic, Division FCS stadium. There were press boxes on both sides and both sides had two decks, and it kinda had the same level layout Edward Jones Dome has.
Just about perfect for us. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it had a track, and I would want to keep the old stadium for track and field events.

I'm thinkin, maybe make it a November ballot proposal? That seems a little latter than sooner, but it's my #1 idea.
There are PLENTY of ideas around here. The way I see it, all we need is support.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:19 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
Wow...probably has a fair amount to do with the teams lack of success (except the last couple years). There isnt a reason a college that close to a major city shouldnt have a stadium thats better than a second rate high school stadium. A small upgrade in facilities would do a number for recruiting.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:17 PM

Here's the space for the new stadium (once the softball field is moved).

Old 02-13-2009, 12:28 PM

18,627 posts, read 27,042,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Damn, I've seen high school football stadiums that are better than that. Is the basketball facility this bad too?
What makes it even worse is that there are high school stadiums in Texas alone that would put this to shame. I can think of the Cypress Stadium or the Waco ISD stadium. PV has gotten better the past few years and had one of it's best seasons this past year. So if PV continues to improve, who knows.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
What makes it even worse is that there are high school stadiums in Texas alone that would put this to shame. I can think of the Cypress Stadium or the Waco ISD stadium. PV has gotten better the past few years and had one of it's best seasons this past year. So if PV continues to improve, who knows.
My high school's stadium is better, and it's actually smaller than PV's. At least it had feild turf.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:39 PM

137 posts, read 259,296 times
I wouldn't let a Pop Warner team play in that dump. Sad and depressing. No wonder P.V. A&M is among the worst every year. I'd hate to be the recruiter giving a tour and showing off the "facilities", instead I'd probably focus on the all time records. "Hey kid, you could potentially be #1 in all categories!"

Old 02-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger15 View Post
I wouldn't let a Pop Warner team play in that dump. Sad and depressing. No wonder P.V. A&M is among the worst every year. I'd hate to be the recruiter giving a tour and showing off the "facilities", instead I'd probably focus on the all time records. "Hey kid, you could potentially be #1 in all categories!"

You know, I should be mad because it's my school yer talkin about.... but sadly, your right. It's pathetic how we just had our first back to back winning season in like 3 decades, but it's even worse when you see what our team has to play in.

Do you know that every sport program we have has to do their weight workouts in the basement of the basketball arena..... It's true, folks! We don't even have a decent WORKOUT facility.
But there's some good news about that. There was an add in our newspaper that showed that we might be gettin' a new facility just for that.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:40 PM

137 posts, read 259,296 times
I'm not trying to offend anyone, just offering up my opinion. And I hope you do get that new facility.

But, if you don't want me, or others, remarking in a derogatory manner, maybe you shouldn't post those pics and start this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football