U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,185,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger15 View Post
I'm not trying to offend anyone, just offering up my opinion. And I hope you do get that new facility.

But, if you don't want me, or others, remarking in a derogatory manner, maybe you shouldn't post those pics and start this thread!

What do you mean.... I wasn't offended. I was actually AGREEING with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 AM

137 posts, read 259,400 times
You're right, my bad. A new workout facility is nice. Could improvements to the stadium be next?!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger15 View Post
You're right, my bad. A new workout facility is nice. Could improvements to the stadium be next?!
The workout facility hasn't been finalized... it's still in the air. They haven't found a site for it.... but I have.

As for the stadium, the only way they could improve it (and keep the football team playing there) is do a complete makeover. And that's not gonna happen.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 5,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Folks, I'd like to introduce you to the worst football stadium in America....

Prairie View A&M's Blackshear Stadium (or Field.... scoreboard and press box have different titles)

Take a look at our beautiful, state of the art workout facility.....

I didn't photoshop this, there is actually barbed wire on the fence of the home side

The trailer concssion stands.....

When there are leaves on this tree, there is no scoreboard to see....

That's not a pile of wood you're seeing.... that's the old visitor side, which used to be the home side back in the 60's. It's actually sunken in the middle.

These are the ONLY restrooms we have. The men's restrooms have no urinals. 5 's

A close up on the visiors side. It's made of old wood boards and rusted metal. There are no stairs, so you have to crawl over people to get a seat. Of course, there would have to be alot of people in order for you to crawl over them, but that doesn't happen very often. Not at THIS stadium. 10 's

Just pathetic. The only thing they did to this press box was repaint it. WOW! What an improvement! 100's and a .
There are also no locker rooms. The players have to walk to the basketball gym, instead. This place isn't even high school worthy.

WORST.... STADIUM.... EVER!!!

Goshh!!!!! what a bad Stadium

Old 03-08-2009, 05:24 PM

NEWS:

Just 2 weeks ago, there was a vote on raising the athletic fees....

Of course, the students voted no.

Part of it would have went to new facilities (including the stadium), but that would have taken years....

Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM

1,804 posts, read 3,697,936 times
Its PV yall suck, sorry my uncle Coach Sapenter was there, sorry PV is horrible.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Its PV yall suck, sorry my uncle Coach Sapenter was there, sorry PV is horrible.
Horrible in what, exactly?

'Cause if your talkin about the athletic facilities then ok. But what do you mean?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 AM

550 posts, read 1,094,034 times
I've never played on a field with a real scoreboad :P but here in sweden american football is a low-priority sport...

Old 04-02-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
I've never played on a field with a real scoreboad :P but here in sweden american football is a low-priority sport...
Well I don't have to tell you that it's the exact opposite here in the states.

Our soccer field is just a field with a couple of risers....

Old 04-03-2009, 01:21 PM

546 posts, read 1,923,451 times
That is a sad "stadium". It's more like a neglected track with unmanicured lawn in the middle. I think the ITT football stadium is better than that sad piece of field. Why don't they just play in a public park, it would probably be better for the morale of the team. Holy cow that is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football