Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:03 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,901 times

Advertisements

The SEC has won the last 3 BCS titles, 4 of the last 6, and 5 of 11 since the series' inception in 1998. Who will the media tout as the best conference this year? Last year it was the Big 12. In the two prior years it was the Big 10. Who will it be this year? The Pac 10? The Big East? The suspense is killing me. We know it sure as heck won't be the SEC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
the gators will repeat. SEC.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:25 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
the gators will repeat. SEC.

Not if the the team from the Big XII, who was the best last year and should have played the gators, has anything to say about it.

Tebow vs Colt for the title, well will be underdogs just like in 06 and once again our QB will take down the media darling.

HOOK'EM

Old 07-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Not if the the team from the Big XII, who was the best last year and should have played the gators, has anything to say about it.

Tebow vs Colt for the title, well will be underdogs just like in 06 and once again our QB will take down the media darling.

HOOK'EM
no way. I think either oklahoma or texas will play for it though. the red river shootout will be a big game this year. the winner should play florida. I think both texas and ok are good teams, but florida returned every starter on defense. their defense was good last year. this year they are going to be absurd. they also added one of the best linebackers.

florida the media darling? not a chance. tebow yes, but the gators? all last year the media said the big 12 south was the greatest conference, and had all the best teams. texas was the only team from the conference that won their bowl game. so after hearing that the big 12 was the best the second half of last year (they said the SEC was the best the 1st half), the gators win the NC, and we hear the media talk about how USC is the best. if anything, florida gets no respect.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
no way. I think either oklahoma or texas will play for it though. the red river shootout will be a big game this year. the winner should play florida. I think both texas and ok are good teams, but florida returned every starter on defense. their defense was good last year. this year they are going to be absurd. they also added one of the best linebackers.

florida the media darling? not a chance. tebow yes, but the gators? all last year the media said the big 12 south was the greatest conference, and had all the best teams. texas was the only team from the conference that won their bowl game. so after hearing that the big 12 was the best the second half of last year (they said the SEC was the best the 1st half), the gators win the NC, and we hear the media talk about how USC is the best. if anything, florida gets no respect.

Okay Florida as a team may not get as much attention as Tebow but the obsession the media has with him is beyond crazy.

I like people saying well Texas is good but can't knock off the team to beat in Florida. Yup Florida beat OU last year and held them to 14 points. However, Texas also beat OU and put up 45 on them not 24 like Florida. I hear over and over well a good defense beats a good offense well stats show Ohio St had the 14th best defense. Well Texas put up close to 500 yards of total offense on them.

Keep saying Texas is good but not good enough, I can't wait til we met Tebow and the Gators.

HOOK'EM

Old 07-19-2009, 08:22 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
the red river shootout will be a big game this year. the winner should play florida.
The bigger game for tejas will be in stoolwater.

Even if they pull a miracle and win in Dallas, they'll trip up somewhere else. mark it. ooc will hurt them once again.

Don't forget that colt boy is 1-2 against aggie. Can he muster a .500? heh. We'll see.

re the op, SEC owns the most crystal this decade. The Nineties were a tossup.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Okay Florida as a team may not get as much attention as Tebow but the obsession the media has with him is beyond crazy.

I like people saying well Texas is good but can't knock off the team to beat in Florida. Yup Florida beat OU last year and held them to 14 points. However, Texas also beat OU and put up 45 on them not 24 like Florida. I hear over and over well a good defense beats a good offense well stats show Ohio St had the 14th best defense. Well Texas put up close to 500 yards of total offense on them.

Keep saying Texas is good but not good enough, I can't wait til we met Tebow and the Gators.

HOOK'EM

well tebow has 2 national championships, and a heisman, plus he stayed in school for his senior year. he is going to get a lot of attention. saying that the media has an obsession with him is like saying that they have one with tiger woods. he wins the big game, and has the hardware.

thank you for telling me how many points texas put up against oklahoma, but you left out an important stat. you neglected to mention the 35 points and 435 yards of offense they gave up. also, the last second win against SEC whipping boy ohio state isn't impressive. if the win over ohio state was impressive, then texas techs win over texas was incredible.

florida runs the ball and plays defense. texas passes the ball and sleeps on defense. the gators go undefeated this year and repeat, and that class of seniors goes down as the best in college football history.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:

HOOK'EM

I wonder what hitler's take on all this is.

YouTube - Hitler Reacts to Tebow's Decision

Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
the gators go undefeated this year and repeat, and that class of seniors goes down as the best in college football history.

Can't wait til we meet them in January and all the Tebow fans, who are used to beating the OU's of the Big XII face up against a team that's shows up for it's bowl games. Hey USC was all world on paper vs Texas in 06 Rose Bowl, what happened there I forget.............

HOOK'EM

Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Big East is overhyped every year. They have exposure to big northeast media markets, so obviously the media wants to portray them as legitimate.

SEC and Big 12 have typically had the opposite problem, since the Deep South and Great Plains aren't exactly full of coveted media markets.

There's potential for more $$$$ in the Big Ten, Pac 10, Big East, and ACC, so that's where the hype is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football