U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-05-2009, 09:28 AM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,768 times
Reputation: 668

Advertisements

I once heard that texas fans are the worst, but that was from a sooner fan, so I don't know how much water it holds. in my opinion, ohio state fans are the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Did you even have to ask that question to know the answer?

It is hilarious to see some of these so called "die-hard" Horns fans here in Austin that pop off ignorantly. Most of them did not go to UT and have no respect and frankly, no knowledge about other conferences and teams. So many of them believe UT is the beginning and end of college football. I understand supporting your team, but not blindly. Many of the UT graduates I know laugh that they are so rabid. I have found the UT fans/grads are completely respectful to other conferences. Yeah, they seem to realize the Big 10 seems down, but after that scare in the Fiesta Bowl against OSU, they gave them props.

It's cool tough, I like the Longhorns and think the school is great. My girlfriend is a UT grad and I'm sure our kids will look to be lil' Longhorns...only if they do not get accepted to Oregon.

Let the flame of the Ducks, Pac-10, West/Left Coast, Hippies, tofu, The Goonies, Nike...commence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,671,070 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Did you even have to ask that question to know the answer?

It is hilarious to see some of these so called "die-hard" Horns fans here in Austin that pop off ignorantly. Most of them did not go to UT and have no respect and frankly, no knowledge about other conferences and teams.

So to be considered a true fan you have to pay tuition to go to the school? BS, if that were true I would imagine the stands in the stadiums would not be half full. I hardly think paying 12K a year for tuition makes you more of a fan than some one who never went to UT but loves the team. It really is a stupid argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,017,575 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So to be considered a true fan you have to pay tuition to go to the school? BS, if that were true I would imagine the stands in the stadiums would not be half full. I hardly think paying 12K a year for tuition makes you more of a fan than some one who never went to UT but loves the team. It really is a stupid argument.
Read my statement and find where it said you have to go to the school to be a "true fan?" It didn't. I stated that it has been humorous to see so called die-hard fans "pop off ignorantly." From what I have observed here in Austin, and from what my friends and colleagues have said, many of these die-hard that say stupid s**t about other colleges and conferences never even went to that d**n school and do not know s**t.

I can care less if people went to UT or any other college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,671,070 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Read my statement and find where it said you have to go to the school to be a "true fan?" It didn't. I stated that it has been humorous to see so called die-hard fans "pop off ignorantly." From what I have observed here in Austin, and from what my friends and colleagues have said, many of these die-hard that say stupid s**t about other colleges and conferences never even went to that d**n school and do not know s**t.

I can care less if people went to UT or any other college.

Ahh, so no other college in the country has fans that say stupid things? I believe thats a generalization, as I know Ohio St fans who are some of the worst in the country. Also, as I stated before, living in SEC country there is arrogance and clueless about any conference other than the SEC.

Could there be a better example than in this very thread. As Nevergoingback pointed out UT vs OU is a Nationally televised game that gets covered pretty thoroughly. Yet, even though it was in their top 3 rivalries they didn't know it was in the Cotton Bowl? I guess it's nationally televised execpt in the greater Philly area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,017,575 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Ahh, so no other college in the country has fans that say stupid things? I believe thats a generalization, as I know Ohio St fans who are some of the worst in the country. Also, as I stated before, living in SEC country there is arrogance and clueless about any conference other than the SEC.

Could there be a better example than in this very thread. As Nevergoingback pointed out UT vs OU is a Nationally televised game that gets covered pretty thoroughly. Yet, even though it was in their top 3 rivalries they didn't know it was in the Cotton Bowl? I guess it's nationally televised execpt in the greater Philly area.
I agree that there are plenty of fans that say silly things. Heck, I would rank the Oregon Duck fans as some of the worse...especially some of the stuff they do to Washingon Huskies fans. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the thread about the Top 3 rivalries you would want to see? Sure, the RRS gets a lot of coverage, but it is only UT-OU for most of the people in the U.S. Some may not pay attention to where it is located. The rivalry is not covered as intensively as here in Austin or Norman. So, I'm not overly surprised that JHG didn't know where the game was played, or maybe just didn't care where the game is played. I do think he is still an actual college football fan though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
 
342 posts, read 612,429 times
Reputation: 133
texas always play down to the level of their oppenent in big games, like for example when they play osu for the first time with vince young, as good as that game was texas shouldve blown them out. then in the 2005 rose bowl against michigan they beat them on a last second feild goal and that game shouldve been a route too and so shouldve the most recent game against osu they shouldve ran them out of the stadium. one thing about mack brown i dont like is hes too conservative in big games, if they woudlve stayed with the no huddle offense against osu in the 2009 bowl they wouldve killed them. because everyone seen how tired the defense was getting and making crucial mistakes. the only time they play their normal style of play is when they play against ou they give it their all against them. texas fans arent bad as sec fans those fans are arrogant and norte dame fans are worse, so please dont jump on texas, and trust if texas had culinary arts their i would be their.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,671,070 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
The rivalry is not covered as intensively as here in Austin or Norman. So, I'm not overly surprised that JHG didn't know where the game was played, or maybe just didn't care where the game is played. I do think he is still an actual college football fan though.

It just strikes me if you say your a "hardcore" college football fan you would know this.

Anyway I don't want to keep taking this thread off topic.

Last edited by Packersnut21; 05-05-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 04:16 PM
 
342 posts, read 612,429 times
Reputation: 133
Well i m just excited college football is getting a day closer, I hoping for a texas vs fla showdown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times
Reputation: 9577
May is almost over which means we are just about less than 3 months until the start of college football. I didn't attend Texas but I am a diehard fan and have been one since seeing them lost to Miami 46-3 in the 1990 Cotton Bowl. I liked Texas simply because it's Texas. Not Texas this or Texas such and such. No disrespect to the other teams.

I really want to attend a Texas/OU game one day.
But I also want to attend Michigan/Ohio State and Auburn/Alabama. Honorable Mention to Florida State/Miami when those two are good again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Alabama!
5,849 posts, read 15,938,946 times
Reputation: 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I also want to attend...(an) Auburn/Alabama (game).
It's possible. Be prepared to spend quite a few hundred dollars on a ticket. Just check eBay or Stub Hub in August, when the tickets go out to alumni donors/athletic supporters.
As Killer Baez says...."Save up!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top