U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 04:51 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,679,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
WOW!! 4 times in 15 years, that is stellar!! So we can both agree that the all time records aren't that big of deal. LOL

Yeah, funny thing *texas* has won 3 of the last 4 against OU, but OU has won 3 (in a row) of the last 4 Big 12 Championships, I'll take it, LOL.

I still think Bob is maybe two games up on *mack* though.

response from pnut21 or spade in 4...3...2...

Hey I think the Big XII championship should be between the two best teams in the conference. The South has been head and shoulders above the North for a while now and I don't think it's fair that the better team doesn't get a shot to win the conference. Of course I'm only complaining because my team got screwed last year, but hey.

As far as coaches, I would say both are damn good coaches no doubt. I will of course go with Mack who is 115-26 at Texas over stoops who is 109-24 at OU.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 05:07 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,862,137 times
wow that didn't take long.

Bob leads in the rivalry and has 6 conf titles in 9 years as a HC.

How many conf titles does *mack* have in his 24 some odd years as a head coach? 1???? That can't be right, 1 in 24 years you say!!!??? nooooooo!!

Ouch. Thats gotta hurt. sorry man, vincent is gone, you're doomed.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
wow that didn't take long.

Bob leads in the rivalry and has 6 conf titles in 9 years as a HC.

How many conf titles does *mack* have in his 24 some odd years as a head coach? 1???? That can't be right, 1 in 24 years you say!!!??? nooooooo!!

Ouch. Thats gotta hurt. sorry man, vincent is gone, you're doomed.

I think Colt will prove to be just as great of a Texas QB as Vince was, especially when he adds another National Championship for us this year

Yea Stoops has more Conference Titles than Mack, but how about when it counts, when both teams are able to play, in the Bowl Games

Stoops is 4-6 in Bowl Games at OU, losing the last 3 bowl games
Mack is 8-3 in bowls at Texas, winning his past 5 bowl games

Old 06-12-2009, 07:24 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,023,411 times
Quote:
WOW!! 4 times in 15 years, that is stellar!! So we can both agree that the all time records aren't that big of deal. LOL

Yeah, funny thing *texas* has won 3 of the last 4 against OU, but OU has won 3 (in a row) of the last 4 Big 12 Championships, I'll take it, LOL.

I still think Bob is maybe two games up on *mack* though.

response from pnut21 or spade in 4...3...2...
Hey, at least I can admit we were bad for 3 decades. Oklahoma has been owned by Texas, pure and simple. I also realize we do not have the tradition as other programs, including OU and UT, but we are on the rise. Know one cares about Big XII Championships besides Big XII people. When I think about the BIg XII, I think Texas. Sorry BCS losers.

Oh yes, I know. Here is your response. " At least we have won a championship and been to a BCS championship."

Right?

Well, we all know Dennis Dixon and Jonathan Stewart would have schooled that lazy a$$ LSU team.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Oh yes, I know. Here is your response. " At least we have won 7 National Championships and been to 4 BCS championships."
Fixed that for ya.

Funny you think of *texas*, ahh that's sweet. Since the Big 12 orginated, OU is 7-6 over *texas*. Yeah, you're right, 6 Big 12 championships in 13 years don't mean much.

UO didn't even win their conf. in 02-03, but you guys would beat LSU, heck, you couldn't even beat OU without flatout cheating, give me a break.

You gotta win your conf if you want to play for the crystal FB (most of the time LOL)

Nice linky here guys, check it out.
Counting down college football's most prestigious programs (1-5) - ESPN

Old 06-13-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:

Oh come on with that. ESPN are the same morons who decided they could change Titletown from Green Bay to some town in Georgia.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,023,411 times
Quote:
Fixed that for ya.

Funny you think of *texas*, ahh that's sweet. Since the Big 12 orginated, OU is 7-6 over *texas*. Yeah, you're right, 6 Big 12 championships in 13 years don't mean much.

UO didn't even win their conf. in 02-03, but you guys would beat LSU, heck, you couldn't even beat OU without flatout cheating, give me a break.

You gotta win your conf if you want to play for the crystal FB (most of the time LOL)

Nice linky here guys, check it out.
Counting down college football's most prestigious programs (1-5) - ESPN
Yeah, let's talk about cheating...naw, let's not. Oklahoma is the epitome of a clean program.

A Timeline of Oklahoma Cheating | BrianCombs.net

I'll pretend you didn't bring up the "you guys cheat" excuse for the Oregon lost. Your lame a$$ president made you look foolish enough. I'm not even going to state that Oregon statistically beat down OU with over 500 yards, had 4 turnovers, and Oklahoma benefited from a blown call too...and this from a Duck team that lost 5 games. I'm not going to talk about it because I'm not into whining and looking silly.

I'm going to leave these links that some other guy who whined and posted, but it does shows how bad the officials were. They even "cheated and helped out...Oklahoma."

YouTube - Bad officiating #5 - bad spot by refs gives OU 4 extra points

YouTube - bad officiating #1 in the Oklahoma-Oregon 9/16/2006 game - Stewart "fumble"

YouTube - Bad officiating #2 and #3 on the same play in the 9/16/2006 Oklahoma-Oregon game

So, you are right. Those darn refs cheated!!!

Oh, and the 2007 team of Oregon was cruising to the NC until Dixon went down...but didn't quite work out. But, hey, at least the Ducks can close the deal when they do get to the BCS. They killed Colorado 38-16. That's 1-0.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Oh come on with that. ESPN are the same morons who decided they could change Titletown from Green Bay to some town in Georgia.
You know it killed those guys when OU's name came up, we get no love from them. I can't stand ESPN.

In this case though, you can't argue with them.

"When you look at the big picture of college football since 1936, no program has achieved greatness as consistently as Oklahoma. We didn't even count the fact that Oklahoma owns the longest win streak in FBS history (47) or leads the nation with a .765 winning percentage since World War II."

For Acuda,

"But the real fuel for OU's rise to the top of our rankings has been its conference dominance. The Sooners finished the regular season with at least a share of their conference's best record a stunning 39 times, seven more than any other program in the country."

Old 06-14-2009, 01:01 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,478,186 times
Texas vs Oklahoma

Auburn vs Alabama

Ohio St vs Michigan

Old 06-16-2009, 01:59 AM

14,283 posts, read 24,068,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Hey I think the Big XII championship should be between the two best teams in the conference. The South has been head and shoulders above the North for a while now and I don't think it's fair that the better team doesn't get a shot to win the conference. Of course I'm only complaining because my team got screwed last year, but hey.
How do you judge which teams are best when the teams are not playing all members in the conference?

Why not play a FULL eleven game conference schedule as opposed to scheduling Div-1AA cupcakes? Or Sunbelt teams?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football