U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,301,938 times

Advertisements

Georgia Tech vs. Georgia..."Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate"

Texas vs. Oklahoma...I was in Dallas one time on that weekend - it was a crazy environment

Michigan vs. Applalachian State..."The Embarassment Bowl"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,279,950 times
People typically think their local rivalry is the most intense. I'm no different. However..

When fans of your respective schools begin killing one another, then I will concede that Carolina-Clemson may not be the most intense rivalry.

Man Kills Friend Over $20 Bet On Clemson-South Carolina Game - The Sports Truth

and for good measure, you can't forget the brawls

Last edited by le roi; 06-23-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,023,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
People typically think their local rivalry is the most intense. I'm no different. However..

When fans of your respective schools begin killing one another, then I will concede that Carolina-Clemson may not be the most intense rivalry.

Man Kills Friend Over $20 Bet On Clemson-South Carolina Game - The Sports Truth

and for good measure, you can't forget the brawls

Yeah, you guys don't like each other much.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 PM

556 posts, read 1,394,545 times
Ohio/Michigan - I'm an avid OSU fan (yeah, booooooo) and love to see OSU beat Michigan year after year
USC/UCLA - Not a fan of either, but man, they are both very exciting teams.
Auburn/Alabama - All I can say is......ROLL TIDE!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,612,290 times
Tennessee vs. Penn State at Beaver Stadium so the Vols have a large audience like at home; Notre Dame vs Pittsburgh at Pitts new stadium and...Florida vs Ohio State at the Horseshoe.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 PM

4 posts, read 5,999 times
Oklahoma/Texas
Florida/Georgia
Nebraska/Oklahoma or Texas (when the Huskers are completely back)

Old 09-28-2009, 12:55 PM

7,249 posts, read 8,256,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post
Ohio/Michigan - I'm an avid OSU fan (yeah, booooooo) and love to see OSU beat Michigan year after year
USC/UCLA - Not a fan of either, but man, they are both very exciting teams.
Auburn/Alabama - All I can say is......ROLL TIDE!
That's another one I'd like to go too. I remember hearing a story about an Auburn fan who was a minister who sat near some Alabama fans. The 'Bama fans were giving the Preacher all kinds of hell, then the preacher punches one of the 'Bama fans. That's pretty hardcore stuff!

Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,279,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
That's another one I'd like to go too. I remember hearing a story about an Auburn fan who was a minister who sat near some Alabama fans. The 'Bama fans were giving the Preacher all kinds of hell, then the preacher punches one of the 'Bama fans. That's pretty hardcore stuff!
Nice..

that reminds me of a story a few years ago. A church deacon/Oklahoma fan tried to rip off a Texas fan's testicles in a bar .. lol.

FOXNews.com - Texas Football Fan Nearly Castrated in Bar Fight in Oklahoma Bar - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 PM

79 posts, read 122,120 times
1) Florida-Georgia
A little biased because I'm a Gator fan, but I've never actually been to it and that's about as much hate as you're gonna see in one place.

2) West Virginia-Marshall
Even though the series is comically lopsided, this rivalry has always been special to me because I was born in West Virginia and my dad went to Marshall. You'd be surprised how much fire this thing still has.

3) Alabama-Auburn
I feel this is the most intense rivalry in college football. And it's in the SEC. What more could you ask for?

Old 09-28-2009, 02:06 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,754,169 times
-Texas vs Oklahoma- I've always wanted to see this one in person. I think it's the best game in college football every year. I would root for UT all the way.
-Texas vs Texas A&M- their hatred for each other is truly staggering so it's usually a good game. I'd want to see it in College Station because I've never been to that stadium.
-Notre Dame vs. Michigan-always a good game and I would root for the Irish so I would want to enjoy it with the home crowd in South Bend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football