U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 PM

7,259 posts, read 8,260,225 times

Advertisements

I've been meaning to ask this ?, but never got around to doing it.

Let's say you are given the chance to go to any 3 college rivalry games, that you have never been to, of your choice. Which 3 would you attend, which stadium would you prefer, and briefly state why you would choose the ones you chose.

Clemson-South Carolina: I live within an hour of both these schools, it's amazing to me how much these two programs and their fans really hate each other, and it doesn't stop with the athletic programs either. Plus, these two have played some very close games recently.
(I'd give the nod probably to Clemson's Memorial Stadium, feel what Death Valley feels like.)

Georgia-Florida: The "celebration" incident from 2007 has sparked my attention to this match-up, I hear the tailgating and parties before and after are a must-go as well.
(Neutral field)

Texas-Texas A&M: While NCST will always be my #1, I've found myself rooting for the Longhorns recently. I got to visit Austin a few years back and saw the Stadium they play in. Plus, just overall football in the state of Texas just seems different than any where else. Oh and it occurs during the Thanksgiving week, so there's sure to be plenty of good food and fun.
(Tough call, but I'd go with Kyle Field, mostly just to say I've been there)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,679,701 times
Great topic.

There are alot of games I would love to see, so three is going to be tough.

#1. OU vs Texas. I have been to a number of Texas games but never to the Red River Shootout/Rivalry. I would love to get something fried then watch what would sure to be a heck of a game.

#2 Army vs Navy.I have friends who have been ad say it's something you need to see. While not the best teams in the country I think this goes beyond the football field. Nothing else like it when after the game each team goes over and has their song played, amazing on TV cant imagine in person

#3 Ohio St vs Michigan. I lived in Michigan for a bit and saw the hatred for Ohio St in my friends. I know some Ohio St. fans (UGH) and see their hatred for Michigan. It would be awesome to get a ticket to the big house and see this game.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,399,473 times
USC vs UCLA

Miami vs Florida whenever they play each other again

Nebraska vs Oklahoma, when Nebraska becomes competitive again

if Penn State and Rutgers are both good, I would like to see a game between the two

Old 03-31-2009, 12:05 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,865,195 times
Only one I would care to see
Florida vs. Tennessee @ Neyland Stadium, it's so much sweeter when the Vols get there National Title and SEC Champ hopes squashed right in front of the home crowd.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:21 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,862,672 times
Well as far as I know there is only one real CFB rivalry, The Red River Shootout (now it's called the Red River Rivalry). Everything else is just Football.

Well you know my #1. I would rather see it at Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium instead of Dallas where it has been played since 1912, screw going to a "neutral" field in Texas every year.

#2 USC-UCLA. At the Rose Bowl of course, been there once for an Olympic futbol game, would love to see a college football game there.

#3 I guess it would have to be tOSU vs UM at the Big House of course.

Ducks at the Beavers would be a close 4th.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 03-31-2009 at 05:40 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 AM

1,561 posts, read 1,103,660 times
1. Texas-OU I live in the Dallas area but have yet to be able to score tickets to the Red River Shootout.

2. Alabama-Auburn Every bit as fierce as UT-OU but with much less fanfare.

3. Oregon-Oregon State See above.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 AM

45 posts, read 194,103 times
Ohio State vs Michigan in the big house

Auburn vs Alabama

Florida vs Georgia

Old 04-17-2009, 11:29 PM

137 posts, read 259,707 times
Iron Bowl, Florida St.-Miami and UCLA-USC. And the only team I even remotely like amongst those 6 is UCLA. But 3 kick ass games.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:37 AM

887 posts, read 2,672,266 times
LSU - Florida at LSU. (going down this season, night game as well--wouldn't miss it for the world)

Alabama - Auburn is ridiculous as well.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:40 PM

2,021 posts, read 2,022,142 times
1. USC/UCLA
2. Ohio State/Mich
3. Texas/Oklahoma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football