U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Wow, pretty tough OOC schedule there packersnut.

Don't slip up in Stillwater or we could see the same thing happen as last year except insert OSU where TT was at. That would be great wouldn't it. It would be funny to see texas* fans heads explode!!

A weak OOC schedule is gonna hurt you guys... again.
OOC doesn't really matter when you undefeated. Texas is going to have one big chip on our shoulder this season and I can't wait to get it going
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 11:17 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,198,481 times
2009 South Carolina gamecocks schedule

@ NC State W
@ Georgia L
Florida Atlantic W
Ole Miss L
SC State W
Kentucky W
@Alabama W
Vanderbilt W
@Tennessee W
@Arkansas W
Florida L
Clemson W

Being optimistic, I predict 9-3, 3rd in SEC East, big upset wins over Clemson and Alabama.
In reality, the Clemson, Arkansas, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Georgia, and NC State games are all toss-ups.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:56 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,816,959 times
I see BSU V Oregon first week as a huge matchup, sure it would be good to have it maybe week 2-3 but I just can't wait for this game.

A very good BSU team going up against an equally good Oregon team, this game is a must win for both teams.

I really hope this game gets the coverage it deserves.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:44 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I see BSU V Oregon first week as a huge matchup, sure it would be good to have it maybe week 2-3 but I just can't wait for this game.

A very good BSU team going up against an equally good Oregon team, this game is a must win for both teams.

I really hope this game gets the coverage it deserves.
It will be on ESPN on a Thurday night.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:03 PM

977 posts, read 1,629,032 times
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Florida Atlantic - W
Arkansas State - W
@ Virginia Tech - W
LA-Lafayette - W
@ Missouri - W
Texas Tech - W
Iowa State - W
@ Baylor - W
Oklahoma - L
@ Kansas - W
Kansas State - W
@ Colorado - L

The Huskers are improving, but are still not where they used to be. I think a powder-puff OOC schedule, leftover from the Pederson era, and a 7:5 home:away ratio will help their record this year. They will go to Blacksburg and payback the Hokies for the loss in Lincoln last year. With Chase Daniel and Jeremy Maclin gone from Missouri, order will be restored in that series. The game at Baylor will be closer than expected, as the Baylor program is also improving. Unfortunately, the Huskers are still not robust enough to beat Oklahoma, even at home. I predict they will also falter in the Thanksgiving rivalry game at Colorado. Will probably go to the Big12 championship game against either Oklahoma or Texas, and lose that one as well. 10-3 on a 2-game losing streak into bowl season...should end up in a medium-importance bowl like the Holiday or Alamo. Hard to predict that one this early since I have no idea what team or conference they will play, but I will predict a win there too. 11-3 in Bo Pelini's second year.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,959,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Sorry matty, BSU is going to lose at Tulsa. It's a Wednesday game on national TV. SWEET!!

The Golden Hurricane must avenge their 2004 Homecoming loss to the Broncos!! This years game should be just as good!!

Re the OP, I predict my team goes 14-0, just as I predicted last year. This year I think we have an even better chance!! (Ended up 12-2).

Booooomer!!

You a Tulsa fan? If so one of those 2 loses last year was to my alma mater

Old 04-30-2009, 11:36 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
You a Tulsa fan? If so one of those 2 loses last year was to my alma mater
Sooners Fan 1st, TU fan 2nd. I'm guessing from your screen name you are talking about the CCG against ECU? Man was that a rough day for Tulsa. We looked good in the GMAC Bowl against BG though

Old 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,403,660 times
Temple Owls
MAC
Philadelphia

Villanova W
at Penn State L We'll beat them eventually
Buffalo W (finally)
Eastern Michigan W
Ball State L
Army W
Toledo W
Navy W
Miami (OH) W
at Akron L
Kent State W
at Ohio L

We go 8-4 for our first winning season since 1990 and go Bowling!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:59 PM

2,008 posts, read 2,010,873 times
My prediction even with losing 8 starters on the defensive side is 12-1. We will lose our one annual game to a Pac-10 opponet, but win the rest of our games including the Ohio State and Notre Dame games and the BCS bowl game. We'll end up in the top 3 or 4, but again wont go to the BCS title game because of strentgh of schedule.

Here's the USC football schedule for 2009:

Sept. 5 San Jose State
Sept. 12 @ Ohio State
Sept. 19 @ Washington
Sept. 26 Washington State
Oct. 3 @ California
Oct. 10 Arizona
Oct. 17 @ Notre Dame
Oct. 24 Oregon State
Oct. 31 @ Oregon
Nov. 7 @ Arizona State
Nov. 14 Stanford
Nov. 28 UCLA

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 05-05-2009 at 01:13 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
My prediction even with losing 8 starters on the defensive side is 12-1. We will lose our one annual game to the Oregon Ducks, but win the rest of our games including the Ohio State and Notre Dame games and the BCS bowl game. We'll end up in the top 3 or 4, but again wont go to the BCS title game because of strentgh of schedule.

Here's the USC football schedule for 2009:

Sept. 5 San Jose State
Sept. 12 @ Ohio State
Sept. 19 @ Washington
Sept. 26 Washington State
Oct. 3 @ California
Oct. 10 Arizona
Oct. 17 @ Notre Dame
Oct. 24 Oregon State
Oct. 31 @ Oregon- LOSS!!!
Nov. 7 @ Arizona State
Nov. 14 Stanford
Nov. 28 UCLA
Fixed that for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football