U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,060,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Wow, pretty tough OOC schedule there packersnut.

Don't slip up in Stillwater or we could see the same thing happen as last year except insert OSU where TT was at. That would be great wouldn't it. It would be funny to see texas* fans heads explode!!

A weak OOC schedule is gonna hurt you guys... again.
Not Texas fault. They had Utah and Arkansas on the schedule but Utah backed out a couple years ago and Arkansas backed out because they play Texas A&M for the next few years. Texas had to scramble to get other teams to play at the last minute.

I think Texas could have a 2005 type of season but the biggest games are on October 17 and October 31. The game on halloween will be extremely difficult. OSU offense will be great. But their defense may be their downfall. So the only chance they have is to outscore Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 AM

551 posts, read 1,723,500 times
Oklahoma 14-0. Heck, I'd even go as far as 2-12. With the two guaranteed wins being against---obviously---OSU and Texas. Sooner!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:15 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,989,654 times
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Cincinnati - LOSS
Howard - WIN
Florida Internation - WIN
@ Maryland - PUSH
Texas Southern - WIN
Pittsburgh - WIN
@ Army - WIN
@ Connecticut - WIN
South Florida - WIN
@ Syracuse - WIN
@ Louisville - WIN
West Virginia - LOSS

This is with the homer shades on, chances are we won't only lose 2 games.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Cincinnati - LOSS
Howard - WIN
Florida Internation - WIN
@ Maryland - PUSH
Texas Southern - WIN
Pittsburgh - WIN
I@ Army - WIN
@ Connecticut - WIN
South Florida - WIN
@ Syracuse - WIN
@ Louisville - WIN
West Virginia - LOSS

This is with the homer shades on, chances are we won't only lose 2 games.
I think my Seahawks picked up Mike Teel way late in the draft. So, who is going to be RU's qb? Is he expected to be any good?

I hope Rutgers does well. Regardless, I think it is safe to say to say you'll at least beat Howard, Army, Texas Southern and Syracuse...wait, Notre Dame couldn't beat the Cuse, and ND is really good (Championship bound), so you're in trouble.

Hint: the sarcasm was directed at ND posters who actually think they are relevant today.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I think my Seahawks picked up Mike Teel way late in the draft. So, who is going to be RU's qb? Is he expected to be any good?

I hope Rutgers does well. Regardless, I think it is safe to say to say you'll at least beat Howard, Army, Texas Southern and Syracuse...wait, Notre Dame couldn't beat the Cuse, and ND is really good (Championship bound), so you're in trouble.

Hint: the sarcasm was directed at ND posters who actually think they are relevant today.
Yes I understood the gist of your post and I echo it.

Our QB is a mixed competition right now. TBH, your guess is as good as mine as to who it will be. DC Jefferson was pryed away from LSU a few years ago, I'd imagine he'd be the frontrunner. Tom Savage was a blue-chip recruit as well but he's only a true freshman. From what I've heard through the grapevine, one of the veterans (Natale, Lovelace) will start the season but a few games in Jefferson will likely take over. There is a logjam I just hope neither Jefferson or Savage transfers

Old 05-22-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yes I understood the gist of your post and I echo it.

Our QB is a mixed competition right now. TBH, your guess is as good as mine as to who it will be. DC Jefferson was pryed away from LSU a few years ago, I'd imagine he'd be the frontrunner. Tom Savage was a blue-chip recruit as well but he's only a true freshman. From what I've heard through the grapevine, one of the veterans (Natale, Lovelace) will start the season but a few games in Jefferson will likely take over. There is a logjam I just hope neither Jefferson or Savage transfers
Those are the greatest names for qbs, Savage, DC Jefferson, Lovelace.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:24 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,406,201 times
Even better is that Lovelace's first name is Jabu.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post

Old 05-23-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
And that's short for Jabulani!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football