Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times

Advertisements

School :Nevada Wolfpack
Conference:WAC

Schedule and Prediction: 11-1/12-0

@Notre Dame -Tossup
@Colorado State -Win
MISSOURI (Fri.) -Win
UNLV - Win
LOUISIANA TECH (Fri.) - Win
@ Utah State - Win
IDAHO - Win
HAWAI'I - Win
@San Jose State (Sun.) - Win
FRESNO STATE - Win
@New Mexico State - Win
@Boise State (Fri.) -Win/Tossup

Notes:
- In all honesty I see this team going at least 10-2, the two toughest games will come vs ND and of course Boise State. There's no reason why we can't go 12-0 but I just see us slipping up at least once this season.

Plus +
- We return the 3rd best running game with the return of key, yes I said key/main RB Luke Lippincott who was injured for all last season.

- Colin Kaepernick who had 2175 passing yards with 19TD's and 3INT + 1130 rushing yards with 17TDs. A genious with the ball and one of the most underrated QB's in the country.

Minus -
- We once again return the nations WORST pass defence, BUT we have recruited alright in that postion so we should of fixed that problem.

-Special Teams is where it will be won or lost, not alot of recruitment done there so time will tell.

End note:
Nevada will once again be an underdog for the WAC and an underdog to the nation. But mark my words, the WAC will not be a pushover this year and the end of season game vs BSU will be one of the games of the year (judging that BSU go undeafeated with their schedule.) Two very strong teams to come out of the WAC in 2009.

Offensively this team will be top 5 in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Sorry matty, BSU is going to lose at Tulsa. It's a Wednesday game on national TV. SWEET!!

The Golden Hurricane must avenge their 2004 Homecoming loss to the Broncos!! This years game should be just as good!!

Re the OP, I predict my team goes 14-0, just as I predicted last year. This year I think we have an even better chance!! (Ended up 12-2).

Booooomer!!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:26 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Purdue Boilermakers
Big Ten
West Lafayette, IN

09/05/09 vs. Toledo West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
09/12/09 at Oregon Eugene, Ore. TBA
09/19/09 vs. Northern Illinois West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
09/26/09 vs. Notre Dame West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
10/03/09 vs. Northwestern West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
10/10/09 at Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBA
10/17/09 vs. Ohio State West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
10/24/09 vs. Illinois West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
10/31/09 at Wisconsin Madison, Wis. TBA
11/07/09 at Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
11/14/09 vs. Michigan State West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
11/21/09 at Indiana Bloomington, Ind. TBA

I will spare the details; but if Purdue wins more than 4 games this year, it will be a success. The starting QB, Justin Siller, was kicked out of the university; and this offense is not really returning anyone of note. Danny Hope will be rebuilding this year.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:07 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Sorry matty, BSU is going to lose at Tulsa. It's a Wednesday game on national TV. SWEET!!

The Golden Hurricane must avenge their 2004 Homecoming loss to the Broncos!! This years game should be just as good!!

Re the OP, I predict my team goes 14-0, just as I predicted last year. This year I think we have an even better chance!! (Ended up 12-2).

Booooomer!!

I forgot that BSU plays Tulsa but I see BSU winning, no dobut though that will be a game I'm going to have to watch, should be a cracker of a game!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
2009 Oregon Ducks
Pac-10 "The Conference of Champions"
Eugene, Oregon

@ Boise State- WIN (Thursday night ESPN game)
This is a revenge game for the Ducks as Boise State Community College has a few dirty players that we need to pay back. Jeremiah Masoli (our qb) was knocked out early last year by an illegal late hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQnQwAVzZcE

It's cool though. We'll just have to introduce BCC's qb to TJ Ward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8-gJqzWws

Purdue- WIN
Utah- WIN
California- WIN
Washington State- WIN
@ UCLA- WIN
@ Washington Fuskies- WIN
USC- WIN
@ Stanford- WIN
Arizona State- WIN
@ Arizona- WIN
Oregon State- WIN

Well, look at that, 12-0. Now, I doubt we go undefeated. I will say we have a very difficult schedule this year. I can see us losing 2 games this year, but do not know which ones (USC until proven otherwise, and maybe Cal). I think the offense will take a bit to get going. We need to rebuild the line a little, but we have a monster rb (Legarrette Blount) and a very fast skat-back (LaMichael James). Our offense is like a diesel engine, it takes a bit to get going, but once it is, it is nearly impossible to stop. Just ask Oregon State and Oklahoma State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDU_jAcmkS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRd3j...eature=related

Last edited by Acuda; 04-14-2009 at 12:38 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
My early season teams for a spot in the NC are: Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State (they will lose to USC but the Big 10 is weak so they could still get in)

Old 04-14-2009, 05:21 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Texas

UL Monroe- Win
Wyoming- Win
Texas Tech- Can't wait to see the score put hang on them
Utep- Win
Colorado- Win
OU- Win, again
Mizzu- Win
Ok St- tough win
Central Fl- Win
Baylor- Close win
Kansas- Win
A&M- Win

Florida- Win

Texas National Champs

HOOK'EM

Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Wow, pretty tough OOC schedule there packersnut.

Don't slip up in Stillwater or we could see the same thing happen as last year except insert OSU where TT was at. That would be great wouldn't it. It would be funny to see texas* fans heads explode!!

A weak OOC schedule is gonna hurt you guys... again.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
MIAMIHURRICANES

Quote:
Mon., Sept. 7 at Florida State*
Thurs., Sept. 17 Georgia Tech*
Sat., Sept. 26 at Virginia Tech*
Sat., Oct. 3 Oklahoma
Sat., Sept. 10 Florida A&M
Sat., Oct. 17 at UCF
Sat., Oct. 24 Clemson*
Sat., Oct. 31 at Wake Forest*
Sat., Nov. 7 Virginia*
Sat., Nov. 14 at North Carolina*
Sat. Nov. 21 Duke*
Sat., Nov. 28 at USF

Really tough way to start the season - 1st 4 are brutal - QB will be the main story line this season - they've recruited a lot of OL prospects and receivers which have been under par recently - that will also be really important to their season, if these guys develop

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
the championship florida gators

Sat. Sept. 5 Charleston Southern win
Sat. Sept. 12 Troy win
Sat. Sept. 19 Tennessee destruction. lane kiffin has a big mouth
Sat. Sept. 26 at Kentucky (Lexington KY) close win
Sat. Oct. 10 at LSU (Baton Rouge LA) even closer win
Sat. Oct. 17 Arkansas (Homecoming) win
Sat. Oct. 24 at Mississippi State (Starkville MS) win
Sat. Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville FL) win
Sat. Nov. 7 Vanderbilt win
Sat. Nov. 14 at South Carolina (Columbia SC) close win
Sat. Nov. 21 Florida International win
Sat. Nov. 28 Florida State (Senior Day) win

SEC championship should be another florida win. I don't see anyone stopping florida. this upcoming year is what I like to call an "on" year for the gators. fla state at home, and tenn at home.

florida will repeat. the media was kind to the SEC at the start of the year, but then gravitated towards the big 12 south. there were some great teams last year, but florida was the best. I actually questioned my gators after utah killed alabama, but after the gators held oklahoma in check, I knew they were deserving champions. I agree with acuda that oregon will be a force this year. I also agree with packersnut that texas will be reloaded. should be a fun year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football