U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,820,108 times
Reputation: 1324

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
BSU is favored (-3 to -4.5), so it will be an upset if UO wins.

I'm pulling for BSU, and yes I do think that they will win.

And I think they will cover a -4.5.
An upset in those sorts of odds but not really an upset in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
An upset in those sorts of odds but not really an upset in reality.
I disagree. Who's reality? BSU is "supposed" to better than Oregon this year. In fact BSU is supposed to be very good this year.

BSU is ranked higher as well.

UO is for sure the underdog in that game.

I'm missing your logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,820,108 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I disagree. Who's reality? BSU is "supposed" to better than Oregon this year. In fact BSU is supposed to be very good this year.

BSU is ranked higher as well.

I'm missing your logic.

I don't see it as an upset, when you look at the two teams in great detail BSU winning is not what you would consider an upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I don't see it as an upset, when you look at the two teams in great detail BSU winning is not what you would consider an upset.
Thats what I'm saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,820,108 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I disagree. Who's reality? BSU is "supposed" to better than Oregon this year. In fact BSU is supposed to be very good this year.

BSU is ranked higher as well.

UO is for sure the underdog in that game.

I'm missing your logic.
For sure the underdog? No no way, its a very even contest and there is no way Oregon goes in as the 'sure' underdog. After studying this game the whole season, Oregon would go in as slight underdogs. Oregon is the best team ever to visit the blue turf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Reputation: 1825
I said for sure underdog, it may be slight, but it is for sure.

BSU beat 'em at Autzen last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,820,108 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I said for sure underdog, it may be slight, but it is for sure.

BSU beat 'em at Autzen last year.
Yeah fair point there but Oregon have a far better QB than they did last year (when they played Boise), + their RB will cause big problems for BSU. For me this is a game which could go either way. No upset whichever way it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Yeah fair point there but Oregon have a far better QB than they did last year (when they played Boise), + their RB will cause big problems for BSU. For me this is a game which could go either way. No upset whichever way it goes.
I feel ya. I got UO taking the Pac10. Not quite a dark horse but I like them to move up in the rankings this year. We will learn alot tomorrow.

Beside SUC, I think this might be their toughest game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,820,108 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I feel ya. I got UO taking the Pac10. Not quite a dark horse but I like them to move up in the rankings this year. We will learn alot tomorrow.

Beside SUC, I think this might be their toughest game.
Yeah I also see Oregon winning the PAC10. They have a decent offence which should be a handful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,820,108 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I don't see it as an upset, when you look at the two teams in great detail Oregon winning is not what you would consider an upset.
Corrected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top