U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:59 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,228,182 times

Advertisements

MD isn't relevant in college football right now although that's not to say they won't be. They don't have a "natural" rival like FSU and Miami or other in-state teams. I guess their rival will be whoever is tops in the ACC, unless they have a brutal few games with another team competing for the top spot.

SEC tends to be the most popular conference because those boys are rapid football fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 09:34 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post

SEC tends to be the most popular conference because those boys are rapid football fans.

I would say thats a matter of opinion. I think there are fans in the Big Ten and Big XII that are just as insane about their college football.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,403,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Also scince he is a Pennsylvanian (Philly baby), he always looked forward to the Penn classic (I think it was called) between the Pitt Panthers and the Nittany Lions (yay JoePa!). Now I hear the rivalry is dormant, shame.
There is nothing Philly about PSU/Pitt. Tell him to watch the Mayor's Cup between Temple and Nova.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:52 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
There is nothing Philly about PSU/Pitt. Tell him to watch the Mayor's Cup between Temple and Nova.
You are referring to b-ball correct? I know both are in the big 5 for basketball.

As for the pigskin, I have heard Temple stinks majorly. He was always the guy who watched any team as long as they were good (which I hear Pitt was at certain times with football) not really rabid partial fan.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,403,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
You are referring to b-ball correct? I know both are in the big 5 for basketball.

As for the pigskin, I have heard Temple stinks majorly. He was always the guy who watched any team as long as they were good (which I hear Pitt was at certain times with football) not really rabid partial fan.
No, the Mayor's Cup is football. No, we don't 'stink majorly' any longer. We were a hailmary knockdown away from being MAC East champs, playing in the MAC championship and playing in a Bowl Game.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 AM

201 posts, read 433,444 times
SEC is the number 1 conference..

Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
SEC is the number 1 conference..

Based on what?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:17 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,959,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Based on what?
Total domination.

JK...obviously CUSA is the best conference.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Based on what?
Based on decades and decades of mediocrity (at best). Recent success is all that matters!! SEC! SEC!

Gotta love the fans of Kentucky, Mississippi St, Vandy, Tenn., USCe, Auburn, AR, etc. etc., I know we suck but, but, SEC!! SEC! I actually heard some team chant "SEC" at their games? WTF?

Boomer Sooner, I don't really give a crap about the Big 12. Maybe a little bit come bowl season, but it's still just a little bit.

I just want to go 14-0.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Based on decades and decades of mediocrity (at best). Recent success is all that matters!! SEC! SEC!

Gotta love the fans of Kentucky, Mississippi St, Vandy, Tenn., USCe, Auburn, AR, etc. etc., I know we suck but, but, SEC!! SEC! I actually heard some team chant "SEC" at their games? WTF?

Boomer Sooner, I don't really give a crap about the Big 12. Maybe a little bit come bowl season, but it's still just a little bit.

I just want to go 14-0.

I will root for Big XII teams in Bowl games just because it makes us look better.

I live in SEC Country so like you said I hear it ALL THE TIME. The night Texas was playing Ohio St in the Fiesta Bowl I had about 10 people at my work surprised there was a game that night. it's like anything outside of the SEC is oblivious to them.

Can't wait for football season

HOOOK'EM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football