U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
I expect us to finish somewhere around 8-5 or 9-4 after the bowl game. That's not up to our standards of course, but certainly not dog****.

UF will pound our eyes in, but they would have regardless of any comments by our coach.

SO you get rid of a coach who had class and pretty moderate success but was having a rough patch for a guy who trash talks other coaches and breaks the rules.

HOOK'EM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 12:09 PM

623 posts, read 1,349,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
What that your coach is getting trouble before he has ever played a game. I wouldn't worry I'm sure your years of mediocrity will continue.

Oh and the real UT is in Texas
If you think he's "getting into trouble," you probably consider a child being grounded to his or her room to be the death penaltiy.

Please continue, I enjoy a good laugh.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
SO you get rid of a coach who had class and pretty moderate success but was having a rough patch for a guy who trash talks other coaches and breaks the rules.

HOOK'EM
If one championship in 10 years is your definition of "moderate success", you must be a closet A&M fan.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,382 times
Quote:
If one championship in 10 years is your definition of "moderate success", you must be a closet A&M fan.

I would say 152-52 is pretty good success. Good luck winning championships against Florida and in the SEC. I guess you Vol fans have the Notre Dame condition where you think your better than you are. Good luck this year maybe you'll make it to a bowl game

HOOK'EM

Old 06-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I would say 152-52 is pretty good success. Good luck winning championships against Florida and in the SEC. I guess you Vol fans have the Notre Dame condition where you think your better than you are. Good luck this year maybe you'll make it to a bowl game

HOOK'EM
Go take a ride in a DeLorean and ask Mack Brown how much one's record is worth without championships. Here's a hint, somewhere between dirt and GM stock.

The standards at UT are at least 2 championships every 10 or so years. Fulmer couldn't get it done, so he was canned. If you don't like our standards, well, I don't really care.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:40 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times
Quote:
Go take a ride in a DeLorean and ask Mack Brown how much one's record is worth without championships. Here's a hint, somewhere between dirt and GM stock.

The standards at UT are at least 2 championships every 10 or so years. Fulmer couldn't get it done, so he was canned. If you don't like our standards, well, I don't really care.
Those are high standards considering the Vols have only won 2 championships in their existence (excluding all the million smaller polls in the past that do not matter).

Should be interesting to see what your new coach can do. He has a tough task as your offense was terrible last year and will be only slightly better with your 2 new running backs. How does the line look? Sadly, both your qbs are garbage.

I'm looking forward to visiting Knoxville next year to watch the Oregon-Tennessee game. It should be fun.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Those are high standards considering the Vols have only won 2 championships in their existence (excluding all the million smaller polls in the past that do not matter).

Should be interesting to see what your new coach can do. He has a tough task as your offense was terrible last year and will be only slightly better with your 2 new running backs. How does the line look? Sadly, both your qbs are garbage.

I'm looking forward to visiting Knoxville next year to watch the Oregon-Tennessee game. It should be fun.
I was referring to conference championships. NCs are really just a cherry on top that you can only wish for, especially when considering the system used to determine the champion.

The OLine showed a much improved run blocking technique at our spring game, but the QB only took 2-3 step drops, so there's really no telling about the pass protection.

I expect only one of the two big RB (Brown, Oku) recruits to play this year, and the other sould wear a redshirt. Oku may not even make it in school.

Yes, the QBs are bad, err, horrible, err, God awful.

With better play calling, we're bowl eligible last year. That gives me enough hope, even with crappy QBs. Look for a lot of running.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:55 PM

402 posts, read 760,112 times
Alabama got screwed. This is why people like the NFL, because a win is a win and a loss is a loss. There aren't stupid nitpicky rules that USC doesn't get hit with but the rest of the schools do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football