Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
First of all
YOOHOO, I'm a TEXAS fan. I have no reason to hate or like USC. So you telling me what USC did in 2005 in the national championship game actually makes me proud.

Now unto the rest of your post. You ever heard of garbage time? USC was up 31-7 on Penn State going into the 4th quarter. They was up 38-17 with 6 minutes to go in the game. Penn State scored when USC took out it's starters. Don't try to come in here saying the score acting like it was close when you know good in well that Penn State was dominate throughougly in that game. Georgia( the 3rd best team in the SEC) beat Arizona State (the 7th best team in the Pac 10). Congratulations. It's not like you wasn't suppose to do that. Not an impressive win at all.

Is it Cal's fault that Miami's qb was out. Cal won the football game. End of discussion. Boise State beat Oregon 37-32. I watched that game. BSU was completely dominating them. Oregon came back and nearly recovered an onside kick with over 2 minutes to go and was moving the ball at will on them in the 4th. Not exactly a "spanking." I'm not going to refrain from anything because YOU are biased in your argument. YOU are clearly a typical SEC fan that thinks every league is beneath you. That's why USC fans said it was so fun when they beat Auburn at Auburn 23-0 in 2003 to shut your mouths up.

The greatest player in the history of the game wakled out of Texas in 2005. Oh and I was comparing Bradford with Sanchez. Didn't even realize you mentioned Stafford. But you don't any much to brag anymore than any other conference. BTW, last I checked, Carson Palmer, had a great year in 2002 and is having a solid pro career. But of course, let's not let facts get in the way of your arguments. Oh and Florida still has issues dealing with crime. No doubt about it. It is becoming the butt of jokes on Rivals.
USC must have been very proud of themselves beating auburn like that. I wonder if georgia tech, LSU, georgia, and ole miss were as impressed with themselves considering they all beat up auburn that year. so do we agree that USC may or may not be as good as georgia tech? good, we agree on that. you said that all but one of the pac 10's bowl games was a dominant victory. you were wrong. miami had the chance to win that game in california. sad. I said I didn't need to bring up the UGA AZ st. game, but you brought up the UT vs. UCLA game for some reason. I don't think every league is beneath me. I am not a league. I am a gator fan. please refrain from using the word you. the SEC has been pretty dominant for a few years. they can't help that. I can remember times when the pac 10, big 12, and the big 10 were dominant. right now, the SEC keeps winning the NC game. no disputing that. florida has had some petty crime issues. see, when you are good, people hear about that. when you suck, no one cares about what your team does off the field. I never said carson palmer didn't have a great year. he had 1 good year. that's it. the greatest player in college football history, 1 heisman, 2 NC's, is currently a senior on the gators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 09:35 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The greatest player in the history of the game wakled out of Texas in 2005.
LMAO. Not even the greatest player in conference history, let alone CFB history.

Trust me, if OU's line stays healthy, we are for sure going to be better than last year. Our defense should be very stingy.

I'd be scared if I were a texas* fan.

Talking about rebuilding, post VY hasn't been kind for texas*. Can't even muster up a conference title.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:47 PM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,230 times
Hmmmm....wasn't the last time UT won a championship 5 years more recently than OU?

All hair-splitting aside, I think OU, UT, USC and Ohio State deserve all of the recognition they get. There are an awful lot of national titles in the trophy cases of those four schools, so to call any of them "over-rated" is little more than the pointless ranting of insecure fanboys. There is a fine line between saying "I don't like them," and saying "They suck". I cannot stand the University of Texas at Norman Sooners, but I cannot sit here and say that they are overrated; they are one of the most prestigious programs in the nation and most coaches would gladly give a testicle to enjoy a tenth the success OU has had.

Boise State is an underrated program. Utah was last year. I do get tired of hearing about FSU and Miami; neither one of those teams has been relevant for quite some time now.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Overrated - Southern Cal, South Carolina, Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State by far!

Underrated - Utah, BYU

Old 07-06-2009, 02:46 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Trust me, if OU's line stays healthy, we are for sure going to be better than last year. Our defense should be very stingy.

I'd be scared if I were a texas* fan.

I'm not losing sleep over it

The most overrated to me is Notre Dame, all the love and coverage they get and they are average. Yea they have a great history but how long does that carry on for, enough. Boise St has more BCS wins then they do .

Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post

The most overrated to me is Notre Dame, all the love and coverage they get and they are average. Yea they have a great history but how long does that carry on for, enough. Boise St has more BCS wins then they do .
yeah, but they have the alum, and the fans. those catholics love touchdown jesus.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:10 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post

Lol so have to agree with you there.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
I must concede that Penn State got creamed in last year's bowl game; not their best performance...LOL...However they also had a few of their "star" players injured...may not have won anyway but at least it would have been interesting. I think, if I remember PSU...made a lot of errors in a short time span, early in the game. And I cannot say enough that Utah...last year at least was UNDER rated.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:31 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Or 'Bama was overrated. Utah was barely as good as TCU. Really. If that game was at TCU, TCU would have clobbered 'em and no one would be talking about Utah.

The 'Bama game was a fluke.

Utah squeaked out at least 5 games last year with a favorable schedule. New Mexico by 3? Give me a break. Tulsa crushed them 56-14. Thats just one example off the top of my head.

Utah was a top 10 team last year, I think putting in the top 5 is actually overrating them.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 07-06-2009 at 06:43 PM..

Old 07-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I must concede that Penn State got creamed in last year's bowl game; not their best performance...LOL...However they also had a few of their "star" players injured...may not have won anyway but at least it would have been interesting. I think, if I remember PSU...made a lot of errors in a short time span, early in the game. And I cannot say enough that Utah...last year at least was UNDER rated.
plus the game was in cali. you know what penn state did to the mighty beavers in happy valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football