U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 06:39 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Florida said they wouldn't play Utah when their conference signed a contract with the BCS to keep half the teams in division 1A from having any chance of playing in the Naitonal Championship game.

A high draft pick doesn't equal a good player. Do we need to bring up Ryan Leaf? Stafford and Georgia didn't do shít in the NCAA last year (what'd they lose, 4 games?), and I will put a decent amount of money that Stafford and the Lions won't do shít in the NFL this year. Of course if they manage to win 1 game, he will be the hero, but we will take a look at his numbers.

florida didn't do that, the entire NCAA did that. florida doesn't run the BCS, they just run college football. and if you are bringing up busts, where's alex smith?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Lets look at Florida's:

Hawaii - Suck
Miami FL - Suck
Tennessee - Suck
Mississippi - Good
@ Arkansas - Suck
LSU - Decent
Kentucky - Suck
Georgia - Decent
@ Vanderbilt - Suck
South Carolina - Marginal
Citadel - The Cupcake of Cupcakes
@ Florida State - Decent
Alabama - Good
Oklahoma - Good

Florida's schedule was only marginally tougher than Utah's, especially considering Florida plays in a far "stronger" conference. Again, what are you afraid of by playing a "mid-major" in a bowl game?
it's not that I disagree with you, it's that every human being on this planet does as well.

you ask how this question, "how could utah know michigan would suck?" ok, "how could florida know they would not be able to play utah for the NC?" the answer? they couldn't know. florida doesn't run the BCS. you know the song, "2 out of 3 ain't bad?" that is florida's theme music right now. it's not bad, but 3 out of 4 is going to be much sweeter.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
You are really gonna give UNLV and CSU a marginal while giving Miami a suck? Heck, even Hawaii went bowling last year along with Miami and FSU. (UF OOC)

I'm not a fan of UF but, Really?! Marginally tougher? lmao. Just look at how many UF opponents went bowling. A crapload more than Utahs.

UF also BLEW out most everyone last year, Utah had at least 4 serious squeakers.

that's what I'm saying. they put that like 4 teams that went to bowls last year sucked. yeah, tennessee sucked last year, but vandy won a bowl.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:08 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,209,016 times
Quote:
Just like #1 Georgia was going to beat them by that many points too...then they actually had to play their game, and we see how that turned out. Why is Florida so afraid of actually playing the game? If the MWC is so bad like you say it is, then what do you have to be afraid of? Ending up like Georgia...that's what.
Last I recall, it was in 2005, and Georgia beat Boise State by about 30 points. Of course, since you're 13 years old, you were probably what, 9 years old then? I can see how you wouldn't remember.

Or maybe you're thinking of when Georgia raped Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl a couple of years back, 41-10? You recall, that undefeated BCS buster, the team that was unfairly left out of the national championship? How many sacks did Georgia get in that game? Was it 8?

When was the last time Georgia lost to a mid-major team? I believe it would've been 1996, they lost by 4 to Southern Mississippi, en route to a 5-6 season.

I can also see how a 13 year old would think that Air Force was as good as LSU, Florida State or Georgia, or that UNLV was better than Tennessee and Miami.

Last edited by le roi; 07-21-2009 at 09:29 AM..

Old 07-22-2009, 02:11 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,568,102 times
Does anyone have any "buzz" as to which College teams are favored to be highly ranked this season?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Does anyone have any "buzz" as to which College teams are favored to be highly ranked this season?
the gators are number one in preseason polls. USC, oklahoma, and texas are also in the top 5.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
the gators are number one in preseason polls. USC, oklahoma, and texas are also in the top 5.
Thank you...very much...we will see how the early "unofficial" rankings" pan out......The "pigskin" classic(they keep changing the name) should be next month...can't wait for the college football season to get rolling.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Thank you...very much...we will see how the early "unofficial" rankings" pan out......The "pigskin" classic(they keep changing the name) should be next month...can't wait for the college football season to get rolling.

here, I started a thread about this with a link to the preseason top 25.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/footb...-top-25-a.html

Old 07-22-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
here, I started a thread about this with a link to the preseason top 25.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/footb...-top-25-a.html
thanx...good idea...

Old 07-23-2009, 02:28 AM

977 posts, read 1,629,639 times
Not sure why you are getting hostile. I guess your ability to read is pretty limited, as is your ability to follow a discussion, as I corrected my statement two posts after that...
Quote:
And by Georgia I of course mean Alabama...
Just for the record, yes I did think Hawaii should have gone to the National Championship based on their record, but I was not surprised they got slaughtered by Georgia. Georgia had an excellent team that year, and were playing especially well toward the end of the season. Like I have said since that game...Hawaii did indeed prove a lot of people wrong...namely those people that believed in them.
And last year, yes, Air Force was as good or better than LSU...that would be the LSU that almost lost to Troy...at home. And that would be the Tennessee that did lose to Wyoming...at home...so yes, to be blunt, UNLV was better than Tennessee last year.
Holy shít...you haven't even been paying attention since the Georgia-Hawaii game, it all makes sense now. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, if I was a bandwagon Georgia fan I wouldn't have paid attention last year either.

I would expect no less from a 14 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or