U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM
 
5 posts, read 20,264 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Although there is probably no way to justify a "right" answer I would like to have a little fun anyway. With the best sport in America just beyond the horizon I would like to hear some imput on who you all would think are the most passionate fans in college football.

I'm down in SEC country so of course I'm gonna be bias but in my opinion, I'm gonna pick Alabama fans. Although they can be crazy and some can be downright incompetent, you can't argue with the passion these fans show for their team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2009, 06:04 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,305 times
Reputation: 668
I have heard nebraska fans are the best, and the most friendly.

Last edited by thefinalsay; 07-26-2009 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I have heard nebraska fans are the best, and most friendly.


They are a classey bunch, I saw a game up there once and they were very nice.

I think to the OP this is personal preference. I am a Texas fan so I would say Texas fans are the best. I know some of my OU friends on here would say they are, which indeed they are a VERY passionite fan base. I think as a whole College football fans are some of the most loyal and at time vicious fans in the sports world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 09:07 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweat12 View Post
Although there is probably no way to justify a "right" answer I would like to have a little fun anyway. With the best sport in America just beyond the horizon I would like to hear some imput on who you all would think are the most passionate fans in college football.

I'm down in SEC country so of course I'm gonna be bias but in my opinion, I'm gonna pick Alabama fans. Although they can be crazy and some can be downright incompetent, you can't argue with the passion these fans show for their team
Speakin of 'bama fans.... this is some funny shiit. "and I really don't like pumpkins" lmao.

Video - Bama fan trashing Tennessee - College Football

Every real CFB fan is passionate, no team owns that label.

Boomer Sooner!!
Hook 'em
Gig 'em
Go Blue
Geaux Tigers
Chomp Chomp
Roll Tide
Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk
Fight On!
Fight, Raiders, Fight!

Thats all I got off the top of my head, Holy crap I love College Football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Reputation: 1324
Well I'm not going to be a homer and say Nevada because if I did, that would be just stupid, because the truth is that they don't even sell out there games.

I hate to say it but I think the SEC has some of the most passonite fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Waco, TX
977 posts, read 1,629,417 times
Reputation: 683
I am basing this on personal experience as well as what I have seen on broadcast television. I will name some teams that I despise, but just because a team should be loathed, doesn't mean their fans aren't passionate.

1. Nebraska. We have sucked for 7 years and are still breaking attendance records. You really have to be in Lincoln for gameday to understand exactly how much Huskers football rules the entire state. Nebraska will hit 300 consecutive sellouts this year...a streak that dates back to 1962. No one can really touch that level of fan devotion.

2. Notre Dame
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. USC
6. Florida
7. Oklahoma
8. Ohio State
9. Georgia
10. Boise State

Dishonorable Mention:
1. Michigan. Amazing what a loss to Appalachian State can do. Two years of empty seats since then.
2. LSU. Maybe there was something in the water last year, but they sure didn't want to stick around. It took another 12 hours before most people in Baton Rouge knew they actually beat Troy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 03:33 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Reputation: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Well I'm not going to be a homer and say Nevada because if I did, that would be just stupid, because the truth is that they don't even sell out there games.

I hate to say it but I think the SEC has some of the most passonite fans.
Obviously its based on your own personal choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
 
15 posts, read 19,701 times
Reputation: 13
There's just no way to name one fan base as the most passionate. College football fans are the most passionate fans in the world, hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
 
Location: MI
1,068 posts, read 2,859,698 times
Reputation: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two21One View Post
There's just no way to name one fan base as the most passionate. College football fans are the most passionate fans in the world, hands down.
I agree. I never paid much attention to college football until I moved from Florida to Knoxville,TN and folks in Eastern Tennessee are crazy about thier Vols to the extent where if they get a cut "they bleed orange".

I lived there during the best days of Fulmer vs Spurrier, Manning vs. Wuerffel and Knoxville came alive in the days before the UF vs. UT game and on the Sunday after you could've heard a pin drop it was so quiet, like a ghost town when the Vols got beat, they take football way serious in Big Orange country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,928 posts, read 19,142,988 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
1. Nebraska. We have sucked for 7 years and are still breaking attendance records. You really have to be in Lincoln for gameday to understand exactly how much Huskers football rules the entire state. Nebraska will hit 300 consecutive sellouts this year...a streak that dates back to 1962. No one can really touch that level of fan devotion.
Go big red!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top