U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Errh you wana see BSU's new unis, man they're terrible, they'll blend in even more with the Blue turf
I honestly think that there should be rule on turf color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 AM

3,431 posts, read 5,777,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Texas Tech:

North Dakota
Rice
Houston
New Mexico

While anyone can beat anyone (see App. St.), it looks as though the toughest nonconference game will be at Houston, with a good head coach who should be a hot commodity in the next few years and an offensive coordinator who coached at Tech and is very familiar with Leach's system. Plus the game is a week after the UT game in Austin.

The other three are in Lubbock so I think Tech should be favored to win handily. It's not close to the toughest of nonconference schedules (I would like to see at least one BCS conference opponent every year before big 12 play), but Houston will probably make it to a bowl game this season and may win its conference.

I will be somewhere in the student section at Robertson for Tech. Or that is the plan, at least.

I just wish Holgerson would remember that FBs and TEs are useful. UH couldn't run out the clock last year soon enough against Air Force in the bowl game.

As for UH:

NW ST (La.)
@Okie State
Texas Tech
@Mississippi State

If the Coogs played like last season in Stoolwater as if Art Briles was still coaching them, then the pile of turnovers kills them and OSU blows open a close game.

Tech could go either way, but I believe UH has no experience where it matters. Hopefully, that week off after OSU isn't all for some serious wound licking.

I think MSU is a win. MSU isn't so much better now than they were in Briles' early years where UH swept a home-and-home from the Bulldogs. UH is in much calmer waters as the Dana Dimel 0-11 2001 disaster is long since out of the rear view mirror...

So, 4-0 possible, not likely. 3-1 quite likely. 2-2 would be a slight letdown.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:45 PM

63 posts, read 147,833 times
LSU Tigers

@ Washington
Louisiana-Lafayette
Tulane
Louisiana Tech

LSU should go 4-0 vs. these teams.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,206,785 times
UNC:

Citadel
UConn
ECU
GaSo

Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,960,587 times
ECU:

App State (home)
West Virginia (away)
UNC (away)
VT (home)

Looks to be the toughest listed in this thread so far.

The 1st three games listed are our 1st three games of the season. VT is a home Thursday night ESPN game in Nov.

I can see 4-0, I can also see 1-3. We did beat WVU, UNC and VT the last time we matched up. We have almost our entire team returning, plus the key is getting injured players back (last year I think we had at one point 17 starters injured). Our Oline will be the 2nd most experienced Oline in the nation. Our QB is coming back for a 6th year (3rd year of actually seeing playing time). We are very deep at RB and DL and have 2 very good playmakers at WR. Hopefully we can have some depth at WR and our DBs play good.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:52 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,205,362 times
South Carolina Gamecocks - taking on:

at NC State
Clemson
Florida Atlantic
The Citadel

FAU made a bowl the past two years, they aren't terrible. NC State is supposed to be much better this year. Citadel should be an easy win. Clemson.. I think they've beaten us something like 10 of the past 12.

Phil Steele has us as the #1 most difficult schedule in the nation. Our tough conference games are Florida and Ole Miss at home.. and @ Alabama, @ Georgia, @ Tennessee, @ Arkansas

Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
ECU:

App State (home)
West Virginia (away)
UNC (away)
VT (home)

Looks to be the toughest listed in this thread so far.

The 1st three games listed are our 1st three games of the season. VT is a home Thursday night ESPN game in Nov.

I can see 4-0, I can also see 1-3. We did beat WVU, UNC and VT the last time we matched up. We have almost our entire team returning, plus the key is getting injured players back (last year I think we had at one point 17 starters injured). Our Oline will be the 2nd most experienced Oline in the nation. Our QB is coming back for a 6th year (3rd year of actually seeing playing time). We are very deep at RB and DL and have 2 very good playmakers at WR. Hopefully we can have some depth at WR and our DBs play good.
You've gotta respect ECU for scheduling the way they do every year. I wouldn't be surprised if those Tobacco Road schools quit scheduling ECU. I hope y'all get picked up by the ACC, SEC, or Big East at some point.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
South Carolina Gamecocks - taking on:

at NC State
Clemson
Florida Atlantic
The Citadel

FAU made a bowl the past two years, they aren't terrible. NC State is supposed to be much better this year. Citadel should be an easy win. Clemson.. I think they've beaten us something like 10 of the past 12.

Phil Steele has us as the #1 most difficult schedule in the nation. Our tough conference games are Florida and Ole Miss at home.. and @ Alabama, @ Georgia, @ Tennessee, @ Arkansas
You're right, that is a tough schedule. Good to see S. Carolina schedule decent OOC opponents. What SEC games do you have at home?

Phil Steele is a moron though. He has my Oregon Ducks out of the Top 40...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
You've gotta respect ECU for scheduling the way they do. I hope y'all get picked up by the ACC, SEC, or Big East at some point.
Well, you know the SEC won't pick them up. ECU mans up with their OOC schedule and that'll rock the boat.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
You're right, that is a tough schedule. What SEC games do you have at home?
@NC State
@Georgia
Florida Atlantic
Ole Miss
Citadel
Kentucky
@Alabama
Vandy
@Tennessee
@Arkansas
Florida
bye
@Clemson

same thing every year.. start with Georgia (sets the tone) and 4 or 5 of our winnable games.. then end on the "Orange Crush" of Clemson, Tennessee, and Florida at the end of every year. Arkansas is always a battle, and the two random SEC West opponents are usually strong (we seem to rotate out the cold teams, and in with the hot teams, every year.)

Quote:
Phil Steele is a moron though. He has my Oregon Ducks out of the Top 40...
I think he's very analytical.. this sort of stuff is rarely accurate, and I don't know of anyone better. And don't feel bad, I think we were like #50-something. He considers the schedule strength very important when making those rankings. Easy schedules are rewarded, because that's how real-life polls work. Utah and Boise are no pushovers, that's probably what drags you down in those rankings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or