U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:06 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,440 times

Advertisements

Too much parity among Big East. Some decent teams in Pitt and WVU and possibly Rutgers and maaaaaaaaaybe Cincy but nothing on the elite yet. If Pitt or WVU has a real good year, they could crack the top 25.

Also you have the strong showings of teams like TCU and especially Utah who surprised everyone last year, so the media is fawning over them (I think fairly justifiably).

If you wanna be supportive, you say "The conference is building" which I can see. However others would say it's parity merely indicates mediocrity around the board, and those knockers seem to be winning.

I honestly don't care if we are not the SEC or marquee Big 12 yet, it's a little unrealistic to expect that with the addition of traditionally basketball schools (for all the building they're doing).

Still if we can't get to the level of what Utah, Boise State or BYU is in two years, then I fear for the conference (It's totally bloated in the basketball category anyways, I don't see how that's fair but im not a b-ball guy). Pitt and WVU need to get back into their A-games, same with the Orangemen, add to that the building that Greg Schiano is doing in Jersey and you can become at least respectable like the ACC is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 07:29 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,536,114 times
It's good to see the Huskers back in the top 20 again. This is from an OU fan.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:36 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Also you have the strong showings of teams like TCU and especially Utah who surprised everyone last year, so the media is fawning over them (I think fairly justifiably).
The media poll isn't out yet. This one is from the coaches. jes sayin.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,440 times
good point. Still it would not surprise me to see one of em in the media poll

Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if TCU goes undefeated this year.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:54 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Games vs BYU and Utah could be interesting to watch.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Games vs BYU and Utah could be interesting to watch.
I think TCU smokes em. Those two teams lost waaay too many players. Neither one wil be ranked at years end.

But interesting to watch, yes. Might catch the BYU game cause thats our bye week, but I'll probably just get one last camping trip in instead.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,428,253 times
I think everyone is ranked too high! My opinion is that the first poll should come out after 3 weeks in to the season.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:30 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,816,959 times
Quote:
I think TCU smokes em. Those two teams lost waaay too many players. Neither one wil be ranked at years end.

But interesting to watch, yes. Might catch the BYU game cause thats our bye week, but I'll probably just get one last camping trip in instead.
I agree with you there, TCU is just far too good. Utah have just lost far too many players.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,736,712 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised either and along those lines, they should be ranked a little higher than they are IMO. I also think Ok State and Georgia should be a little higher as well. IMO they do have the top 5 right. Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, or Alabama will most likely take the title this year. I know it's way to early to make any clear predictions but I can't imagine any scenario where at least two of those 5 doesn't have a very good shot at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football