Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:43 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
True, but UF has no choice on their conference shedule. Your OOC schedule shows if you truly take on all comers, and I don't see that in UF.
SEC haters are the only people who think OOC schedules are more important than overall schedules.

Mid-major, Pac Ten, and Big East fans are basically the only people who are capable of maintaining the delusion that tough OOC scheduling alone means something important. ACC and Big Ten homers often have an axe to grind with the SEC, so their fans will also jump on that gravy train.

Quote:
Plus they don't play everyone in their conference!
I guess in your fantasy world, they should be playing 1 OOC game every year?

Quote:
They maybe play one or two conf. teams that can truly beat UF. Maybe that's a tribute to how good UF is. But I still would like to see them play a good OOC team.
Since 2005, Florida has lost to LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Alabama.

Quote:
USC for instance, has only 3 OOC games. In those 3 games, they play two tradtional powers, Ohio State and Notre Dame. I know ND isn't any good anymore, but that's another discussion for another day.

I would love to see UF play a OOC schedule like that.
Last year Florida played two traditional OOC powers, Miami and Florida State.

Last edited by le roi; 08-12-2009 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 02:36 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,968,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared422 View Post
I hate to take up for Alabama (BIG LSU Fan here), but they did play Clemson to start the season (which at the time was a top 10 team) and are opening against Va Tech this year. They also are scheduled to play Penn St. in 2010.

FIU
North Texas
Chattanooga

Their conference schedule is rather weak too.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 PM

809 posts, read 163,429 times
I agree with TXboomerang, polls come out way too early. I would even submit the polls not coming out until after all the creampuff games have been played and teams get into the meat of their conference schedules.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:55 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Check out Florida International!! Now they play a great OOC schedule!! They play Alabama, Rutgers, Toledo and Florida. This might be the best OOC schedule of any team in the nation.
What was this guy smoking that made out this schedule ?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,968,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Last year Florida played two traditional OOC powers, Miami and Florida State.

traditional powers. The trend for those programs is traditional. However, they have been out of that trend for the last few years. Dont talk as if playing those teams last year were really tough tests.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
traditional powers. The trend for those programs is traditional. However, they have been out of that trend for the last few years. Dont talk as if playing those teams last year were really tough tests.
I called them traditional powers, regarding a previous posters' comments. I didn't say they were tough tests. I mean hell, they were being compared to Notre Dame.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:04 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Quote:
Exactly!!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
I think OU at number 3 is too high. It's like everyone is forgetting that they lost 80%(!) of their offensive line.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I think OU at number 3 is too high. It's like everyone is forgetting that they lost 80%(!) of their offensive line.
Same could could be said about USC, they lost 8 out of 11 defensive starters and their QB. A much bigger deal IMO.

Everyone knows that the great teams reload.

Barring injury, OU will be quite a bit better than last years team that ended #5, went 12-2, and made it to the BCS CG.

We'll see ya in Pasadena!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM

623 posts, read 1,542,524 times
Quote:
FIU
North Texas
Chattanooga

Their conference schedule is rather weak too.
There's no such thing as a weak SEC schedule. Sorry haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football