U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 AM

43,643 posts, read 52,893,710 times

Advertisements

Can't believe we're talking about the Big 10 after their embarrassing last season. Is it bc of contracts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 11:10 AM

15,400 posts, read 19,621,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Can't believe we're talking about the Big 10 after their embarrassing last season. Is it bc of contracts?
The Big Ten had a miserable bowl record last year; however that will have virtually no impact on this season's bowl invitations.

The conference champion, plus the next(five, I think?) teams are automatically going to one bowl or another.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:43 AM

2,486 posts, read 3,446,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Big Ten gets 8 this year:

OSU
PSU
Wisc
Mich St
Iowa
Illinois
Michigan
Purdue
Scratch Michigan off that list and you have it right I believe....Michigan is still in serious trouble this season imo...next year they'll be better and will be bowl team but they are way too young this year.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:02 PM

2,486 posts, read 3,446,597 times
I see the following teams making bowls this year:

Big Ten:
Ohio State (Big Ten Champs)
Penn State
Iowa
Illinois
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Big East:
S Florida (Big East Champs)
WVU
Pit
Rutgers
Cincy

ACC:
Georgia Tech (Conference Champs)
Florida State
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Clemson
Boston College
Miami
Wake Forest

SEC:
Florida (Conference Champs)
LSU
Alabama
Ole Miss
Georgia
Kentucky
Auburn
Arkansas

Big 12:
Texas (Conference Champs)
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Nebraska
Texas Tech
Missouri

Pac 10:
USC (Conference Champs)
Oregon
California
Oregon State
Arizona
UCLA

That's just my 2 cents with what will happen in the BCS conferences.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,621,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Scratch Michigan off that list and you have it right I believe....Michigan is still in serious trouble this season imo...next year they'll be better and will be bowl team but they are way too young this year.
I think you may be right.....Michigan may stay in a slump; but the history and pride of the football program can be great motivators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or