U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2009, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,652 posts, read 33,467,179 times
Reputation: 32369

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You'll be looking longingly back towards Philadelphia when Vick throws his first TD pass to win a game for them.
I think most of these Vick haters that talk about burying their Eagles jerseys will have those jerseys dug back up by the time the playoffs roll around and Vick throws a few TDs in the Wildcat offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighkc View Post
Can't support the Eagles anymore after they took Michael Vick onboard. Go Carolina Panthers!!!! This yankee transplant (15 years down here now) is finally totally converted!
So you rather support a team with a QB who throws interceptions all the time and trips over his own feet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2009, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Sin City
735 posts, read 1,449,185 times
Reputation: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
I don't understand people who let this type of stuff divide them from teams. It's a game, and if the dude produces wins, that's all that matters.
That is not all that matters. Football is just a game. Life is real. Some things are actually more important than winning a game. Things like life, family, pets, being a law abiding person who is fit for society.

Vick is a vile disgusting piece of trash. Football is in no way more important than the dogs he killed and tortured, and the racketeering laws he violated.

I'm sorry you think that winning a football game is more important than the violent lawlessness of the asswipemikevick, but your view is very distorted and disturbing.

If my favorite team had signed Vick, I would've thrown away all of my jerseys and hope for them to lose every game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,189,184 times
Reputation: 772
Yeah I wouldnt want a bandwagon jumper as a fn of my team. Glad you picked the Panthers and not the Patriots. You guys who hate Vick are so funny.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 AM
 
Location: NE PA
7,936 posts, read 13,870,160 times
Reputation: 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
It's a game, and if the dude produces wins, that's all that matters.
That's all that matters???? Are you kidding? So I should root for Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, and Osama Bin Laden if the Eagles sign them and win? Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 AM
 
Location: NE PA
7,936 posts, read 13,870,160 times
Reputation: 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Yeah I wouldnt want a bandwagon jumper as a fn of my team. Glad you picked the Panthers and not the Patriots. You guys who hate Vick are so funny.....
I don't think there's anything bandwagon about being a Panthers fan. Its not like he latched onto the Steelers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 AM
 
Location: NE PA
7,936 posts, read 13,870,160 times
Reputation: 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
That is not all that matters. Football is just a game. Life is real. Some things are actually more important than winning a game. Things like life, family, pets, being a law abiding person who is fit for society.

Vick is a vile disgusting piece of trash. Football is in no way more important than the dogs he killed and tortured, and the racketeering laws he violated.

I'm sorry you think that winning a football game is more important than the violent lawlessness of the asswipemikevick, but your view is very distorted and disturbing.

If my favorite team had signed Vick, I would've thrown away all of my jerseys and hope for them to lose every game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Maryland Eastern Shore
969 posts, read 2,521,182 times
Reputation: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
That is not all that matters. Football is just a game. Life is real. Some things are actually more important than winning a game. Things like life, family, pets, being a law abiding person who is fit for society.

Vick is a vile disgusting piece of trash. Football is in no way more important than the dogs he killed and tortured, and the racketeering laws he violated.

I'm sorry you think that winning a football game is more important than the violent lawlessness of the asswipemikevick, but your view is very distorted and disturbing.

If my favorite team had signed Vick, I would've thrown away all of my jerseys and hope for them to lose every game.
I would also like to point out that it is the ENTIRE NFL franchise that has allowed this person to play (on ANY team) He could have been barred from participat6ing under the morals clause that is SUPPOSED to apply to all players. But since this is a "sport" that allows all types of criminals and thugs to populate the field - why am I not surprised.

As for me - I won't watch ANY NFL football this year - nor will I purchase ANY products that advertise (and thereby pay money) with the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 AM
 
Location: NE PA
7,936 posts, read 13,870,160 times
Reputation: 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So you rather support a team with a QB who throws interceptions all the time and trips over his own feet?
As opposed to a guy who hung dogs and electrocuted them with jumper cables, and put defenseless dogs into a ring with pit bulls just so they can maul the dog and Vick and his homies get a laugh? Yeah, I'll take the guy who throws interceptions. I could never root for Michael Vick. And the way I look at it as a lifelong Eagles fan....I'm not abandoning the Eagles, the Eagles are abandoning me. I was a fan long before Andy Reid, long before Lurie was the owner. The only similarity between this team and Eagles teams of the past is the uniform. The Eagles have no standards and no morals now, obviously.

And like I said, the Eagles fans supporting this team are hypocrites. Would you people be this supportive and forgiving of Vick if he was signed by the Cowboys? No! You'd be throwing dog bones at him on his first trip to the Linc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 AM
 
Location: NE PA
7,936 posts, read 13,870,160 times
Reputation: 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
I would also like to point out that it is the ENTIRE NFL franchise that has allowed this person to play (on ANY team) He could have been barred from participat6ing under the morals clause that is SUPPOSED to apply to all players. But since this is a "sport" that allows all types of criminals and thugs to populate the field - why am I not surprised.

As for me - I won't watch ANY NFL football this year - nor will I purchase ANY products that advertise (and thereby pay money) with the NFL.
I agree...I think I'll just watch college or high school football. Or maybe just rake my leaves or something.

Although if I have to root for an NFL team this year, I wouldn't mind seeing Denver win the Super Bowl so Dawkins can get a ring. Dawk was a true Eagle, and a player that kids can look up to. Vick is a lowlife....the Eagles sold their soul, and I hope it blows up in their faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top