U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,959,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So you rather support a team with a QB who throws interceptions all the time and trips over his own feet?

Better win% than vick, Better QB rating than Vick, Better playoff numbers than vick (even with 2 bad playoff games) and better completion% than vick.

Vick does win in 2 categories, though. He has indeed killed/tortured more dogs and killed more coaches than Delhomme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 09:03 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,054 times
I will be rooting for the Eagles this year and after reading some of these posts, the Buc's Falcons, or Saints in the south.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 AM

815 posts, read 1,840,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighkc View Post
Can't support the Eagles anymore after they took Michael Vick onboard. Go Carolina Panthers!!!! This yankee transplant (15 years down here now) is finally totally converted!

How ironic, I used to despise the Eagles. But now that they signed Mike Vick I have become a fan overnight. Its still about #2 Matty (Ice) Ryan and my Dirty Birds, but I will always be a #7 fan and have been a #7 fan since he played for the Hokies. Black Atlanta will always love you #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,858,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
How ironic, I used to despise the Eagles. But now that they signed Mike Vick I have become a fan overnight. Its still about #2 Matty (Ice) Ryan and my Dirty Birds, but I will always be a #7 fan and have been a #7 fan since he played for the Hokies. Black Atlanta will always love you #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would you be as supportive of Vick if he was white? It seems its mainly black people are crying for Vick to be forgiven, I just wonder if they would say the same things if he was white?

Personally, I couldn't care less if Vick was black or white, I'd hate him just the same.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Would you be as supportive of Vick if he was white? It seems its mainly black people are crying for Vick to be forgiven, I just wonder if they would say the same things if he was white?

Personally, I couldn't care less if Vick was black or white, I'd hate him just the same.
Honestly I would. I am black, but believe it or not I really dont see color. And on top of that I am an avid dog lover and the proud owner of two APBT's (pit bulls) and one mutt. I just feel that he more than paid his debt to society, and he deserves a second chance. And if people can glorify shooting and killing other animals on Saturday morning hunting shows on ESPN 2, and VS, then why is a man who killed an animal vilified just because it's a dog??? Deer, Elk, Lions, Boar and Leopards are animals to, why dont they get the same treatment?? If you want to persecute Vick go after those wack jobs who go wild in the mountains of North Georgia and other wilderness locales yearly and kill scores of deer and wild boars for the sheer fun of it.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:07 AM

2,408 posts, read 3,424,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Good for you...I couldnt' support any team that signed a dog murderer and torturer....sports aren't all about winning...character still matters.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:09 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,858,365 times
Quote:
Honestly I would. I am black, but believe it or not I really dont see color. And on top of that I am an avid dog lover and the proud owner of two APBT's (pit bulls) and one mutt. I just feel that he more than paid his debt to society, and he deserves a second chance. And if people can glorify shooting and killing other animals on Saturday morning hunting shows on ESPN 2, and VS, then why is man who killed an animal vilified just because it's a dog??? If you want to persecute Vick go after those wack jobs who go wild in the mountains of North Georgia and other wilderness locales yearly and kill scores of deer and wild boars for the sheer fun of it.
There's no comparison between hunting, especially for food, and torturing animals for fun...electrocuting dogs with jumper cables, hanging them, drowning them, slamming their faces off of concrete, throwing defenseless dogs, even puppies, into the ring with trained fighting dogs so they can get ripped apart. That's just sick. I see no similarity between dogfighting and deer hunting.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 AM

969 posts, read 2,518,887 times
Quote:
then why is a man who killed an animal vilified just because it's a dog??? Deer, Elk, Lions, Boar and Leopards are animals to, why dont they get the same treatment?? If you want to persecute Vick go after those wack jobs who go wild in the mountains of North Georgia and other wilderness locales yearly and kill scores of deer and wild boars for the sheer fun of it.
Because a COWARD who took domesticated animals - and TORTURED them - wouldn't have the nerve - although the thought of him (attempting) to go after a lion and grab it by the face and slam it down on concrete would be a "sport" I might sign up for.

Comparing dog fighting to hunting is ridiculous.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
There's no comparison between hunting, especially for food, and torturing animals for fun...electrocuting dogs with jumper cables, hanging them, drowning them, slamming their faces off of concrete, throwing defenseless dogs, even puppies, into the ring with trained fighting dogs so they can get ripped apart. That's just sick....big difference from people hunting deer and eating what you kill and torturing animals for fun.

Are you serious??? You really think most people hunt for food??? You should go over to the Atlanta page and see what I wrote about some of my experiences on hunting trips. One of my best friends family growing up had a large amount of acerage in central GA and I would accompany him and his family on hunting trips a least two times a year back in the day and I have seen everything from people killing injured deer on the roadside with a 12 gauge blast to the head, to people riding ATV's in the woods while chasing and shooting a family of wild Boar's with Desert Eagle hand guns, even seen my friend and his brother lure a baby doe with food, only to wrap a string of M-80's around the deer's neck and set it off to see it run away into the brush bleeding from the neck profusely. All of those examples involved no one eating anything. If you think hunters hunt to eat you are sorely mistaken.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Because a COWARD who took domesticated animals - and TORTURED them - wouldn't have the nerve - although the thought of him (attempting) to go after a lion and grab it by the face and slam it down on concrete would be a "sport" I might sign up for.

Comparing dog fighting to hunting is ridiculous.

Pigs and cows are domesticated and pigs actually are much more intelligent than dogs, but yet they are led to the slaughter house daily by the thousands. And by the way have you ever seen how they are killed in a slaughter house??? Imagine if your family was placed on a conveyor belt and you were the last one in line, you basically would watch as your parents and siblings were killed and sliced up as you waited your turn to undergo the same treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football