U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Maryland Eastern Shore
969 posts, read 2,523,661 times
Reputation: 933

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
even seen my friend and his brother wrap a string of M-80's around a deer's neck and set it off.
And you thought this was "hunting"? And these people were/are still your friends?

That wasn't hunting - and you had a moral imperative to intervene - but I guess you didn't "get" that.

Animal torture apparently is not something you have a problem with.

Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
815 posts, read 1,845,223 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
And you thought this was "hunting"? And these people were/are still your friends?

That wasn't hunting - and you had a moral imperative to intervene - but I guess you didn't "get" that.

Animal torture apparently is not something you have a problem with.

Sad.

Yeah whatever, I was all of grade school age then. And no they are not my friends anymore, sadly as we got to high school the individual whom I was talking about turned into a racist overnight and didnt seem to want to hang with a black kid anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Maryland Eastern Shore
969 posts, read 2,523,661 times
Reputation: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Yeah whatever, I was all of grade school age then.
I love it when stories "evolve" in the telling when someone is called on it.

Quote:
One of my best friends family growing up had a large amount of acerage in central GA and I would accompany him and his family on hunting trips a least two times a year back in the day
Again - those weren't "hunting" trips.

From your reply - I can see that you still don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
815 posts, read 1,845,223 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
I love it when stories "evolve" in the telling when someone is called on it.



Again - those weren't "hunting" trips.

From your reply - I can see that you still don't get it.

LOL, Did I not say back in my school days, plus Im only 25, of course back in the day would be when I was kid. The simple fact that you called dogs domesticated animals but yet you didn't know that most of your daily diet involves domesticated animals shows you obviously dont get it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Dublin, OH
2,477 posts, read 3,442,444 times
Reputation: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
LOL, Did I not say back in my school days, plus Im only 25, of course back in the day would be when I was kid. The simple fact that you called dogs domesticated animals but yet you didn't know that most of your daily diet involves domesticated animals shows you obviously dont get it
I do look at hunting for any reason other than food the same way as the dog fighting...hence I won't go hunting myself or watch hunting shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
815 posts, read 1,845,223 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I do look at hunting for any reason other than food the same way as the dog fighting...hence I won't go hunting myself or watch hunting shows.

I agree with you sir 110%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,678,757 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Pigs and cows are domesticated and pigs actually are much more intelligent than dogs, but yet they are led to the slaughter house daily by the thousands. And by the way have you ever seen how they are killed in a slaughter house??? Imagine if your family was placed on a conveyor belt and you were the last one in line, you basically would watch as your parents and siblings were killed and sliced up as you waited your turn to undergo the same treatment.

Do we eat dogs in this county? No. I agree and support Vick but please don't make the argument that we kill cows and pigs so what he did was okay. Also I have seen Cows slaughtered and none of them were drowned or hung.

Another things that is curious to me is your "friends" putting M-80 on deers necks. I have been deer hunting only once but have seen deer in the forest. Each time they would run at the slightest noise or movement towards them. So it's some what amazing that you were able to walk up to one, strap M-80s on it and it stood there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Maryland Eastern Shore
969 posts, read 2,523,661 times
Reputation: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So it's some what amazing that you were able to walk up to one, strap M-80s on it and it stood there.
Must have been the "domesticated" deer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
2,290 posts, read 5,049,976 times
Reputation: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
How ironic, I used to despise the Eagles. But now that they signed Mike Vick I have become a fan overnight. Its still about #2 Matty (Ice) Ryan and my Dirty Birds, but I will always be a #7 fan and have been a #7 fan since he played for the Hokies. Black Atlanta will always love you #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Co-sign. Black Atlanta will always support Vick. Love for White players too; but love for Vick because he's a brother and because we know that he's been judged by hypocritical moral standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC
402 posts, read 761,631 times
Reputation: 231
Default Let him play

I for one am a Redskin fan and don't like the Eagles but I wish Vick the best of luck. What he did was wrong, and frankly just plain strange. I for one would get no enjoyment out of attending a dog fight. However, I wanted the Redskins to sign him, and believe in second chances. Everyone here bashing him has problems and sins just like he does. People saying there are still morals and it is immoral to sign him, I disagree. It is wrong to black list all people who make poor judgement calls. Give him a chance. Also, I don't get the point about Eagles fans being hypocrites. Sure, if the Cowboys signed him the Eagles fans would jeer and taunt him, but thats true with every player. Do you think if McNabb played for the Cowboys that Eagles fans would love him? Of course not. Thats just sports. You root for your players and not the other teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top