U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 06:46 AM

32,469 posts, read 17,797,924 times

Advertisements

Hate to say it, but I would rather see NU in the Big XII championship than KSU. Although I am a KSU fan, their inconsistency this season makes me believe NU will give TX a better game.

And anything can happen in the North/South match up simply because the South is so sure it will stomp whoever represents the north Big XII.

I think the OU/OSU will be more fun to watch than the Bix XII championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 AM

4,925 posts, read 9,798,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I thought it would be their 113th. LOL.
It just seems like it...

Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 AM

3,284 posts, read 2,875,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Hate to say it, but I would rather see NU in the Big XII championship than KSU. Although I am a KSU fan, their inconsistency this season makes me believe NU will give TX a better game.

And anything can happen in the North/South match up simply because the South is so sure it will stomp whoever represents the north Big XII.

I think the OU/OSU will be more fun to watch than the Bix XII championship.
Yeah, the big XII championship is kind of a bust this year. There really isn't a second team on Texas' level. If anyone, I would say Okie State would be the best game.

We'll see though. Maybe Texas will play like **** that day.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:03 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Yeah, the big XII championship is kind of a bust this year. There really isn't a second team on Texas' level. If anyone, I would say Okie State would be the best game.

They already stomped oSu in Stillwater. Wasn't a good game at all.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:29 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,825,623 times
Nevada makes history in its 63-20 win vs NMSU by having the only team in NCAA history to have three 1,000 yards rushers.

Onto Boise State next week, this game will be epic!!

Old 11-22-2009, 05:27 AM

32,469 posts, read 17,797,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post

Actually, the old saying is quite true..."On any given day.." Looks like Nebraska will have a chance to show the world a glimpse of their old glory when they meet up with Texas in the Big XII championship. Anyone remember when Nebraska was a perennial powerhouse? Back when Osborne was with them?

And OU gets spanked again! I have always liked Texas Tech. Now the bowl games are almost upon us. Good time of year!

Old 11-27-2009, 07:11 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,773,491 times
That Lone Star Shootout was good last night. Texas took it (as expected) but it wasn't easy (as expected). The Aggs deserve credit for keeping it close.

I'm in Philly for thanksgiving so I'm gonna watch the Owls today.

Also if we're not on the road im gonna try and watch the Iron Bowl.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:11 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,083,322 times
Could I ask a question?
I'm really dumb about college football but this is my question.
If the best of each division do not ever play each other, how do they judge the best team?
ESPN has that Florida is nbr 1 and Alabama nbr 2, when and if they play each other, will the winner be the best team in the nation without ever playing other very good teams?
I would really like to understand how this works.
Thanks

Old 11-27-2009, 10:36 AM

709 posts, read 1,928,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Could I ask a question?
I'm really dumb about college football but this is my question.
If the best of each division do not ever play each other, how do they judge the best team?
ESPN has that Florida is nbr 1 and Alabama nbr 2, when and if they play each other, will the winner be the best team in the nation without ever playing other very good teams?
I would really like to understand how this works.
Thanks
It's all subjective, you see there are polls where coaches, sports people, fans and computers, vote for the team they think should be #1,2,3 ect.
The BCS poll is the one that counts for determining the national champion.
The two teams that are #1 and #2 is this poll will play for the national championship. This year there still 6 undefeated teams, which were voted into the position they are in #1 thru #6 out of the 6 only Alabama and Florida will play each other before the final polls are out.

Now consider this, if #2 Alabama beats #1 Florida and #3 Texas loses to unranked Nebraska will #4 TCU move up to #2 or will more voters think Florida is better than TCU and only drop Florida to #2. That would mean Alabama and Florida would play again for the national champship.

It all depends on those that get to vote in the polls.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:27 AM

369 posts, read 689,663 times
As a Florida fan, No that would never work, Florida, Bama, and Texas need to win out to go to the NC Game. In all likelihood the SEC team will play Texas. If for whatever reason Texas loses, TCU would go to #2. No way Florida jumps TCU they played many difficult teams this year and has been dominating and i think the press are also behind the Horned Frogs. It would be a travesty if they got shortchanged like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football