U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 04:23 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
A couple of big games tomorrow night: Obviously as I mentioned earlier, Alabama and VT at 8 et, on ABC, this one's being played in Atlanta. Also BYU and Oklahoma, both teams are ranked.
Big game TONIGHT!! TU vs Tulane. 7 pm CST ESPN

Last years #1 offense reloaded. I'm interested to see how good this new QB is (GJ Kinne). He had a sick HS career, SR year he threw for like 48 tds and only 1 int. Went to Texas but didn't play, he transferred to Tulsa and got the starting job.

Last year FR All-American Damaris Johnson should be improved as well.

Tulsa is a really fun team to watch.

Stoked on FB right now!!!

Big game on Sunday too!! sweet!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 04:34 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,789 times
Tulsa should be fun to listen too, but can't wait for tomorrow, you know the real sports season is starting!

Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 PM

756 posts, read 1,714,814 times
Subject: NCAA Investigation and Ruling on Brandon Deadrick

[SIZE=2]The NCAA has received word that Alabama DL Brandon Deaderick received an
improper benefit Tuesday night when he received a free bullet along with a
hole in the arm that is not available to regular students at the U of A.
Accordingly, Deaderick will have to sit out Saturday's game with Va Tech
unless he can find the shooter and reimburse him for the cost of the
bullet.
[/SIZE]

Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 PM

Tulsa up 17-0 on Tulane with 10.21 togo until the half.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:19 PM

623 posts, read 1,349,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinovelvet View Post
Wow, I am so "shocked" that someone with the name of VolDude would make such a comment. Its obvious that some people believe that the NC is strictly reserved for certain "elite" conferences, and teams not within have no right to belong in such conversations.
Its a no wonder why college football is fighting the playoff system so avidly. It would be such a "shame" to see a team like Utah to shame the Vols in front of a national audience and another BCS team the week after(assuming that the Vols would actually make it somewhere any time soon).
Under the current system, no team with the crappy, junk schedules of those two teams deserves a spot in the NC game. Place those teams in a quality conference and they lose a few, minimum. If that makes me an elitist, so be it. The WAC and MWC are 2nd rate.

Me being a UT fan has nothing to do with it.

I'm for a 8 team playoff.

I have no clue the relevance of Utah hypothetically beating UT then beating another BCS team. We're not scheduled to play Utah and there is certainly no plus one or post season bracket like that, but okay.

Now go speak on other things you know absolutely nothing about. Maybe next you can hype up the Toronto Argonaunts for the Super Bowl.

Last edited by VolDude; 09-04-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 09-05-2009, 03:14 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,680,579 times
Default instate rivalry game with extra police

University of Louisiana at Lafayette is playing Southern U today. Local news is reporting extra police are being called in for this game. I'm not going anywhere near this game. I'll be shocked if there are no fights, stabbings, or shootings before, during, or after the game.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
University of Louisiana at Lafayette is playing Southern U today. Local news is reporting extra police are being called in for this game. I'm not going anywhere near this game. I'll be shocked if there are no fights, stabbings, or shootings before, during, or after the game.
Be sure to keep us updated!

Old 09-05-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Be sure to keep us updated!
Our local paper today said police would be out in force before, during, and after the game,...including the local university bar strip.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Our local paper today said police would be out in force before, during, and after the game,...including the local university bar strip.
Whats the history behind these two teams? Sounds pretty intense, and espiscally for the first game of College Ball!

Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Whats the history behind these two teams? Sounds pretty intense, and espiscally for the first game of College Ball!
Honestly, I've only recently gotten into college football via my wife (married 2006) who is a HUGE LSU fan. Normally I hear of UL Lafayette vs UL Monroe (both Louisiana) being a friendly in state and in division rivally. But I haven't seen reports of extra police being called up. Maybe they're getting over prepared because of Southern U. being a majority black college. Maybe the local police have inside intell on something that may go down. Keep in mind that our city, Lafayette, has many hurricane Katrina evacuees. They expect the biggest attendence for this game (small by large university standards).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football