U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 08:28 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,472,000 times

Advertisements

Regarding all bowl games----interesting to see how many players from different teams get suspended between the end of the season and the bowl games.

Happens every year, I doubt this year will be any different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 09:25 AM

3,284 posts, read 2,870,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Much like they held Navy and Purdue under 24? I think we top that with little problem. Heck, SC scored what 18 (and that is the best they played all season)?
No, I think you were just looking for a reason to get defensive about your team and their conference. I simply stated the PAC10 was not as weak as people thought, and you CHOSE to interpret it in a negative way. Not my problem.

I think those pissing matches are more appropriate in foxsports forums.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
So does this mean Boise State is the Pac 10 champ? LOL.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Heck; had Purdue not handed the Ducks a couple of touchdowns; they could have won that game going away.

To think; the Rose Bowl will feature a team that Purdue pretty much dominated; and another team that we gave away the game to them.

Ahhh, BOILER UP!!
Well, I now realize why so many of your Big 10 foes call you "Purdon't"

Dominated is such a strong word, outplayed yes, dominated no. Turnovers are a part of the game. Heck, we had 4 times as many penalites, including what, 2 personal fouls on one of your drives. It's all apart of the game. Besides, just be glad you got us early in the season when we were in meltdown-turmoil mode, because ain't no way you'd stay within 20 points now.

Last edited by Acuda; 12-04-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
So does this mean Boise State is the Pac 10 champ? LOL.
Hey now!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
No, I think you were just looking for a reason to get defensive about your team and their conference. I simply stated the PAC10 was not as weak as people thought, and you CHOSE to interpret it in a negative way. Not my problem.

I think those pissing matches are more appropriate in foxsports forums.
I hear what you are saying. I'm not defensive, just replying to a comment I felt was rather enigmatic. I disagree that the Pac-10 has been looked at as weak this year. They have consistently had 4-5 teams ranked in the Top 25, so the media has looked quite favorable on them this year (better then years past). Being a "defensive" Pac-10 fan, I'm pleased the way our conference played out and I believe our teams after a tough conference schedule will show well during bowl season.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Well, I now realize why so many of your Big 10 foes call you "Purdon't"

Dominated is such a strong word, outplayed yes, dominated no. Turnovers are a part of the game. Heck, we had 4 times as many penalites, including what, 2 personal fouls on one of your drives. It's all apart of the game. Besides, just be glad you got us early in the season when we were in meltdown-turmoil mode, because ain't no way you'd stay within 20 points now.
Wait, you dominated OSU, huh? I read it wrong. You did outplay us though.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:45 PM

7,238 posts, read 8,245,233 times
So who do you all have in the Alabama-Florida game today?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM

366 posts, read 234,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
So who do you all have in the Alabama-Florida game today?

The best scenario is if they would both lose. No offense to you CANES (you are a GOOD egg), but I cannot stand the SEC. I've grown tired of all the "SEC is the only conference" crap.

I will be rooting for WHOMEVER plays either team in the National Championship. I'm a Sooner fan and I will be rooting for the Texas Longhorns for crying out loud. And BTW, I KNOW the Sooners SUCK and have sucked for the last 7 years. Losing title games like they have for 7 years is embarrassing, LOL. Bob Stoops can take his CLOWN GAME and go to Notre Dame and make them a laughing stock in title games for all I care. I'd rather the Sooners be known as fighters rather than a whimpish team that gets to title games and chokes horribly year after year. And I'm serious. "Chokelahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

The best scenario would be Texas losing to Nebraska and TCU going to the title game and winning against the SEC. TCU is a FINE team that deserves to play for the title game.

I'm Sorry. Seriously, that's the way I feel. And the media's love fest with Tebow needs to end for one. The SEC is almost like the Notre Dame of college football. It's a never-ending love-fest with this conference and about how wonderful they are. PUKE!

Last edited by free_food; 12-05-2009 at 12:07 AM..

Old 12-05-2009, 03:19 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,772,100 times
Can't worry about it too much. The media really equals ESPN in this case. I have other places to get college football news from and Bleacher Report is fun fan made site that has a wide variety of opinion.

I feel your pain on the SEC love fest, my team Virginia is in the ACC we get much worse press than you guys in the Big 12 (south anyways).

For tommorows game, I say Florida by a hair. Will probably be close and down to wire type of game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football