U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 06:44 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
I will be rooting for WHOMEVER plays either team in the National Championship. I'm a Sooner fan and I will be rooting for the Texas Longhorns for crying out loud. And BTW, I KNOW the Sooners SUCK and have sucked for the last 7 years. Losing title games like they have for 7 years is embarrassing, LOL. Bob Stoops can take his CLOWN GAME and go to Notre Dame and make them a laughing stock in title games for all I care. I'd rather the Sooners be known as fighters rather than a whimpish team that gets to title games and chokes horribly year after year. And I'm serious. "Chokelahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

I'm Sorry. Seriously, that's the way I feel. And the media's love fest with Tebow needs to end for one. The SEC is almost like the Notre Dame of college football. It's a never-ending love-fest with this conference and about how wonderful they are. PUKE!
I'm going to request that you turn in your Sooners fancard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 07:22 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,474,122 times
[quote=waltlantz;11898171]Can't worry about it too much. The media really equals ESPN in this case. I have other places to get college football news from and Bleacher Report is fun fan made site that has a wide variety of opinion.

I feel your pain on the SEC love fest, my team Virginia is in the ACC we get much worse press than you guys in the Big 12 (south anyways).

For tommorows game, I say Florida by a hair. Will probably be close and down to wire type of game.[/quote

--" my team Virginia is in the ACC we get much worse press"--

If Virginia would be playing in the ACC championship game, maybe they would get better press.

I supose Purdue fans and Washinton State fans could complain that they also should get more press.

Maybe the reason the ACC isn't getting a lot of press is because the 2 teams playing in the ACC Championship both lost their final regular season games to 2 --average-- SEC teams.

Like it or not, the SEC has the powerhouses in college football.

I'm a Big Ten fan, but I don't wear blinders.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,803,073 times
Quote:
The best scenario is if they would both lose. No offense to you CANES (you are a GOOD egg), but I cannot stand the SEC. I've grown tired of all the "SEC is the only conference" crap.

I will be rooting for WHOMEVER plays either team in the National Championship. I'm a Sooner fan and I will be rooting for the Texas Longhorns for crying out loud. And BTW, I KNOW the Sooners SUCK and have sucked for the last 7 years. Losing title games like they have for 7 years is embarrassing, LOL. Bob Stoops can take his CLOWN GAME and go to Notre Dame and make them a laughing stock in title games for all I care. I'd rather the Sooners be known as fighters rather than a whimpish team that gets to title games and chokes horribly year after year. And I'm serious. "Chokelahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!"

The best scenario would be Texas losing to Nebraska and TCU going to the title game and winning against the SEC. TCU is a FINE team that deserves to play for the title game.

I'm Sorry. Seriously, that's the way I feel. And the media's love fest with Tebow needs to end for one. The SEC is almost like the Notre Dame of college football. It's a never-ending love-fest with this conference and about how wonderful they are. PUKE!
As a Razorback fan who lives on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border, I feel the exact opposite as you. I live amongst a population of Sooner bandwagon fans and they drive me nuts!! Nothing makes me happier than to see the OU football team fall flat on their collective face.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 AM

366 posts, read 234,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
As a Razorback fan who lives on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border, I feel the exact opposite as you. I live amongst a population of Sooner bandwagon fans and they drive me nuts!! Nothing makes me happier than to see the OU football team fall flat on their collective face.
Well you certainly have gotten your fill over the last several years Dr. Foosball haven't you? They've botched more than their fair share of National Championship attempts!

FWIW, I've never disliked the Razorbacks. I've always rooted for them because I like the good people of Arkansas. But then again, they've never enjoyed 1/10th the success of the Sooner program. Of course, not many have.

Back to Cane's post. I think Florida will put a whoopin' on Alabama today. IMO, the Florida/Alabama game will be similar to the old NFC Championship of the 80s where whomever played in that game went on to win the Superbowl. Of course I hope that the SEC gets their butts whipped by Texas or (especially) TCU when they get there but of course I know it won't be easy. As much as I hate the SEC and all the press they get, Florida is one ***** of a good team.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:52 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,229 times
Quote:
gets their butts whipped by Texas
You're only one out of a thousand Sooner fans that would ever utter those words.

**** Texas.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
You're only one out of a thousand Sooner fans that would ever utter those words.

**** Texas.

I'm a Sooner fan first and a Big XII fan second. I hope that the Big XII represents if they get to the title game. However, I DO hope that Nebraska beats Texas and TCU goes to the big dance. TCU deserves to be in there for sure. Don't take this all too seriously, it's just sports and not life nevergoingback. You're a good fan and I appreciate that very much. Nothing but hope for Sooner success in the future my friend; whether you disagree with me or not.

PS. I can understand your anger at me. I sometimes p*** myself off. You're not alone!

Last edited by free_food; 12-05-2009 at 12:01 PM..

Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 AM

3,284 posts, read 2,871,386 times
Quote:
You're a good fan and I appreciate that very much. Nothing but hope for Sooner success in the future my friend; whether you disagree with me or not.
The Sooners will be back as early as next year. Between injuries and the constant mental breakdowns of the 2009 team, they could have been much better.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
The Sooners will be back as early as next year. Between injuries and the constant mental breakdowns of the 2009 team, they could have been much better.
As for tonight, I am ROOTING for the Huskers! Dangit, even when OU and Nebraska were beating the crap out of each other I liked Nebraska (even though of course I wanted OU to win). Some of the best football fans in the whole country! Go NE tonight!

Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,369,371 times
I cant decide if this Pitt Cincy game is sloppy, or well played. Either way its fun to watch.

edit---its a slop fest, missed PATs in big spots, sheesh

Last edited by Orangeish; 12-05-2009 at 01:28 PM..

Old 12-05-2009, 01:38 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,553,915 times
It is a sloppy Cincinnati win 45-44 over Pittsburgh. Great comeback win being that they were down to Pittsburgh early in the game 31-10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football