U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 10:04 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,524,338 times

Advertisements

1st time I ever see this Tebow guy, as I usually only watch Pac 10 games, and I see the last 2 minutes of this game, and hes crying like a little girl. This is the guy all the sports radio jocks have a man crush on? Wow how funny. Cry in Wins, but in losses, I was embarrassed for the entire male gender. Tebow, hand over your manhood back to your maker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,576 times
Would ESPN loose out on so much money if they just plainly said;

"As of right now all information revolving right now is rumor and there is NO WORD ON THE NOTRE DAME COACH POSITION AT THIS TIME"?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 PM

977 posts, read 1,629,417 times
Big 12 Championship game =
BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS BSBSBSBS

McCoy did NOTHING all night. He can go lick balls. Good thing Texas had that last "drive" served to them on a silver platter. Did they even gain 10 yards on that drive?

Texas just needs to do one favor to mankind, and that is crush Alabama.

On an interesting side note, did anyone else notice how much Florida's offense (and defense) suck when they're not playing a Sun Belt or FCS team? LOL @ Tebow crying.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:18 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times
Yes, being a tennis fan I am not usually one to make fun of a athlete crying, as these competitions can leave you so drained physically that all you have left sometimes is tears...but the guy has won national championshipS, a Heisman and is going to be drafted into the NFL. Show a little balls and take the loss like a man, it's not like his career is over.

Texas got really lucky, which is a shame b/c TCU, 'Bama was the matchup I wanted all along.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 PM

1,779 posts, read 3,484,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Big 12 Championship game =
BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS BSBSBSBS

McCoy did NOTHING all night. He can go lick balls. Good thing Texas had that last "drive" served to them on a silver platter. Did they even gain 10 yards on that drive?

Texas just needs to do one favor to mankind, and that is crush Alabama.

On an interesting side note, did anyone else notice how much Florida's offense (and defense) suck when they're not playing a Sun Belt or FCS team? LOL @ Tebow crying.
I agree. Nebraska got royally screwed over by the refs.

Questionable pass interference call sets up Texas TD.

Terrible, blatantly biased pass interference call sets up Texas FG. The receiver gave up on the route for crying out loud!

A series of biased bad calls sets up winning Texas FG.

And to add insult to injury they named Colt McCoy player of the game.

Wihtout a doubt Ndamokong Suh was the best player that game.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,576 times
Default Regular Season Thoughts

I don't know if they could do that, after all Nebraska had NO offense.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. Bo Pelini will preside over an interesting time in Cornhusker football at least.

Anyways, over looking the eons of rebuilding my Virginia Cavaliers will have do after firing Groh, overall a great year.

I don't normally like all this conference scrutiny but I'll take my stab at it.

The Big East continues to prove it can field competitive (Cincy, Pitt, WVU) teams and definetly deflects any criticism that they don't deserve automatic qualification. (if only Syracuse could wake up!) Rutgers and UConn have done a great job building up but they seem to be at a ceiling with coaches Schiano and Edsall respectively. THey are decent coaches but They need great coaches to make up for the talent gap between them and other conferences. (case in point Brian Kelley).

If the ACC was being measured by the yardstick of having a dominant team, then they failed. Miami, VTech, Georgia Tech all had reasonably solid years. UNC needs a little work to be up with them.

The Big 10 had solid in unspectacular teams in perrenial players Ohio State, Penn State and Iowa. Everyone else included vaunted Michigan needs work.

The Big 12, all Texas. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State should be interesting in following years. Once again, South easily against North although Nebraska should rise up in a few years. I have heard good things about Mizzou as well. Too bad about the breakdown at Kansas. Hopefully they can be competitive again in a few years.

SEC: I think the conference proved it was human. You had the excellent teams of Florida and Alabama. LSU was very good. No one else really shot up the charts like in years past. Proves that even dynasty teams can have off years.

Pac 10 did a great job looking more like a conference and not a a doormat to USC. Places like Cal, Arizona, UCLA need some work but aren't bad. Stanford, Oregon and Oregon State put forth solid years. USC, i dunno what to say but they were not Pac-10 royalty this year. Honorable mention goes to Steve Sarkisian's Huskies for a great improvement over a dysmal season last year, keep the staff, up recruiting and I think they will be competitive in a few years.

Not much to say about the Fighting Irish that everyone doesn't already know.

Outliers; TCU, Boise State and Houston were all solid teams from what I understand. If only they could get a chance to really prove themselves.

Favorite game?

Easily The Big 12 Championship game with Texas barely escaping Nebraska. Runner up is Washington's upset of USC (love underdog upsets).

Here's to great bowl games. (Hopefully Virginia will make it back to one before I qualify for a pension).

Old 12-06-2009, 12:11 AM

1,779 posts, read 3,484,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
I don't know if they could do that, after all Nebraska had NO offense.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. Bo Pelini will preside over an interesting time in Cornhusker football at least.

Anyways, over looking the eons of rebuilding my Virginia Cavaliers will have do after firing Groh, overall a great year.

I don't normally like all this conference scrutiny but I'll take my stab at it.

The Big East continues to prove it can field competitive (Cincy, Pitt, WVU) teams and definetly deflects any criticism that they don't deserve automatic qualification. (if only Syracuse could wake up!) Rutgers and UConn have done a great job building up but they seem to be at a ceiling with coaches Schiano and Edsall respectively. THey are decent coaches but They need great coaches to make up for the talent gap between them and other conferences. (case in point Brian Kelley).

If the ACC was being measured by the yardstick of having a dominant team, then they failed. Miami, VTech, Georgia Tech all had reasonably solid years. UNC needs a little work to be up with them.

The Big 10 had solid in unspectacular teams in perrenial players Ohio State, Penn State and Iowa. Everyone else included vaunted Michigan needs work.

The Big 12, all Texas. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State should be interesting in following years. Once again, South easily against North although Nebraska should rise up in a few years. I have heard good things about Mizzou as well. Too bad about the breakdown at Kansas. Hopefully they can be competitive again in a few years.

SEC: I think the conference proved it was human. You had the excellent teams of Florida and Alabama. LSU was very good. No one else really shot up the charts like in years past. Proves that even dynasty teams can have off years.

Pac 10 did a great job looking more like a conference and not a a doormat to USC. Places like Cal, Arizona, UCLA need some work but aren't bad. Stanford, Oregon and Oregon State put forth solid years. USC, i dunno what to say but they were not Pac-10 royalty this year. Honorable mention goes to Steve Sarkisian's Huskies for a great improvement over a dysmal season last year, keep the staff, up recruiting and I think they will be competitive in a few years.

Not much to say about the Fighting Irish that everyone doesn't already know.

Outliers; TCU, Boise State and Houston were all solid teams from what I understand. If only they could get a chance to really prove themselves.

Favorite game?

Easily The Big 12 Championship game with Texas barely escaping Nebraska. Runner up is Washington's upset of USC (love underdog upsets).

Here's to great bowl games. (Hopefully Virginia will make it back to one before I qualify for a pension).
One I really liked was Houston-Tulsa.

23 seconds left and down by a lot Houston scores a touchdown, gets a 2 pt conversion, recovers an onside kick and kicks a 50 something yard field goal for the clutch win. Easily the greatest comeback this season IMO....

Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times
walt---nice post, even though I am not sure how you enjoyed the Big12 game that much. Although it got better towards the end and had an exciting finish I found the game itself to be somewhat anticlimactic throughout and I would say the Cincy/Pitt game, while sloppy was the best game of the day.

To me this day just illustrated how great a playoff would be. Yes these games had meaning, but they also had an emptyness to them imo

Old 12-06-2009, 04:25 AM

366 posts, read 234,364 times
Texas had that game served up to them by the refs. Enjoy your "bowel" game Texas, you pretty much suck. The only good outcome of the night was crybaby Tebow, LOL!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:12 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,546,160 times
Looks like the National Championship was played last night as the Gators just got their butts kicked by Bama , they did not let up one bit on Florida so Kudos to the best team in the country,it looked like the old Bear Bryant teams of yore. Kick Texas Longthorn butt and make the the SEC Conference proud as the best in the land as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football