U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,378,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
PROTEST THE FIESTA BOWL!!!!

Seriously. I'd love to see TCU and Boise State do this as soon as the coin flips:

- Act as if you're going to kick the ball off.
- Then right before the kicker starts to run, walk off the field..... BOTH schools. Just walk off.
- Then the crowd from both schools come on the field carrying signs (and this is all LIVE on national tv) saying "NO PLAYOFFS, NO PLAY!"
-And both TCU and Boise's head coaches should get into a locker room with both their teams combined and sit in 60's style and not come out until the big heads who run the BCS listen to their demands.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
hahaha, awesome post. Instead of just walking off, I say both teams launch into a musical rendition of some protest song or something with carefully planned dance moves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 11:37 AM

16,541 posts, read 21,034,478 times
And then after the clubs walk of the field, the fans of BOTH clubs can walk ON the field and stage a sit in during the 3 hour telecast. Let me see, the Boise State fans can stage a potato throwing contest in true Idaho fashion! Idaho-land of potatoes! Then the TCU folks can start cranking up them bar-b-que grills right on the 50 yard line. Texas bar-b-que, YUMMO!! And the winner? NO ONE, certainly not the BCS committee!........................................ ................trying to inject a little humor here (very little)!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 AM

738 posts, read 2,630,118 times
Those should both be good games as well. I'll still watch as many games as I can, and definitely the BCS match-ups.

I would've liked to have seen Boise and TCU matched up against one of the big name teams just to see what they can do. I think it'll be a great game to see the two of them match up against each other, but it makes it tough to judge the performance since they're still from a "mid-major" conference. Still leaves you wondering what would happen against one of the big guys, and I think they'd give any of them just as good of a game - they're both solid teams.

Florida and Cincy - not sure what to think. Cincy has a pretty potent offense against Florida's defense, yeah, should be a good matchup there. I don't know what to think of Floridas offense against the Cincy D though, don't know enough about Cincy.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:57 PM

7,184 posts, read 16,303,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Pointless in Pasadena. Tide is going to roll huge. McClain is going to have a field day with Colt.

I'll call it 31-10. 'Bama. 2-3 td margin.
Let's hope this is exactly what the Bama players are thinking, too

Old 12-07-2009, 01:03 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,024,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Looks like OU vs Stanford in the Sun Bowl.
Looks like Stanford will be without their qb, Andrew Luck. I was on the fence on this game anyways, but I now think y'all will take them down comfortably. No way does the Cardinal pound the ball against that d of yours. Stanford will now be a one horse team that y'all be able to tee off on.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:31 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,756,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Can't wait till the bowls. What're the match-ups you guys are looking forwards to most?

Even though I would have liked to see TCU in one of the other big bowls I'm looking forward to the Fiesta Bowl. TCU vs. Boise State should be a very good game! I'm also looking foward to the Cotton Bowl with Ole Miss vs Ok State. I think that one should be a very interesting matchup. I'm also looking forward to the Alamo Bowl since I'm a Texas Tech alumnus and big Red Raiders fan. Finally, even though there's a lot of controversy, I'm looking forward to the BCS national championship game. I'll be rooting for UT but I think they'll have to play the best game they've played all year to have a chance to beat Alabama.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:47 PM
JJG

13,250 posts, read 19,235,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
And then after the clubs walk of the field, the fans of BOTH clubs can walk ON the field and stage a sit in during the 3 hour telecast. Let me see, the Boise State fans can stage a potato throwing contest in true Idaho fashion! Idaho-land of potatoes! Then the TCU folks can start cranking up them bar-b-que grills right on the 50 yard line. Texas bar-b-que, YUMMO!! And the winner? NO ONE, certainly not the BCS committee!........................................ ................trying to inject a little humor here (very little)!
LOL

The sad thing is, that could be more entertaining than the National Championship.

And to Longhorn and Tide fans..... I'm not saying it will be a boring game, I'm just saying it could be...

Old 12-07-2009, 07:05 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,774,439 times
My (tentative) bowl lineup in terms of magnitude

Full Course Feasts;

All BCS Bowls; most interested in Cincy-Florida Sugar Bowl

Salad Bowls;

Capital One, Cotton, Chick Fil A, Holiday and Sun

Mainly just cause as of this year, these have all other ranked teams not in BCS bowls.

Snack Bowls;

St. Petersburg (interested in Rutgers' young squad)

Gaylord (Interested in Brooks' job at UK)

EagleBank (gotta support second home town team in Temple)

Old 12-07-2009, 07:37 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,863,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Looks like Stanford will be without their qb, Andrew Luck. I was on the fence on this game anyways, but I now think y'all will take them down comfortably. No way does the Cardinal pound the ball against that d of yours. Stanford will now be a one horse team that y'all be able to tee off on.
Yeah I was on the fence as well until todays news.

I agree with your assesment, altough if the wrong OU team shows up, there will be nothing comfortable about it.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:41 PM

7,184 posts, read 16,303,684 times
Vegas thinks the biggest mismatch is Florida-Cincy, with Florida the 10.5 point favorites. Kinda funny considering Cincy ranked #3 over Florida in the final BCS.

Another interesting bowl mismatch appears to be Texas Tech vs. Michigan State.

High scoring games? Vegas expects Texas A&M v. Georgia to be a 63-65 point affair.

BCS Championship: Bama a 4 point fav over the Longhorns. Wasn't that the same amount Florida was favored over Alabama in the SEC championship? Anyway, I guess a bet on Bama is money in the bank, right? Only need to cover 4 points? Oklahoma fans should be mortgaging their trailers right about now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football