U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 PM

6,879 posts, read 10,905,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic Bessemer View Post
Roll Tide!!

Bama will crush Texas!
Texas shouldn't even show up. Save ourselves the embarrassment.

Is there still time for me to cancel my airfare to LA? Maybe I can just reschedule it for a few days earlier, and drive to see a real bowl game, like the Fiesta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Let's hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bama looks much, much better.
Plus, they've got Saban with 30 days to prepare. We're doomed!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:58 AM

4,580 posts, read 9,682,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
I agree about Bama and Cincy. I LOVE Cincy but honestly they haven't faced such talent all year. Then again there was that Bama-Utah fiasco.....

Florida hasnt exactly faced much talent this year and when they did(Alabama) they lost, at least Cincy can beat ranked teams.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:25 PM

1,941 posts, read 1,973,626 times
Texas shouldn't even show up. Save ourselves the embarrassment.

Yeah, didn't everyone write Texas off when they upset USC in the NC. Heck, I know everyone on the West Coast did.

Is there still time for me to cancel my airfare to LA? Maybe I can just reschedule it for a few days earlier, and drive to see a real bowl game, [b]like the Fiesta

Or live it up in raucous El Paso for the Sun Bowl.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:54 PM
JJG

10,853 posts, read 10,481,206 times
Just wanna congratulate my school Prairie View A&M for winning their first SWAC Championship in football!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Did anyone see Mark Ingram's Heisman acceptance speech? Good, humble kid. I liked that he won, and got Bama's first Heisman.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:04 PM

13,241 posts, read 12,462,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Did anyone see Mark Ingram's Heisman acceptance speech? Good, humble kid. I liked that he won, and got Bama's first Heisman.
Yep, me too! He was obviously nervous at first but seemed a little better as he was talking more. Good for him!

Old 12-12-2009, 10:01 PM

2,799 posts, read 5,459,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just wanna congratulate my school Prairie View A&M for winning their first SWAC Championship in football!!!
Somebody is doing a good coaching and/or recruiting job there because for many years if you looked up the term "doormat" in the dictionary, you saw a picture of the Prairie View A&M football team. Congrats to the football team for winning the SWAC.

The football team isn't the only program at the school that has turned things around - the basketball team was also horrible in the 1990's and now they are one of the better programs in the SWAC, or at least they are very competitive.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 PM

2,799 posts, read 5,459,271 times
We now know Temple will play UCLA in the EagleBank Bowl. I think the Bruins will win but I'll be there cheering on the Owls.

Also, the Division I-AA (i.e. FCS) championship game is now set; it will be Villanova vs. Montana, the top two ranked teams going into the playoffs in Division I-AA. Both teams won tight games at home in the semifinals. Hopefully the team from the Philadelphia Main Line will bring home their first national championship in football.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:05 PM

6,103 posts, read 5,417,294 times
Navy continues to dominate Army in recent years, really thought Army would pull it out in the first half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football