U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 08:33 PM

32,425 posts, read 17,759,893 times

Advertisements

BYU hands OU their first loss of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Losing Bradford cost OU the game, the Fresh QB looked almost lost.
really? I thought he looked pretty good. He didn't lose that game, SB didn't look much better. I swear the play calling toniight looked like a different team.

Congrats to BYU, handled it with class. solid FB team.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:52 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,670,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
really? I thought he looked pretty good. He didn't lose that game, SB didn't look much better. I swear the play calling toniight looked like a different team.

Congrats to BYU, handled it with class. solid FB team.

I think Bradford would have not gotten the delay of game and Jones had some not very accurate passes. Bradford wasn't on tonight but I think he could have completed those. I guess I should say OU's O-line lost the game. You guys should be okay the next couple weeks as long as Bradford is back for Miami.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:33 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,921,893 times
One thing's for sure, the two Techs are the class of the ACC. UVA and UMD need to step it up.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:57 PM

7,218 posts, read 8,233,397 times
How does UVA lose to William&Mary?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:11 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,678,118 times
Washington Huskies, even if they don't win, gave LSU a good fight. LSU played below expectations and the Huskies played much better than expected. If the Huskies can continue to play like this the rest of the season then they'll do very good this year. Props to the Huskies for a good fight.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:20 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Washington Huskies, even if they don't win, gave LSU a good fight. LSU played below expectations and the Huskies played much better than expected. If the Huskies can continue to play like this the rest of the season then they'll do very good this year. Props to the Huskies for a good fight.
Just watching it now, really giving LSU a fight, not all said and done yet though.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,678,118 times
So far it looks like the fears were unfounded or their precautions prevented any real trouble for the UL Lafayette vs Southern U game. Cajuns beat the Jags and the police are out in force for directing traffic (outside popular club) and patrolling the area night clubs. There were some problems with public intoxication, people walking around drunk in areas where this didn't normally happen, but that's minor stuff.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:28 AM

21 posts, read 43,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
Under the current system, no team with the crappy, junk schedules of those two teams deserves a spot in the NC game. Place those teams in a quality conference and they lose a few, minimum. If that makes me an elitist, so be it. The WAC and MWC are 2nd rate.

Now go speak on other things you know absolutely nothing about. Maybe next you can hype up the Toronto Argonaunts for the Super Bowl.
That does make you an elitist and biased, so I’m going to spend no more time with you. I have no time to make educated arguments with someone that sees one-sided.
Your argument basically says that any BCS team, notice I bolded the BS in BCS, is in a “quality” conference. Yet year after year, we see BCS teams make it into the NCG, or other comparable bowl games such as the Rose Bowl, even though their conferences stunk. They end up getting spanked and people wish they could’ve seen what a real bowl game looks like: two of the better teams in college football fighting and not a lopsided game between a real team and a pretender.
Ala: Ohio State makes it to the NCG with an 11-12 record in 2008. However, their biggest contenders in the “Big 10” are Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State who finish 9-4. Yeah, what a “quality” conference that was. Speaking of, Illinois makes it to the Rose Bowl that year and gets their ass spanked by USC 49-17.
And don’t even get me started on Pac-10 football recently. Even though I pledge allegiance to Pac-10 football, it was what it was.

And really, calling the Mountain West Conference schedules crappy, and junky just shows your level of ignorance towards the conference. Utah, TCU and BYU by themselves are very quality teams that are often top 25 teams. And while the world isn’t a perfect place, you can’t argue that these teams don’t try to have tough schedules: Utah v. Oregon, BYU v. Oklahoma. Speaking of, and I can assume you will make excuses for Oklahoma, BYU beats Oklahoma yesterday.
At the very worst, this is a respectable conference.

At the end of the day, you and I can argue all day, and by the looks of the time and day of your last post (11:19 p.m. on a Friday night) you certainly have a lot of time on your hands, about what team is “worthier” of a higher seed than the other based on their conference. We can go deeper into this issue by arguing who played who outside of their conference and whatever you can think of that makes you believe your conference is stronger (believe me, this stuff has been argued to death). But a team that goes undefeated in a respectable conference, shouldn’t be dabbed in the ass because they don’t play for a non-BCS conference. Especially considering the fact that such a team has shown consistency in the past few years.

I don't see how arguing that a team should be given some minimal consideration for their final game the previous years makes it that I know nothing about this. The argument is that there should be some considerations that are not human/computer related, since we all see the flaw in that system.
The simple fact that your entire argument is conclusory and is unsupported by nothing more than your personal opinion speaks highly of your knowledge and bias.

Last edited by latinovelvet; 09-06-2009 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-06-2009, 11:49 AM

629 posts, read 3,302,584 times
Roll Tide !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football