U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 AM

623 posts, read 1,348,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
The guy is a devoted Christian that strives to live his life by God's Word.

You'd feel better if he were just another thug dotting the police blotters and never actually seeing the inside of a college classroom as he uses the university as a springboard to the NFL?

So you don't like him.......probably because he lit up your team a few times, as he did so many others. Bashing him for the quoted comments makes me think only one thing:

Who's the real douche bag here?
Other guys have NOTHING to do with it.

I believe Tebow either chooses to ignore Matthew 6:2 or that verse has been blacked out in every Bible he's owned or read.

Quote:
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Tebow loves to talk about how great he is. Thank Jesus he's gone from CFB forever, but I fear he'll continue his tired, obviously sanctimonious act from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,798,471 times
I sure hope some of the people saying that Boise is less deserving because they only play one or two good teams a year also say the same thing about Texas. The Big 12 is a joke and I bet Boise would have the same record if they played Texas' schedule this year.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM

623 posts, read 1,348,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I sure hope some of the people saying that Boise is less deserving because they only play one or two good teams a year also say the same thing about Texas. The Big 12 is a joke and I bet Boise would have the same record if they played Texas' schedule this year.
The Longhorns SOS was roundly rated much better than Boise's.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:02 PM

1,356 posts, read 5,470,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
So where should Boise State be ranked in the final poll? #1, #2, #3???
There were four undefeated teams. TCU was generally recognized as a solid team. In fact, some on ESPN said they should be considered for the title game over Texas.

So it seems to me that the winners of the two games played the four undefeated teams should be ranked 1-2. What we are really missing here is a final game between BSU and the winner of the title game. If the BCS was a legitimate system then BSU should have played Alabama and TCU should have played Texas with the two winners squaring off. Actually, we should have had 8-12 teams involved with less than five weeks between games.

If I had a vote I would put Boise State as co-champions with Texas or Alabama. Not that I necessarily think they are the best team in the nation, but under the current BCS system there is no way to know for sure. So I would vote for co-champions just to rattle the cages a little bit.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
A perfect bowl season for ngb? We shall see tonight.

Sooners win? Check.
Defeat on the face of Les Miles? Check.
oSu meltdown on a national stage? Check.
Texas loses to 'Bama? ???????????.

I will probably only type the following words once in my life... Roll Tide!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:47 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Boise just barely squeaked out of Tulsa with a win this season. Jes sayin.

I'm not saying Texas is better than BSU.

I'm saying Texas played more and beat alot better teams this year than BSU did.

If there were a +1 system in place, I would have no problem with BSU playing the winner of tonights game. This is one year where a +1 would work very well. ( I guess)

Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,169,167 times
No +1.... PLAYOFF!

If we have a +1, we still keep the same corupt system we have. The only difference is, it will drag on a bit longer.....

Old 01-07-2010, 01:44 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,544,709 times
The Championship game has already been played when Alabama trounced Florida 32-13,kudos to Alabama and this is coming from a Florida fan.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Status: "Charlotte Checkers Calder Cup Champions!" (set 29 days ago)

7,217 posts, read 8,231,053 times
Go Longhorns!!!!!!! Hook 'Em But good luck to Alabama too.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:04 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,561,033 times
I hate both of these teams, but I hate the SEC far more. Go Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football