U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 12:21 PM

623 posts, read 1,350,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinovelvet View Post
That does make you an elitist and biased, so Iím going to spend no more time with you.
Minus the short book I just read? Okay.

Quote:
I have no time to make educated arguments with someone that sees one-sided.
Obviously. Your next educated thought will be your first.

Quote:
And really, calling the Mountain West Conference schedules crappy, and junky just shows your level of ignorance towards the conference. Utah, TCU and BYU by themselves are very quality teams that are often top 25 teams. And while the world isnít a perfect place, you canít argue that these teams donít try to have tough schedules: Utah v. Oregon, BYU v. Oklahoma. Speaking of, and I can assume you will make excuses for Oklahoma, BYU beats Oklahoma yesterday.
Yeah, when 60 percent of your conference teams wouldn't even win a single league game in a real conference, that's a sign of quality. There's more to schedules than out of conference games, Mr Educated.

How will those 3 handle such powerhouses as New Mexico, SDSU, or Colorado St?

There's not even a MWC team that will sniff the top 40 in toughest schedules. Oh yeah, they deserve a BCS shot. Why? Because they only play 3-4 quality teams a year. In real conferences it's at least double that.

You actually think BYU beats OU if Bradford doesn't get hurt? LOL.

Quote:
At the end of the day, you and I can argue all day, and by the looks of the time and day of your last post (11:19 p.m. on a Friday night) you certainly have a lot of time on your hands...
It was actually 12:19 here, genius. Chattanooga's on Eastern Time. Do you know how time zones work?

It's called having to drive 2 hours for a noon game and having to get there early enough to tailgate. With fans from a legit, top-rate conference.

I'll take my social life any day over some sad, MWC apologist.

Quote:
But a team that goes undefeated in a respectable conference,
I agree. Respectable being not crap like the Sun Belt, WAC, and of course the pathetic MWC.

Quote:
But a team that goes undefeated in a respectable conference, shouldnít be dabbed in the ass because they donít play for a non-BCS conference. Especially considering the fact that such a team has shown consistency in the past few years.
Let's just place the Richmond Spiders in the NC Championship this year. I mean, they've been consistent, granted vs 4th rate, Mountain West-esque quality teams, but they shouldn't be slighted just because they're in a non-BCS conference, right? Please. If you play a sub-rate schedule, you deserve a sub-rate bowl. MWC honks like you don't seem to get it. You guys should be thrilled enough that that one of your teams even get consideration for any BCS bowl game.

Quote:
The argument is that there should be some considerations that are not human/computer related, since we all see the flaw in that system.
The simple fact that your entire argument is conclusory and is unsupported by nothing more than your personal opinion speaks highly of your knowledge and bias.
Like what, praying to God or something?

Look at strength of schedule. That's all you need. MWC have received the best bids they should ask for. Any thought of them being NC game worthy is laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM

1,475 posts, read 3,375,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic Bessemer View Post
Roll Tide !!!

We finally pulled it off. I was wondering where the offense was for awhile. I guess they just had to get into the groove of things. Considering the experience of the O line, I am pleased with (at least the fourth Q) of the game. Defense is great all around tho.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 PM

The Tide did look tough and very physical. Not surprising coming from a Saban coached team. McElroy seemed to really settle down in the 2nd half.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:34 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,926,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
How does UVA lose to William&Mary?
The Cavs and Terps supposed to be descent ACC programs. I can't explain that UVA loss either.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:20 PM

63 posts, read 147,986 times
The ACC had a dreadful first week, winning only one game against a FBS opponent (Clemson over Middle Tennessee State). Kudos for Va Tech putting up a good fight against Bama (more than Clemson did last year), but they were really over matched against a far superior Alabama team.

As for my team, LSU, I am glad they were able to pull off the win, but was not impressed with their play. I hope Washington is much improved from last year. LSU was sluggish on defense and very bland looking on offense (except for the last TD drive to make the score 31-16). Neither of the super Freshmen (QB/WR Russell Sheppard & WR Reuben Randle) made the field, which is understandable considering the atmosphere at that stadium (best game atmosphere and passion I've ever seen from a PAC 10 stadium).

Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,772,344 times
Thanks for acknoledging the Hokies as a decent adversary. Tyrod needs to do more running and the offense overall was unimpressive.

Jeez' the Tide Linebackers were HUGE and POWERFUL.

VTech should still have a good year, I hope we can edge out Nebraska at home though.

On the other fronts, I was actually surprised the Cajun Tigers didn't roll over the Huskies but I read they are much better than last year.

That kid Paulus over in 'Cuse looks like he has room to grow. Aside from that bad call he made in overtime, I hear that the Orange are at least on their way up.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 PM

Very exciting game tonight.

If you can't score with 5 or 6 chances inside the 5 yard line, you don't deserve to win. The playcalling by the Seminole coaching staff was atrocious. In retrospect them wasting time didn't help either, but the ball was again already inside the 5 with a 1st down and shouldn't have been a factor at all.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,995,692 times
Not a good day to be a Rutgers fan

Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 PM

7,836 posts, read 19,591,229 times
Okay I'm a huge U fan and I live in Milwaukee...yeah I know, I'm not a badger fan! I have to tell you I am so excited for this season what a huge win for the U and I really can't believe they won. I'm still in shock! WOW, one of the best football games I have seen in a while. I wish the U had a pass defense though that sure would be nice!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 PM

2,818 posts, read 5,822,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Okay I'm a huge U fan and I live in Milwaukee...yeah I know, I'm not a badger fan! I have to tell you I am so excited for this season what a huge win for the U and I really can't believe they won. I'm still in shock! WOW, one of the best football games I have seen in a while. I wish the U had a pass defense though that sure would be nice!
As a netural fan it was a very very good game to watch and for the week to end on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football