U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
JJG

10,374 posts, read 9,908,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
So what should the final polls be?

My vote would be:
1 - Alabama
2 - Boise State
3 - TCU
4- Texas
5 - Florida

There is no reason to think that Boise State wouldn't have played better against Alabama than Texas did. And if you make that assumption then TCU should be ranked above Texas since the BSU/TCU game was a good match-up. Florida looked worse than Texas against Alabama so I would rank Texas higher.
Hmm...

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Boise State
4. Iowa
5. TCU

That's how I really see it after the way Texas lost. Because Florida destroyed Cincy, they'll easily place them over Boise State. TCU may get passed up as well, but I actually doubt that one...
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 03:40 PM

3,827 posts, read 3,074,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Well, anyway I put an astrix on this game. Unfortually for the Tide, they didnt get Texas at there best.
You must be from Texas, they love to put some sort asterisk on every season.

Give me a break, injuries are part of the game.

I guess OU should just put an asterisk on their entire season?

Karma is a ***** for all of the UT fans that cheered when Sam Bradford when down.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:45 PM

228 posts, read 278,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
So I was thinking instead of doing a week by week thread like last year we could just have a single thread on what's going in College ball world, that way if some one wants to reference something that happened in September and it's now November, we don't have to re-drag old threads.

So some of you may know I am a NCSU fan, I'm really excited to see how our QB, Russell Wilson will fare this year, and whether or not he decides to stay or enter the MLB draft. Some bad news regarding us is Nate Irving, Linebacker, will miss this season.

My hope is to win the ACC this season, as well as beating our "in state friends".

I also somewhat like the Texas Longhorns being that I once visited Austin and it reminded me of Raleigh, where NC State is, and I got to see their Stadium and bought a Longhorn hat. The Wolfpack however, always come first.
Yes, finally another NCST Wolfpack fan! Thank you!

Old 01-08-2010, 03:52 PM

228 posts, read 278,573 times
I feel for Texas so much after last night's championship loss, especially Colt McCoy. I really wanted Texas to win, although I do like Mark Ingram. If McCoy wasn't injured, Texas might have won. Instead, they had to be led by Gilbert, who was a freshman quarterback who was basically in his first college football game. To his credit, he did very well in the 2nd half and almost led a comeback, but that blindside hit that forced the fumble was really rough. I feel so bad for Texas. McCoy, at least he's going to be making some money in the NFL next year. Maybe Texas will be able to get on track next year.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:52 PM

4,925 posts, read 6,098,274 times
Wow, a quarterback knocked out of a game!? Who'da thunk it?

I, too, hate it happened...and hope it's nothing serious...McCoy's a talented kid. But I had to wonder if the same thing had happened to Alabama would the results have been the same--an opponent victory?
I don't think it's as likely because Alabama had a more balanced game and while he is capable, relied less upon their quarterback. You have to be able to establish and have a strong running game and Texas was unable to do that, and hadn't done it as well as desired all season.
There's been a lot of great teams that had outstanding quarterbacks. But I'll bet there's been more great teams that had average quarterbacks...teams that had a more balanced attack.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:01 PM

2,803 posts, read 2,556,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Karma is a ***** for all of the UT fans that cheered when Sam Bradford when down.
10 years from now the only thing I am going to remember about this am was that some team lost their Star QB and nearly pulled it off anyway. If thats all I remember, then the win has to get an * in my book. I have no love for Texas, its an aweful place. Austin, a place I lived for 5 months, is a sweat-box, Burnt Orange was every where. I hated it, the culture and everything about Texas. Soooooooooooo glad to be living in the South West now.

So if the Colts lost Payton Manning in the Superbowl, it wouldn't disappoint you that the game was not going to live up the the potential it was billed. A team that beats another team while that team is using a 1st time true freshman in a National championship, is not impressing me. Thing is, Alabama played so poorly on offense, how can one not believe that things would have turned out different.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
JJG

10,374 posts, read 9,908,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

I feel it was "karma" when Bradford got injured for what happened last year.
And it's not just Texas. I'd bet if you polled the nation, most would say that Texas should have been in the Title game instead of OU.

And yes, it's wrong to cheer for ANYONE to get injured and if you do that, you're scum. But please, don't start talkin' about "karma", because OU and the BCS has screwed a couple teams this past decade. Especially when it comes to 2004 National Championship....

Old 01-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Dear Texas, Welcome to the OU season. And rest assured, if a single one of you use the "Colt was hurt" excuse, just know that if Sam wasnt injured, you would not have made it to that game. Much love.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Especially when it comes to 2004 National Championship....
????? OU was undefeated going into the 2004 NCG.

Sure you can make an argument for Auburn, but OU didn't screw anyone that year, they were unbeaten.... now 2003, that might be a different story.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:16 PM

9,807 posts, read 6,032,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
10 years from now the only thing I am going to remember about this am was that some team lost their Star QB and nearly pulled it off anyway. If thats all I remember, then the win has to get an * in my book. I have no love for Texas, its an aweful place. Austin, a place I lived for 5 months, is a sweat-box, Burnt Orange was every where. I hated it, the culture and everything about Texas. Soooooooooooo glad to be living in the South West now.

So if the Colts lost Payton Manning in the Superbowl, it wouldn't disappoint you that the game was not going to live up the the potential it was billed. A team that beats another team while that team is using a 1st time true freshman in a National championship, is not impressing me. Thing is, Alabama played so poorly on offense, how can one not believe that things would have turned out different.

Texas' coach said before the game that in the future all people will remember is who won the national championship, not who finished 2nd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football